P.I.E Aux Input Adapter For Audi
Connect a portable music player, satellite radio tuner, or DVD player to your factory Audi receiver (Model AUD-AUX)
Item #: 469AUDAUX
This item is no longer available.
Original Price: $39.99
Got a portable music player? Then you probably know that a direct connection to your vehicle's radio will give you the best possible sound quality. The Precision Interface Electronics AUD-AUX adapter lets you convert the CD changer port on your Audi factory stereo into an auxiliary input, suitable for connecting an add-on satellite radio tuner, portable music player, or other audio source.
Just plug the 13-pin connector on the adapter cable into the factory radio's changer port, connect your portable player to the adapter's RCA inputs, press "CD" on the radio, and go. This adapter uses the CD changer port once connected, you can't use a changer with your factory radio. Warranty: 90 days.
Please enter your vehicle information or call an Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 to find out if this adapter is compatible with your vehicle.
P.I.E Aux Input Adapter For Audi Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Audio Adapter for Audi
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Fantastic product... exactly what I wanted for my car. Even better customer service in helping me decide what I needed.
Pros: Excellent product. A+ Service!
Works Great ( iPhone 3G )
2001 Audi TT
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Works as advertised, although I do get a lot of noise from the cell phone connection from time to time. It may be my cable though ( not this devices cable, the cable I bought that connects my iPhone to this device ) cause I didn't have this problem when using the tape deck cassette adaptor. The only problem is with the car itself. TT Roadsters are known for being a pain when trying to remove the CD-Changer. You can find an Audi Technical Bulletin that describes how to remove it. Here's what I did:
1. Used a plastic wedge tool ( I used Bike tire levers ) to remove the center speaker grill.
2. Here's the tricky part. Used a thin metal wedge to pry the edges of the center panel then pulled really, really hard to get it off.
3. Removed the speaker screws ( hex screw driver )
4. Pulled the bottom part of the driver side panel straight out.
5. Used wedge tool to pry the top part of the driver's side rear panel away from the roll bar panel. then pulled downward.
6. remove the screws on the left side and inside of the cd-changer storage box.
7. this part had me stumped, there is a small plastic grey plug in the storage box. You'll need to remove that too. What I did was use pliers and rip it out ( which takes some effort and you definitely don't need it so don't worry about destroying it ).
8. Now you can remove the cd-changer storage box, then the cd-changer, and then plug in this device.
9. change the radio to cd-changer mode and test!
What's in the box?
- Aux input adapter
- 10" Cable
Overview: DPXTM Auxiliary input converters by PIE (Precision Interface Electronics) are designed to convert the CD Changer port of the OEM radio (with CD Changer controls) into an auxiliary input. Devices such as Satellite Radios, DVD Players, VCRs, MP3 Players, and Game Systems can be added the the OEM radio without an FM Modulator. DPXTM Technology maintains full function of all factory steering wheel and rear seat controls.
Compatibility: The AUX-AUX allows you to add an auxiliary input to the factory radio in select Audi vehicles. The adapter plugs into the factory system using the supplied cable, avoiding wire splicing and modifications.
Note: The adapter takes the place of the CD changer, so you cannot have a CD changer and the adapter connected to your factory radio at the same time.
Mounting: The adapter can be secured to any flat surface.
Connections: The adapter has two RCA (left and right audio) inputs on one side. On the other side of the adapter is a rectangular 10-pin jack that interfaces with the supplied cable. The adapter end of the cable has the 10-pin plug and the other end has a round 13-pin plug which plugs into the CD Changer cable routed to the rear of the vehicle.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.