Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Stay out of their way
That brilliant yellow finch by your feeder has been skittish about being your subject for days. Better to get the dramatic close-ups from a little distance. This Sigma Photo 105mm f/2.8 macro telephoto is an excellent choice for getting great nature shots without spooking your subjects. With a nearly silent Hyper-Sonic Motor powering the precise autofocus, it'll almost be like you're not there.
It belongs in your camera bag too
While this macro lens is optimized for full-frame cameras, APS-C cameras can benefit as well. The focal length will increase by a factor of 1.5X on most APS-C cameras (1.6X on Canon's APS-C models), so this 105mm lens will have a 157.5mm equivalent length on many non-full-frame cameras. With several mountings to choose from, this lens has the versatility to find a home in almost any photographer's bag.
Carefully machined low-dispersion optical elements and proprietary coatings yield a lens that is sharp, clear, and free of artifacts like color fringing, ghosting, flaring, and distortion. And built-in optical stabilization reduces the effect of shaky hands on pictures with slower shutter speeds.
- Nikon bayonet mount
- 105mm f/2.8 Macro EX DG OS HSM telephoto lens with 35mm equivalent of 157.5mm on Nikon cameras with APS-C sensors
- HSM (Hyper-Sonic Motor) for fast, silent focusing
- Super Multi-Layer Coating minimizes reflections and flare
- ideal for close-up, portrait, nature/wildlife photography and available light shooting
- working distance: 4.8" from front of lens to subject at life-size (1:1) magnification
- focus range: 12.3" to infinity
- constructed of 16 elements in 11 groups
- filter size: 62mm
- lens is 3-1/8" in diameter, 5-3/16" long
- weight: 25.6 oz.
- carrying case, lens hood, front and rear lens caps supplied
- warranty: 4 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Sigma Photo 105mm f/2.8 Macro Lens Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Sigma Photo 105mm f/2.8 Macro Lens
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Great lens Great savings!!!
Sigma 105 Macro
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Love the lens
What's in the box?
- Sigma 105mm f/2.8 EX DG Macro OS lens for Nikon
- LCF-62 II lens cap (installed)
- Rear lens cap (installed)
- 35mm Full Size Lens hood
- HA-680-01 APS-C Hood Adapter
- Soft padded case
- Strap (for case)
- Warranty Sticker
- Limited Warranty sheet
Features and Specs
|Parts Warranty||4 Years|
|Labor Warranty||4 Years|
Overview: The Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro OS HSM (Model #258) is a large aperture, medium telephoto macro lens, designed to be used with full-frame cameras. It can also be used with smaller APS-C size sensors with an effective increase in focal length to 157.5mm. It is a great lens for weddings and events, portraits, nature and wildlife, as well as macro photography. The lens has the Nikon bayonet-mount, and comes with a padded carrying case, lens hood, and APS-C hood adapter.
Lens Hood: The Sigma 105mm lens includes a lens hood to help prevent stray light from entering the lens, causing flare, and to protect the lens from rain, snow, and dust. When not in use, the lens hood can be inverted and mounted onto the lens backwards for storage.
APS-C Hood Adapter: If using the lens on a camera with an APS-C sized image sensor, the included APS-C hood adapter should be mounted between the lens and the lens hood. The hood adapter provides more effective shading. If the hood adapter is used with full-frame cameras, vignetting will occur.
Optical Stabilizer (OS): The built-in Optical Stabilizer allows for handheld photography, even in low light scenarios, and compensates for image blurring caused by camera shake. There are 2 OS modes: Mode 1 compensates for overall camera shake, while Mode 2 detects vertical shake that occurs when panning the camera horizontally.
Focus Mode Switch: The lens features a two-way switch for setting the focus mode: AF (auto focus) or MF (manual focus).
Sigma Technology: The lens has the following Sigma technology built-in:
- Hyper Sonic Motor (HSM): The Hyper Sonic Motor uses ultrasonic waves to drive the autofocus mechanism. This extremely quiet operation helps avoid disturbing photographic subjects, and isn't picked up by the microphone while recording video.
- Super Multi-layer Coating: Sigma's own Super Multi-layer Coating suppresses lens flare and ghosting by preventing reflections within the lens.
- Rounded Diaphragm: Using a rounded diaphragm instead of a polygonal shaped one produces pleasingly rounded out-of-focus light points when opened to near maximum aperture.
- Lens Construction: 16 Elements in 11 Groups
- Angle of View: 23.3°
- Number of Diaphragm Blades: 9
- Maximum Aperture: f/2.8
- Minimum Aperture: f/22
- Minimum Focusing Distance: 12.3"
- Filter Size: 62mm
- Maximum Magnifications: 1:1
- Dimensions: Diameter=3.071", Length=5.16"
- Weight: 25.6 ounces
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.