P.I.E. iPod® Cable for Pioneer
iPod interface cable for the Pioneer AVH-P5100DVD (Model PIO/USB-205V)
Item #: 469USB205V
This item is no longer available.
Original Price: $24.99
This P.I.E. interface cable lets you connect your iPod to Pioneer's AVH-P5100DVD DVD receiver, so you can access your iPod with the system's touchscreen controls. You'll see information like song and album titles, artist names, and track length all conveniently displayed on the receiver's screen. Just connect the cable to your iPod, plug it into the AVH-P5100DVD, and enjoy. Warranty: 90 days.
Compatibility Note: Be sure to check "Details" for specific iPod model compatibility with this iPod adapter.
Why would I need an iPod® adapter?
An iPod adapter allows you to connect your iPod to your car stereo, then access your playlists with your stereo's controls - a great idea for several reasons. One, you can scroll through your song titles on your stereo's larger display, instead of squinting down at your iPod. Two, you can route the adapter cable to your glove compartment or center console, so your iPod stays safely out of sight. Three, the iPod adapter keeps your iPod fully charged, so it's ready to rock when you leave your car. And last of all, some adapters bypass your iPod's internal digital-to-analog converter, using your stereo's superior DAC to turn your files back into music.
P.I.E. iPod® Cable for Pioneer Reviews
What's in the box?
- iPod connector cable with an IP-Bus connector on one end and a USB type-A connector and iPod dock connector on other end
Features and Specs
|Adapter Type||iPod A/V in w/ iPod control|
|Parts Warranty||90 Days|
|Labor Warranty||90 Days|
Overview: The PIE PIO/USB-205v iPod adapter permits direct control, audio/video playback, and charging of your iPod through the Pioneer AVH-P5100DVD Multimedia head unit. The Pioneer AVH-P5100DVD can be connected with an iPod via this dedicated adapter by attaching the cable's USB type-A and multi-pin proprietary connector to the head unit's rear-panel USB and multi-pin proprietary port and plugging the cable's dock connector into your iPod's dock connection. Using the touch panel or hard keys of the AVH-P5100DVD, you can play iPod-recorded songs with the following convenient functions:
- Text Information Display: Song/album titles, artist names, and track length are conveniently displayed on the monitor display. This capability also permits multiple "search" functions, making it a snap to find a song to play back.
- Multiple Search Functions: Just like looking for files stored on a PC, iPod-recorded songs may be sorted according to registered playlists, genres, artists, or albums to ensure easy access to each music file.
- Repeat Playback: The Repeat Playback function offers two options - repeat playing of a particular song or playback of all tunes from a specified playlist.
- Shuffle Songs: Shuffle Songs randomly plays the songs in your iPod's music library.
iPod Compatibility: The PIE PIO/USB-205v iPod adapter cable is "Made for iPod" compatible and supports the following iPod model functions when connected to a compatible Pioneer multimedia head unit (as of Dec. 2009):
|iPod/iPhone Model||Generation||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Unit||iPod/iPhone||Song/Artist Info||Track Info|
Note: Apple software updates may change functionality results requiring you to reset your iPod or iPhone.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.