Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Lightning strikes again
Lightning Audio makes a great line of amplifiers that'll appeal to car audio fans everywhere. Their LA-4100MINI 4-channel amplifier will hit your speakers with 50 watts RMS each, giving your sound system much greater clarity and power. This handsome little amp packs its wallop using Class AB amp technology, for clean, distortion-free reproduction of your music. Want power for two speakers and a sub? You can switch the LA-4100MINI to 3-channel mode and blast a couple speakers with 50 watts each and your sub with 150 watts RMS.
You can use the high-pass filters on the front and rear channels to keep low frequencies out of your speakers. If you've got a sub, this allows your speakers to play much louder and cleaner so they can compete with the bass. Lightning Audio includes a low-pass filter on the rear channels, so you can adjust the bass going to a sub or two when you're running the amp in 3-channel or 2-channel mode.
LA-4100MINI control panel
- 4-channel car amplifier
- 50 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms (75 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms)
- 150 watts RMS x 2 bridged at 4 ohms (4-ohm stable in bridged mode)
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz
- Class AB amp technology
- variable high-pass filter on front channels (20-250 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- variable high- and low-pass filters on rear channels (50-250 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- preamp inputs
- 4-gauge power and ground leads and a 60-amp fuse recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- no onboard fuses when installing multiple amps in a system, an additional 60-amp in-line fuse between the distribution block and the amplifier is recommended
- 12-7/8"W x 2-5/16"H x 6-5/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
My system has plenty of power. Who needs an amp?
You might think you don't need an amp because you have a 400-watt system in your car, or because your new stereo puts out 50 watts a channel. But those are peak wattage ratings, which may boil down to 15 or 20 watts per channel, using the more realistic RMS rating. An amp sends your speakers the power they need to deliver your music with clarity and impact, whether you're using factory speakers or high-performance components. And low-frequency reproduction requires lots of power, so an amp is an absolute must if you're adding a sub to your system.
Lightning Audio LA-4100MINI Reviews
Average Customer Review:
smaller spaces but still want power? this is your AMP!
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
I did my homework on the spaces I was working with and the power I desired and this amp fit into my equation perfectly. I am pushing two Infinity Primus 2-way door speakers(rated at 70 watt RMS) and a 8" Bazooka tube(BT 8014 4-ohm) My application is underneath my driver seat in my 1995 GMC sierra sle ext. cab and when you open the driver door you cannot see the amp of the rest of the upgrade. I've got the amp controls pointed backward so any sound adjustments made are simply done by pulling lever to move seat up and the control side of the amp is now exposed. Other details about this specific install are in another review by me on the Bazooka tube (BT8014).
Pros: Smaller size yet plenty of power for a nice aftermarket upgrade. Keep the hidden/factory look but aftermarket quality sound.
Cons: None so far
2011 gmc crew cab
my dealers service dept. (reliable Cadillac) gave the wiring diagram for my factory gmc bose system i removed the factory amp the nav deck has low level out puts i spliced rca connectors into them and removed the bose amp i installed a lighting audio 4100 mini and wired it 2 the front bose and the rear doors and factort center sub then installed a lighting audio 1000 mdmini to a fosgate punch 12" sub under the rear seat . the system sound incredible. and I've had no trouble. i listen to everything from nwa to hank williams
Pros: simple , no thrills and preforms great
What's in the box?
- 4-Channel amplifier
- 4mm Allen wrench
- 2mm Allen wrench
- Four 1/2" Self-tapping screws
- Instructions (English/ German/ French/ Spanish/ Italian)
Features and Specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
50 x 4
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||200 x 4|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||75 x 4|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||150 x 2|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||20-20k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||95 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||20-250 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-250 Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|Bass Boost Frequency||N/A|
|Speaker Level Inputs||No|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Gain: The front and rear amps have independent rotary gain controls adjustable from 150mV to 4V.
- Front: high-pass; crossover point variable from 20 to 250 Hz, 12 dB/octave slope
- Rear: switchable between low-pass, full range, and high-pass; crossover point variable from 50 to 250 Hz, 12 dB/octave slope
- Battery: set screw terminal; accepts
up to 4 gauge wire
- Fuse: an external 60-amp fuse (not included) must be installed on the power wire; if a wiring kit is used which includes a fuse with a value other than 60-amps, the original should be replaced with a 60-amp fuse
- Remote: set screw terminal; accepts up to 10 gauge wire
- GND (ground): set screw terminal; accepts up to 4 gauge wire
- Speaker Output: four pair of set screw terminals; accept up to 10 gauge wire
- Line Inputs: 2 pair of stereo RCA jacks
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
1 question already asked
I forwarded your question to an Advisor and they responded with the following: This information is subject to change, but our current information shows China as the country of origin. If you would like to discuss further you can contact an Advisor directly by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. [ Krissy Jul 07, 2014 ] Staff