Lightning Audio LA-2300BT
Item #: 495LA2300B
This item is no longer available.
Original Price: $129.99
Lightning Audio's LA-2300BT CD receiver lets you tap into a world of music. Its built-in Bluetooth® lets you stream music from your smartphone or other device, whether it's your own stored tunes or your favorite streaming music app. Of course, you can also talk hands-free when a call comes in,and you'll hear your caller loud and clear through your car's speakers.
CD, USB, SD, and AUX
Press a button and the face flips down to reveal the CD slot, ready for your favorite discs, including those loaded with MP3 or WMA music files. And you'll also find a front panel USB port for plugging in a thumb drive full of music, a mini-jack plug for most other audio sources, and an SD card slot too. The 3-band equalizer is helpful when you're trying to make quick adjustments from one artist to the next.
A sharp design
The six preset buttons on the driver's side of the control panel make it easy to tune in your favorite radio stations, and the big volume knob really comes in handy when you're trying to keep your eyes on the road. Lightning Audio also includes a wireless remote so your passengers can entertain themselves. If you plan on building a sound system, this receiver offers a full set of preamp outputs for connecting outboard amps. You can detach the front panel and take it with you when you park — a nice feature if you're leaving your car for extended periods.
- CD receiver with AM/FM tuner
- built-in amplifier (22 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
- plays CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RW discs including discs loaded with MP3 and WMA music files
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calls and music streaming
- detachable face with single-line display and blue button illumination
- remote control
- 3-band equalizer with 4 presets curves (1 user-adjustable curve)
- inputs: front-panel auxiliary and USB inputs (no iPod control)
- outputs: 6-channel preamp outputs (front, rear, and subwoofer)
Other features and specs:
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Why replace your factory radio?
Two good reasons - sound quality and cool features. A new car stereo offers power that's superior to most factory radios, along with more sophisticated tone controls. And most car stereos offer built-in or optional features that add safety and fun to life in your car, including inputs for your iPod or MP3 player, Bluetooth connectivity for hands-free cell phone calls, satellite radio or HD Radio reception, and connections for building an audio system in your car.
Lightning Audio LA-2300BT Reviews
Average Customer Review:
LA-2300BT a Great radio
2009 Smart fortwo
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Ease of Use
I didn't want to buy amps and subs. Buzz said this is what I wanted. Has GREAT sound and is simple to use.
Pros: All in one sound package with great sound.
Cons: The instruction booklet is hard to read.
What's in the box?
- CD receiver (10A fuse installed)
- Detachable face (attached)
- Trim ring (installed)
- Sleeve (installed)
- Power harness
- Speaker harness
- Remote control
- CR2025 3V battery
- 2 ISO-screws
- 2 Removal keys
- Mounting backstrap
- Mounting screw
- Flat washer
- Lock washer
- Cloth carrying pouch
- Owner's Manual
Features and Specs
|RMS Power Output||22 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Key Button Color||Blue|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||No|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Memory Card Slot||USB, SD/SDHC|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|FM Sensitivity||40 dBf|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
CD Player: The Lightning Audio LA2300BT features a single disc player that will playback CD-Audio and finalized CD-R/CD-RW audio discs. CD-R/CD-RW discs may contain MP3 and WMA music files. The LA-2300BTs CD slot is hidden behind the receiver's fold-down face plate.
Front-Panel USB Port: The LA-2300BT CD receiver features a front-panel USB (type-A) port for connection of USB mass-storage class device; such as your Android smartphone, portable digital audio player, or USB thumbdrive. The USB port enables audio playback and control of MP3/WMA audio files (formatted in FAT 8/16/32) stored on a portable USB mass-storage class device. The head unit's USB connection provides 500mA of current to power and charge your connected USB mass storage class device when your vehicle's ignition switch is set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position.
Note: You cannot connect a USB device via a USB hub or Multi-Card Reader to this unit. The front-panel USB port does not support Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad.
Front-Panel SD-Card Slot: The LA-2300BT CD receiver is equipped with a front-panel SD-card slot which is hidden behind the unit's fold-down face plate. The receiver's SD-card slot supports playback of MP3/WMA music (formatted in FAT 8/16/32) files loaded onto a SD/SDHC memory card (up to 32GB).
Information Display: The LA-2300BT will display your MP3/WMA's music file information (ID-3/WMA-tags); such as Track number, Elapsed playing time, Artist name, Song title, and Album label.
Search Modes: The Lightning Audio LA-2300BT CD receiver offers Track Search, Character Search, and Directory Search modes to help you locate music files on your USB device or SD/SDHC card.
- Track Search: You can enter the track number ("000") of a MP3/WMA music file contained on a CD-R/RW, USB device, or SD/SDHC memory card for direct access.
- Character Search: You can search for your MP3/WMA music tracks alphabetically (A-Z) or numerically (0-9) by entering in a single character.
- Directory Search: Directory Search displays a list of MP3/WMA folders and tracks on a CD-R/RW, USB memory device, or SD/SDHC memory card so you can scroll through your music.
Playback Modes: In addition to Normal playback, you can select from Repeat and Random playback modes.
- Repeat: Track Repeat (plays the current track repeatedly), Folder Repeat (plays all tracks of the current folder repeatedly), Off (cancels repeat function)
- Random: All Random (plays all tracks at random), Off (cancels random function)
Front-Panel Aux Input: A front-panel stereo minijack is provided to allow the connection of almost any portable audio source with a 3.5mm headphone output. Simply connect your portable digital music player to the unit's front-panel auxiliary input, and you can listen to the audio from the portable player through the speakers in your mobile audio system.
Built-in Bluetooth: Bluetooth hands-free communication is built into the Lightning Audio LA-2300BT, making it easy to integrate a Bluetooth enabled cellular phone (up to 10). Bluetooth is a two-way wireless communication system allowing you to make and receive cell phone calls or stream digital audio from your Bluetooth enabled phone on the LA-2300BT CD receiver
- Hands-free Communication: The built-in Bluetooth hands-free feature allows you to talk on your cell phone through the LA-2300BT without the need of holding the phone in your hand, which helps avoid any traffic violations by keeping you focused on the road. During an incoming call, "CALLING" will appear on the unit's display and a ring tone will be heard through your car speakers. You can answer a call from the receiver's front-panel controls or the included remote control. You can dial a number from the numeric keypad (0-9) on the included remote control. To redial a number press the Send button on the remote control twice. The caller will be heard through your car speakers, while you talk into the receiver's integrated front-panel mic.
- Audio Streaming: The built-in Bluetooth audio streaming feature allows you to stream digital audio from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone to the LA-2300BT and control basic playback of the audio through the receiver. You can listen to stored music and music apps on your mobile phone through CD receiver. The LA-2300BT will also control basic playback functions of your Bluetooth device's stored music; such as Play/Pause & Skip Next/Previous. No song/artist information will be displayed.
Note: Your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone or digital audio player must be paired with LA-2300BT before hands-free & wireless operation. Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some mobile devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the LA-2300BT.
RadioView App: Another way to control the CD receiver, instead of using its front-panel controls or the included remote, is by using your Android smartphone. You will need to download the free "RadioView" app from Google Play onto your Android mobile device (2.0+). You'll be able to switch sources and control playback functions from your compatible Android smartphone.
IR Remote: The LA-2300BT comes with an IR remote control for wireless operation of the CD receiver.
22W x 4CH Amplifier: The Lightning Audio LA-2300BT CD receiver employs a 22W x 4Ch RMS amplifier (50W x 4Ch Peak).
5CH/2V RCA Outputs: The Lightning Audio LA-2300BT is equipped with a pair of 2V front- and rear-channel RCA outputs, as well as a single 2V mono-sub RCA output for connection of external amplifiers.
3-Band EQ w/ 4 Presets: The LA-2300BT offers 4 preset EQ modes (Flat/Classic/Rock/Pop), plus a User EQ mode. The User EQ mode lets you manually adjust the receiver's 3-band equalizer (bass/mid/treble).
Programmable Turn-On Volume: You can set the head unit to turn-on to the last volume level adjustment when turned off, or turn-on to a pre-defined volume level (0-30) every time you power up the radio.
Loudness: This function enhances low and high frequencies to make the sound clearer lower volumes.
Key Beep: The in-dash head unit provides an audible beep to confirm button operation. This function can be turned On or Off.
AM/FM Tuner: The Lightning Audio LA-2300BT features a built-in AM/FM tuner with manual, seek, and preset tuning.
18 FM/12 AM Presets: You can store a total of 18 FM stations presets and 12 AM station presets, manually or automatically.
RDS: The Radio Data System (RDS) feature displays radio broadcast information such as artist, title, and album when listening to compatible AM/FM stations.
Local Seek Mode: The unit's tuner also is equipped with a Seek mode that when used with the Local function, only allows radio stations with a strong local radio signals to be played.
Mono Mode: If an analog FM stereo broadcast is hard to receive, you can manually switch the tuner to Mono operation.
US/European Tuning: You can set the built-in AM/FM tuner between US standard and European tuning spacing.
Detachable Face: The Lightning Audio LA-2300BT features a manual fold-down, detachable face-plate to deter theft (a soft cloth pouch is included). An optional soft face case (142DFC1X, sold separately) can also be purchased for this unit. You will need to manually fold down the receiver's face-plate when you are inserting or ejecting a CD or SD/SDHC memory card.
Single-Line LCD: The CD receiver uses a single-line LCD with white text and black background.
12/24 Hour Clock: You can set the unit to display a 12 or 24 hour clock.