Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Nothing matches the presence and clarity of a wide-aperture lens that's designed to operate at just one focal length. Lenses that meet this description are called "fast primes," because they gather lots of light and they aren't zoom lenses. The optical pathway is less complex than on a zoom lens, and so the images are often breathtakingly sharp. This lens offers a generous field of view with no apparent distortion when placed on a full-frame camera. Its 35mm focal length and compact size makes it an excellent choice for travel photography, indoor events, and all-around picture taking, as it's easy to compose a frame simply by walking around. The large maximum f/1.4 aperture lets in plenty of light, allowing faster shutter speeds to "freeze" moving subjects. It also makes it perfect for shooting indoors when the lights are low.
- Canon EF-mount
- 35mm f/1.4 DG HSM normal lens with 35mm equivalent of 56mm on Canon cameras with APS-C sensors
- HSM (Hyper-Sonic Motor) for fast, silent focusing
- Super Multi-Layer Coating minimizes reflections and flare
- ideal for everyday snapshots, portraits, and low-light shooting
- minimum focusing distance: 11.8"
- constructed of 13 elements in 11 groups
- filter size: 67mm
- lens is 3" in diameter, 3-3/4" long
- weight: 9 oz.
- carrying case, lens hood, front and rear lens caps supplied
- warranty: 4 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Sigma Photo 35mm F/1.4 Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
I had read about people having focus problems with this lens, but I thought they just got bad ones. It gets very high ratings on the Internet. But I had the problem too. Maybe I got a bad one also . I don't know. If you buy the lens, make sure your camera body's firmware is up to date. I updated my Nikon D7000 and it definitely helped. Also, I wrote to the factory customer service office and they offered to adjust the lens and my camera if I sent them to them. Not sure that is a good idea. The adjustment might make the Sigman lens perform brilliantly as it is supposed to perform, but it could do it at the expense of making my camera have focus problems with my other lenses. The rest are Nikon lenses.
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
I went back and forth on weather a 35mm lens was a good option for me, but after hearing nothing but great things about this lens I went for it. I attached it to my camera and after 10 minutes this lens instantly became a favorite. Awesome focal length, great in low light, quick accurate autofocus and sharp! Sigma really did something fantastic with this lens.
Pros: sharp, superb autofocus, lowlight capabilities
Cons: None, seriously.
Preliminary info from the manufacturer
Features and Specs
|Parts Warranty||4 Years|
|Labor Warranty||4 Years|
Overview: The Sigma AF 35mm F1.4 DG HSM (Model #340) is a state of the art lens for travel, wedding and events, portrait, or artistic photography. The lens is designed to be used with full-frame cameras, but can also work with cameras with APS-C size sensors. The lens has the Canon EF mount, and comes with a padded carrying case, lens hood, and front and rear caps.
Art Category: This lens is the first addition to the Art Category in Sigma's Global Vision series, and can take artistic expression to the next level. The lens' special designation is signified with a silver "A" on the lens barrel.
Lens Hood: The 35mm lens includes a lens hood to help prevent stray light from entering the lens, causing flare, and to protect the lens from rain, snow, and dust. When not in use, the lens hood can be inverted and mounted onto the lens backwards for storage.
Focus Mode Switch: The lens features a two-way switch for setting the focus mode: AF (auto focus) or MF (manual focus).
Sigma Technology: The lens has the following Sigma technologies built-in:
- Hyper Sonic Motor (HSM): The Hyper Sonic Motor uses ultrasonic waves to drive the autofocus mechanism. This extremely quiet operation helps avoid disturbing photographic subjects, and isn't picked up by the microphone while recording video.
- USB Dock Compatible: The lens is compatible with the optional Sigma USB dock (sold separately) for updating the lens' firmware. Sigma has developed special Optimization Pro software that can adjust parameters such as focus through a firmware update.
- Super Multi-layer Coating: Sigma's own Super Multi-layer Coating suppresses lens flare and ghosting by preventing reflections within the lens.
- Rounded Diaphragm: Using a rounded diaphragm instead of a polygonal shaped one produces pleasingly rounded out-of-focus light points when opened to near maximum aperture.
- Lens Construction: 13 Elements in 11 Groups (including SLD and FLD Glass elements)
- Angle of View: 63.4°
- Number of Diaphragm Blades: 9
- Maximum Aperture: f/1.4
- Minimum Aperture: f/16
- Minimum Focusing Distance: 11.8"
- Filter Size: 67mm
- Maximum Magnifications: 1:5.2
- Dimensions: Diameter=3.075", Length=3.933" (4.495" w/caps)
- Weight: 23.5 ounces
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.