P.I.E. iPod® Cable for Pioneer
iPod interface cable for the Pioneer AVH-P3100DVD and AVIC-Z110BT (Model PIO/USB-50V)
Item #: 469USB50V
This item is no longer available.
Original Price: $39.99
This P.I.E. interface cable lets you connect your iPod to the Pioneer AVH-P3100DVD and AVIC-Z110BT receivers, so you can access your iPod with the system's touchscreen controls. You'll see information like song and album titles, artist names, and track length all conveniently displayed on the receiver's screen. Just connect the cable to your iPod, plug it into your Pioneer receiver, and enjoy. Warranty: 90 days.
Compatibility Note: Be sure to check "Details" for specific iPod model compatibility with this iPod adapter.
Why would I need an iPod® adapter?
An iPod adapter allows you to connect your iPod to your car stereo, then access your playlists with your stereo's controls - a great idea for several reasons. One, you can scroll through your song titles on your stereo's larger display, instead of squinting down at your iPod. Two, you can route the adapter cable to your glove compartment or center console, so your iPod stays safely out of sight. Three, the iPod adapter keeps your iPod fully charged, so it's ready to rock when you leave your car. And last of all, some adapters bypass your iPod's internal digital-to-analog converter, using your stereo's superior DAC to turn your files back into music.
P.I.E. iPod® Cable for Pioneer Reviews
What's in the box?
- iPod connector cable with a minijack connector and a USB type-A connector on one end and an iPod dock connector on other end
Features and Specs
|Adapter Type||iPod A/V in w/ iPod control|
|Parts Warranty||90 Days|
|Labor Warranty||90 Days|
Overview: The PIE PIO/USB-50V interface cable allows you to plug your iPod directly into a compatible Pioneer Multimedia head unit's USB and Aux input terminal, and gain direct control, audio/video playback, and charging from the head unit. Touch slide scrolling, Alphabetical Hi-Speed Search, Album Art, and improved Link Search make it easy to find your iPod's music. The compatible Pioneer head unit can be connected with an iPod via this dedicated adapter, and using the touch panel or hard keys, you can play iPod-recorded songs with the following convenient functions.
- Text Information Display: Song/album titles, artist names, and track length are conveniently displayed on the monitor display. This capability also permits multiple "search" functions, making it a snap to find a song to play.
- Multiple Search Functions: Just like looking for files stored on a PC, iPod-recorded songs may be sorted according to registered playlists, genres, artists, or albums to ensure easy access to each music file.
- Repeat Playback: The Repeat Playback function offers two options - repeat playing of a particular song or playback of all tunes from a specified playlist.
- Shuffle Songs: Shuffle Songs randomly plays the songs in your iPod's music library.
iPod Compatibility: The PIE PIO/USB-50V interface cable is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model functions when connected to a compatible Pioneer multimedia head unit (as of 9/26/2012):
|iPod/iPhone||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Pandora App||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||App Mode||Song/Artist Text||Track Info||Album Art|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.