Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
City streets can be cramped locations for shooting. So when it's time to take that corporate HQ shot for the annual report, you'll be happy this Sigma Photo 10-20mm f/4-5.6 ultra wide-angle zoom lens is locked in place on the front of your APS-C SLR. With a 102-degree angle of view at full wide, this lens will get an awful lot into the frame. Your shot will be crystal-clear, with an arresting perspective. This is an ideal choice for landscape and portrait photographers who want to explore a more adventurous depiction of space.
- Nikon bayonet mount
- 10-20mm f/4-5.6 EX DC HSM wide-angle zoom lens with 35mm equivalent of 15-30mm on Nikon cameras with APS-C sensors
- not recommended for full-frame cameras
- HSM (Hyper-Sonic Motor) for fast, silent focusing
- three aspherical elements and three super low-distortion elements
- ideal for landscapes, architectural photography, interesting perspectives, and group shots
- minimum focus distance: 9.4 inches
- constructed of 14 elements in 10 groups
- filter size: 77mm
- lens is 3-5/16" in diameter, 3-7/16" long
- weight: 16.4 oz.
- carrying case, lens hood, front and rear lens caps supplied
- warranty: 4 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Sigma Photo 10-20mm f/4-5.6 EX DC HSM Reviews
Average Customer Review:
outstanding wide angle shooter
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Really enjoy the ability to get as wide as I can with this lens. The closest I could get before buying this was 18mm and wasn't sure how much difference it would make, but it is substantial! I can get nearly 90 degrees to either side of the camera in each shot. It is WIDE and I love the quality of my landscape shots with this lens. At this price, you can't go wrong.
Pros: super wide, not heavy at all even at 77mm
Cons: only adjusts to 20mm if you have to have a con at all
Great wide angle lens
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Lens is moderate weight. You need to shoot with lens hood on in bright sunlight to minimize flare. Shooting at the widest shows visible distortion but the picture is still pleasing to look at
Pros: Super wide. Shooting at 12 mm makes this a kick ass landscape / travel lens.
Cons: Barrel distortion at 10mm. F/4 doesn't rock at low light conditions. But that's not such a big deal.
What's in the box?
- Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6 EX DC HSM zoom lens for Nikon
- LCF-77 II lens cap (installed)
- Rear lens cap (installed)
- LH825-04 Lens hood
- Soft padded case
- Warranty Card
- Limited Warranty sheet
Features and Specs
|Maximum Aperture||f/4 (W) - 5.6 (T)|
|Parts Warranty||4 Years|
|Labor Warranty||4 Years|
Overview: The Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM is designed to be used with cameras with APS-C size image sensors. It is the perfect lens for shooting landscapes, architecture, building interiors, group pictures, and much more. The lens has the Nikon bayonet mount.
Lens Hood: The Sigma 10-20mm lens includes a lens hood to help prevent stray light from entering the lens, causing flare, and to protect the lens from rain, snow, and dust. When not in use, the lens hood can be inverted and mounted onto the lens backwards for storage.
Focus Mode Switch: The lens features a two-way switch for setting the focus mode: AF (auto focus) or MF (manual focus).
Sigma Technology: The lens has the following Sigma technology built-in:
- Aspherical Lens: Aspherical lenses are used for outstanding optical performance and to keep the lenses compact.
- Super Multi-layer Coating: Sigma's own Super Multi-layer Coating suppresses lens flare and ghosting by preventing reflections within the lens.
- Rounded Diaphragm: Using a rounded diaphragm instead of a polygonal shaped one produces pleasingly rounded out-of-focus light points when opened to near maximum aperture.
- Inner Focusing System: Sigma uses a focusing system that only moves elements within the lens barrel to avoid a changing barrel length as you focus.
- Hyper Sonic Motor (HSM): The Hyper Sonic Motor uses ultrasonic waves to drive the autofocus mechanism. This extremely quiet operation helps avoid disturbing photographic subjects, and isn't picked up by the microphone while recording video.
- Lens Construction: 14 Elements in 10 Groups
- Angle of View: 102.4° to 63.8°
- Number of Diaphragm Blades: 6
- Maximum Aperture: f/4-5.6
- Minimum Aperture: f/22
- Minimum Focusing Distance: 9.48" throughout the zoom range
- Filter Size: 77mm
- Maximum Magnifications: 1:6.7
- Dimensions: Diameter=3.281", Length=3.436"
- Weight: 16.4 ounces
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
1 question already asked
no you have to find the specific mount just keep researching this is ef which is canon [ Cory Dec 14, 2015 ]
I don't know. I know it works on canon T-3. [ Theresa Dec 12, 2015 ]