Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
The Magellan Maestro 5310 portable navigator sports a generous 5" widescreen display, providing exceptional readability and detail for large-vehicle owners. It also includes an FM-TMC traffic-information receiver that provides current updates on congestion along your route. If you see a slowdown up ahead, the Maestro 5310 can quickly find an alternate route if one is available. Traffic-info service is available in most metropolitan areas; you get a free 3-month subscription with your purchase.
The Maestro 5310 comes preloaded with maps of all 50 United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico just use an address or local search to enter your destination through the touchscreen. You'll have over 6 million points of interest to choose from, making it easy to find hotels, restaurants, gas stations, ATMs, and other services, with phone numbers included for most locations.
Travel unfamiliar streets with confidence as text-to-speech voice prompts announce road names as your next turns approach. You'll hear "turn right on Main Street" instead of "take the next right," for more intuitive guidance. Built-in AAA© travel information provides listings for top-rated accommodations and restaurants, as well as auto repair facilities and campgrounds approved by the leading travel resource.
- GPS satellite navigation unit with built-in antenna
- suction-cup windshield mount and dashboard disk
- car/home power adapters, USB cable, carrying case and built-in rechargeable battery with up to 3 hours of life
- 5" (480 x 272 pixels) wide screen with touch control
- 6 million points of interest
- preloaded with maps of the United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico
- text-to-speech technology lets voice prompts announce road names over the built-in speaker
- instant access to AAA service details and recommended destinations
- FM-TMC traffic-info receiver kit (additional subscription fees required after free 3-month trial)
- multi-destination routing: select up to 20 destinations and route in a preferred order
- SD card slot
Other features and specs:
- dimensions: 5-5/8"W x 3-11/16"H x 7/8"D
- weight: 6.9 oz.
- warranty: 1 year (2 years with valid AAA membership)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Who needs a portable navigator?
A portable navigator eliminates the issue of phone coverage. You don't use data, and you always have maps - even when your phone has no (or slow) service. The maps in a portable navigator are superior to your phone's maps, as are the turn-by-turn directions. Modern GPS navigators have larger screens than most phones, so it's easier to see the map at a glance. Navigators with 3D maps really help you orient yourself quickly in urban areas. If you've got a lead foot, most navigators can also warn you when you are exceeding the speed limit.
Magellan Maestro 5310 Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Magellan Maestro 5310
Great big screen, easy to see. Voice prompts are pretty clear. Easy to use right out of the box. Having a wall charger in addition to a car adapter is great. Having the AAA doubled warranty is a great free benefit.
POI list is comprehensive, but not complete. POI's aren't always displayed in alphabetical order. Not all menus are circular, meaning if you need the last menu item, you have to scroll all the way down rather scrolling up once.
What's in the box?
- Portable car navigation unit
- Cigarette lighter adapter with attached straight 58" cord
- AC adapter with attached 6' DC output cord (DC output: 5V/2A)
- 5' FM antenna with 2 attached suction cups (with 3.5mm miniplug on one end)
- 40" USB cord (with male Type A USB connector on one end and a Mini-USB Version 2.0 connector on the other end)
- Plastic cradle
- Adjustable suction-cup mount
- Self-adhesive dash mount disc
- Soft protective pouch
- Alcohol Prep Pad
- "My Magellan Maestro 5310" CD-ROM
- Reference Card (English)
- Reference Card (French)
- "Check The Contents" sheet
- TrafficKit Service Activation sheet
- Warranty booklet
- AAA advertisement
Features and Specs
|Map Coverage||USA, Canada, Puerto Rico|
|Points of Interest||6,000,000|
|Multiple Destination Routing||Yes|
|Digital Audio Playback||---|
|Text To Speech||Yes|
|Dynamic Content Services||---|
|Removable Memory Type||SD card|
|Battery Life||3 Hours|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The Magellan Maestro 5310 is a vehicle and portable navigation device that utilizes GPS signals from satellites to calculate your precise location and compute details about your travel destination. Once the Maestro 5310 locates your position and movement, it can then overlay this information onto detailed integrated NAVTEQ maps to provide you with visual representation of your location and destination route. Because the Maestro 5310 requires no installation, you can transfer the unit from one vehicle to another. The unit is made of high-impact plastic for added durability.
GPS Receiver: The Maestro 5310 is equipped with a 30-channel, WAAS/EGNOS-enabled Centrality Atlas III GPS receiver. It receives tracking signals from numerous global positioning satellites, updating your position once per second. The SiRF Star III integrated chipset provides fast, accurate GPS position acquisition down to 10-16 feet (3-5 meters).
Antenna: The portable navigation unit features an integrated multidirectional GPS antenna patch adding to its sleek design.
Built-in Map: The Maestro 5310 comes preloaded with detailed maps and destinations of the United States (including Alaska and Hawaii), Canada, and Puerto Rico, enabling you to travel throughout North America without the need to download new data. Once you have registered your unit with Magellan, you can receive notification of possible updates and news.
Touchscreen Display: The unit features a large, anti-glare, touchscreen 5" widescreen display with easy to use menus, maps and icons. The display's brightness can be adjusted for easy night and day time viewing.
Memory Card Slot: The Magellan Maestro 5310 features a memory card slot that will accept both SD-cards and MultiMediaCards. You can save custom POIs onto a memory card using the software found on the supplied CD-ROM through your PC and then load the memory card into the Maestro 5310. You can also backup data such as your Address Book to an inserted SD or MMC card. Once the data has been backed up, it can be restored at any time.
Note: No memory card is included. When you restore from backed up data, address book and other data will be replaced with the restored data.
Turn-By-Turn Voice and Visual Guidance: The Maestro 5310 offers Turn-by-Turn visual guidance through it's wide touchscreen display and voice guidance via its built-in speaker.
SayWhere: The Maestro 5310 is equipped with Magellan's exclusive SayWhere text-to-speech feature. As you navigate to your destination, the unit will announce the names of the street or exit ramps (or both if desired) that are involved in each maneuver.
On-Screen Keypad: The unit's on-screen keypad allows you to manually enter specific data, addresses and destination into the Magellan Maestro 5310.
QuickSpell: To help you make sure you enter in the correct destination, the Maestro 5310 will automatically correct spelling errors and complete your destination address. QuickSpell also uses information in the unit's database to limit the keys that need to be pressed, presenting only those which can access information in the database.
AAA TourBook: The Maestro 5310 includes travel information from AAA to make your trip safe, easy, and hassle-free. If you are a AAA member, you can take advantage of discount listings wherever the AAA card is accepted. There is an option to calculate a route to any of the locations provided in the TourBook. AAA TourBook categories include:
- AAA TourBook Information: View detailed information about accommodations, restaurants, destinations, attractions and events in locations near your current position or near any location you enter.
- Show Your Card & Save: Search for businesses that offer discounts for AAA members.
- Approved Auto Repairs: Search for AAA-approved automotive repair facilities, including hours of operation and services offered.
- AAA Branch Offices: Search for AAA branch offices with information on hours of operation and services offered.
- Campgrounds: Search for campgrounds rated by AAA.
Warranty Extension for AAA Members: AAA members can get an extra year of warranty added to the manufacturer's one year warranty by registering their GPS unit within 60 days of purchase.
Main Menu: The Main Menu is the center for all the available functions for the Magellan Maestro. The Main Menus consists of two screen pages with large and easy to access icons:
- Show Map: Displays the map with your current position (if you are computing a position from the GPS signals) indicated by the blue triangle.
- Enter Address: In this screen, addresses can be entered by first entering the city, zip code or by selecting a city from a list of cities you have already used as destinations.
- Points Of Interest (POI): The Maestro 5310 offers 6-million points of interests to help you easily find gas stations, restaurants, ATMs, and more. You can search for POIs by entering the name or by selecting from a list of available categories and sub-categories. Additionally, POIs can be created and installed using the POI Manager CD-ROM software.
- Home: You can enter and save your home address so you can easily navigate to your home from another location.
- AAA Roadside Assistance: This screen contains all of the information you will need to provide AAA Roadside Assistance emergency services to your pinpoint location and speed up your service. It includes the AAA Roadside Assistance toll-free number, the AAA Membership enrollment number, Current location, including street, city, the next and previous exit or intersection from your location, and your coordinates. You can also enter your AAA Membership number for reference. Note: AAA Roadside Assistance is only available to AAA Members.
- Trip Planner: The Trip Planner menu allows you to create a route with multiple destinations. The Optimize button can organize the order of the destinations into the most efficient route. Up to 20 trips can be created, each with up to 25 destinations.
- Exit POIs: This feature provides a listing of restaurants, gas stations, auto repair shops or hotels near approaching freeway exits. You can select one of the POIs listed and create a route to it.
- User Options: The User Options menu can access functions used to customize the unit to your personal needs.
Map Screen Modes: There are two unique modes that the Map Screen can be displayed in - Normal and Routing.
- Normal: In Normal mode, your position is shown on the map along with the time and your speed. As you travel, your position will be updated, giving you a clear view of your position and surrounding streets.
- Routing: In Routing mode, additional information is displayed, providing you with more detailed information about the route you have selected. In the routing screen, you can view the name of the street you're currently traveling on, plus the street name for the next maneuver, POI icons, and distance to next maneuver. You can toggle between the distance remaining to reach your destination, approximate time remaining until the destination is reached, and the approximate time of day to arrive at your destination.
Map View Options: The portable GPS unit allows you to the following map views.
- 2D Map: Two dimensional view of map which displays the top of the screen in either the direction of your heading or direction pointing North.
- 3D Map: Three dimensional view of map which displays the top of the screen in the direction of your heading.
- TrueView: Three dimensional view of your next maneuver.
- SplitView: The unit's display is evenly divided into a two dimensional view of the map screen along with a three dimensional view of your next maneuver.
Current Location Screen: The Current Location screen displays approximate address information, the distance from the next and previous cross streets, as well as your latitude and longitude. To the right is a compass point in your direction of travel, calculated elevation and speed. The bottom bar of the screen displays the current time and date.
Maneuver List Screen: Each line of the Maneuver List screen provides details about the maneuvers in the order that they are to be made, with the next maneuver at the top. The bottom bar of the Maneuver List screen indicates the distance and time to the next maneuver as well as the total distance computed for the route. The Maneuver List can be modified if you want to exclude one of the maneuvers should you want to avoid traveling on of the streets listed.
GPS Status Screen: The GPS Status screen uses green bars to indicate that the Magellan Maestro 5310 is using certain GPS satellites to compute the position. Orange bars indicate that the Magellan Maestro 5310 is trying to lock onto a satellite signal and no bar shown indicates a satellite that is not being tracked. The longer the bars, the better the signal.
Zoom Level: There are 23 zoom level in the Magellan Maestro 5310, ranging from 100 feet to 1200 miles. You can select the appropriate zoom level that best suits your navigation needs.
Enhanced POIs With Alerts: Enhanced POIs are points of interest that are user-created using the POI Manager software found on the supplied CD-ROM. After loading a POI file to an SD or MMC card and loading it in the Magellan Maestro 5310, you can route to those custom POIs quickly. An enhanced POI can also have an alarm attached that will alert you when you are in range set by "Alert Parameters".
User Options: This menu can be used to access functions used to customize the Magellan Maestro to your personal needs.
- Region: Choose map data from Lower 48 states, Canada, Alaska, Hawaii, or Puerto Rico.
- System Settings:
- Volume: The unit's volume can be set at 5 different levels or muted completely.
- Brightness: The display has 7 levels of brightness to choose from. In addition, you can check a box which will lower the brightness to 75% when the unit is operated on battery power.
- Auto Power Off: You can set the Maestro 5310 to shut down automatically after 10, 20, or 30 minutes of use if the location of the unit has not changed or the touchscreen hasn't been pressed.
- Language: Allows you to select English, Spanish, or French.
- Time Zone: Allows you to select between various world time zones.
- Unit Of Measure: You can select for the unit to use measurements of Miles/Feet or Kilometers/Meters.
- Product Information: Provides unit model name and number, serial number, firmware and hardware versions, and product ID number.
- Diagnostics: Provides three diagnostic tests: Audio, Touchscreen, and Video.
- Trip Computer: The Trip Computer records your average speed, the time in hours of the trip, the time in hours that you were driving, and the distance of the trip. This information can be saved to a file for easy access when the information is needed.
- POI Selection: You can use the POI Selection to set what categories of icons will be shown and which ones will be hidden on the Map screen.
- Address Book Options: Lets you maintain the address book by clearing addresses, favorites, or previous entries
- Map Options: Lets you select 3D or 2D map screens and Heading Up or North Up orientations. You can also select Auto TrueView, Split TrueView, and Auto Night Mode.
- Detour Options: You can select you far the unit will calculate your detour from your original route.
- Simulator Mode: The Simulator mode offers the option of simulating movement on a route.
- Tone Options: This option provides a way of selecting the tone used to announce arrival at a maneuver or destination point.
- Navigation Instruction: You can set the unit to announce street names, or exit ramp names, or both.
- GPS Options: Lets you check your GPS status or set your GPS position.
- Backup and Restore: Lets you make a backup copy of the unit's software or restore the data from a backup copy if lost.
- Map Information: Lets you check which geographic area maps you're using, and the version number of the Basemap NavStreets, Detailed Map NavStreets, and AAA data software.
- Traffic Options: Lets you set parameters for the following: Incident options, Traffic selection, Subscription, Restore defaults, and Traffic status.
Setting GPS Position: Setting a GPS position is useful if you are not getting satellite information quickly because the Magellan Maestro 5310 has traveled over 500 miles while turned off. Setting the GPS position will allow the Maestro 5310 to compute which satellites are available and calculate the position quicker.
Auto Re-Route: If you travel off the computed route, the Magellan Maestro 5310 will automatically re-calculate the routing information to get you to your original destination using the routing method you selected when creating the route.
Customizable Route Method: You can set the Maestro 5310 to calculate your route by Fastest Time, Shortest Distance, Less Freeways or More Freeways, or Avoid Toll Roads.
Route Exclusion: You can manually select streets and freeways to avoid to better customize your route.
Auto Night Map Display: In Auto Night Map Display mode the unit's map screen is displayed in pastel colors for daytime use and a black background for nighttime use.
Rechargeable Battery: The unit has a built-in 1200 mAh Li-Ion rechargeable battery that offers up to 3 hours of continuous use. You can recharge the unit's built-in battery with the supplied vehicle power adapter, USB cable or included AC adapter. The unit remains operable while using the supplied vehicle adapter or AC adapter but is not operable when connected via USB.
Mounting: The Maestro 5310 comes supplied with an adjustable arm that can be mounted to either the windshield, using a suction-cup mount, or dash of your vehicle, using the self-adhesive plastic disc.
Traffic Capability: The Maestro 5310 comes complete with integrated traffic capabilities. If traffic information is available for the area you are traveling and the traffic subscription is active, traffic incident information will be displayed on the Map Screen. The re-routing mode will reroute the vehicle if an incident impacts the route you are traveling and a faster alternative route is available. Events affecting your route are reported in the form of warning messages on the unit's screen.
NavTraffic: The TrafficKit uses an FM receiver that connects to Navteq NavTraffic, and sends real-time reports directly to your Maestro 5310. The unit uses this information to make advanced calculations and adjust the time and distance to destination shown on the color touch screen. A subscription to NavTraffic is required in order to receive live traffic information. Note: A 3-month pre-paid subscription comes with the unit.
Market Coverage: The NavTraffic service is currently available in the following 50 metropolitan areas:
|Annapolis, MD||Columbus, OH||Los Angeles, CA||Orlando, FL||San Diego, CA|
|Atlanta, GA||Dallas - Ft. Worth, TX||Memphis, TN||Philadelphia, PA||San Francisco, CA|
|Austin, TX||Denver - Boulder, CO||Miami-Ft. Lauderdale-Hollywood, FL||Phoenix, AZ||San Jose, CA|
|Baltimore, MD||Detroit, MI||Middlesex-Somerset-Union, NJ||Pittsburgh, PA||Sarasota-Bradenton (Tampa), FL|
|Boston, MA||Fresno, CA||Milwaukee-Racine, WI||Portland, OR||Seattle - Tacoma, WA|
|Buffalo, NY||Hartford-New Britain-Middletown, CT||Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN||Providence-Warwick-Pawtucket, RI||St. Louis, MO|
|Charlotte-Gastonia-Rock Hill, NC||Houston-Galveston, TX||Nashville, TN||Riverside-San Bernardino, CA||Tampa-St. Petersburg-Clearwater, FL|
|Chicago, IL||Indianapolis, IN||Nassau-Suffolk, NY||Sacramento, CA||Toronto, ON (Canada)|
|Cincinnati, OH||Kansas City, MO||New York, NY||Salt Lake City, UT||Washington, DC|
|Cleveland, OH||Las Vegas, NV||Norfolk-Virginia Beach-Newport News, VA||San Antonio, TX||West Palm Beach, FL|
Minimum Requirements: In order to use the supplied CD-ROM, receive updates and connect the Maestro 5310 to your computer, the PC must meet the following minimum requirements:
- IBM-compatible PC, Pentium or higher
- Microsoft Windows 2000 or XP
- 128 MB RAM
- CD-ROM drive
- USB port
- 10 MB of available hard disc space
- SVGA (800x600) 16-bit color monitor
Top Of Unit:
- Power Button: turns unit on or off
Right Side Of Unit:
- Card Slot: SD or MultiMedia Card
- Power Input: DC jack for supplied cigarette lighter adapter or AC adapter
Bottom Of Unit:
- Reset Button: resets unit back to factory settings
- USB: Mini-USB Version 2.0 port that connects to your PC to upload Custom POIs or software updates (USB cable supplied)
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.