Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Nothing matches the presence and clarity of a wide-aperture lens that's designed for a single focal length. Lenses that meet this description are called "fast primes," because they gather lots of light and they aren't zoom lenses. The optical pathway is less complex than on a zoom lens, and so the images are often breathtakingly sharp. This lens sees the world in much the same way as the eye does, when placed on a full-frame camera. Its 50mm focal length and compact size makes it an excellent choice for travel photography, indoor events, and all-around picture taking. The large maximum f/1.4 aperture lets in plenty of light, allowing faster shutter speeds to "freeze" moving subjects. It also makes it perfect for shooting indoors when the lights are low.
- Nikon bayonet mount
- 50mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM normal lens with 35mm equivalent of 75mm on Nikon cameras with APS-C sensors
- Nikon mount lenses do not have an aperture ring. Some functions may not work depending on the camera model.
- built-in lens motor: compatible with D40, D40x, D60, D3000, D5000
- HSM (Hyper-Sonic Motor) for fast, silent focusing
- Super Multi-Layer Coating minimizes reflections and flare
- ideal for everyday snapshots, portraits, and low-light shooting
- minimum focusing distance: 17.7"
- constructed of 8 elements in 6 groups
- filter size: 77mm
- lens is 3-3/8" in diameter, 2-15/16" long
- weight: 17.8 oz.
- carrying case, lens hood, front and rear lens caps supplied
- warranty: 4 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Sigma Photo 50mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Sigma 50mm f/1.4 ??
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Absolutely Love this lens. Great color, sharp! Definite go to lens!
Pros: Great color Sharp
What a Nice Lens!
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
This is the nicest 50mm lens I've ever owned - and that's going back some time. The sharpness and overall clarity are excellent throughout the range of apertures.
What's in the box?
- Sigma 50mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM lens for Nikon
- LCF-77 III lens cap (installed)
- Rear lens cap (installed)
- LH829-01 Lens hood
- Soft padded case
- Warranty Card
- Limited Warranty sheet
Features and Specs
|Parts Warranty||4 Years|
|Labor Warranty||4 Years|
Overview: The Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM is a fast, standard prime lens, designed to be used with full-frame cameras. It can also be used with cameras with APS-C size image sensors, and has an equivalent focal length of 75mm. It is a great lens for taking portraits, as well as for travel, weddings, and other events. The lens has the Nikon bayonet-mount.
Lens Hood: The Sigma 50mm lens includes a lens hood to help prevent stray light from entering the lens, causing flare, and to protect the lens from rain, snow, and dust. When not in use, the lens hood can be inverted and mounted onto the lens backwards for storage.
Focus Mode Switch: The lens features a two-way switch for setting the focus mode: AF (auto focus) or MF (manual focus).
Sigma Technology: The lens has the following Sigma technology built-in:
- Aspherical Lens: Aspherical lenses are used for outstanding optical performance and to keep the lenses compact.
- Super Multi-layer Coating: Sigma's own Super Multi-layer Coating suppresses lens flare and ghosting by preventing reflections within the lens.
- Rounded Diaphragm: Using a rounded diaphragm instead of a polygonal shaped one produces pleasingly rounded out-of-focus light points when opened to near maximum aperture.
- Inner Focusing System: Sigma uses a focusing system that only moves elements within the lens barrel to avoid a changing barrel length as you focus.
- Hyper Sonic Motor (HSM): The Hyper Sonic Motor uses ultrasonic waves to drive the autofocus mechanism. This extremely quiet operation helps avoid disturbing photographic subjects, and isn't picked up by the microphone while recording video.
- Lens Construction: 8 Elements in 6 Groups
- Angle of View: 46.8°
- Number of Diaphragm Blades: 9
- Maximum Aperture: f/1.4
- Minimum Aperture: f/16
- Minimum Focusing Distance: 17.76"
- Filter Size: 77mm
- Maximum Magnifications: 1:7.4
- Dimensions: Diameter=3.325", Length=2.896"
- Weight: 17.8 ounces
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.