CD Receiver with Ai-NET CD Changer Controls
Item #: 500CDA7892
This item is no longer available.
Original Price: $279.99
The secret to the CDA-7892's outstanding sound is simple: Alpine's Media Xpander. This amazing feature can re-energize all your music CDs, radio, external sources with the press of a button.
The Media Xpander will also enhance the crystal-clear sound of XM Satellite Radio add an Alpine XM tuner and antenna and subscribe to XM's over 100 channels of digital music and entertainment for only $9.99 a month.
Alpine's got your AM/FM radio needs covered with their super-sensitive MaxTune SQ tuner. 18 presets give you plenty of storage for your favorite stations.
Bass Engine® Plus is beefed up with 4-channel digital time correction, so you can fine-tune the stereo imaging with pinpoint accuracy. A 3-position, 12 dB/octave crossover is also included. It lets you split the lows from the mids and highs when you connect Alpine component amps and subwoofers to the front, rear, and subwoofer preamp outputs.
A wireless remote is supplied for convenience.Details:
- motorized, detachable face
- MaxTune SQ tuner
- Bass Engine Plus (bass center frequency, width, and level, plus treble center frequency and level adjustments, as well as 4-channel digital time alignment and a 3-position, 12dB/octave crossover)
- Media Xpander
- plays audio CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RWs
- CD changer controls for Alpine Ai-NET changers only add an Alpine changer to your receiver order, and save $$ with Crutchfield's package discount
- XM Satellite Radio controls (tuner, antenna, and subscription required)
- optional auxiliary input
- front, rear, and subwoofer preamp outputs
- wireless remote
- 20 watts RMS/50 watts peak x 4 channels
- CD frequency response 5-20,000 Hz
- CD signal-to-noise ratio 105 dB
- FM sensitivity 9.3 dBf
- 1-year warranty
Why replace your factory radio?
Two good reasons - sound quality and cool features. A new car stereo offers power that's superior to most factory radios, along with more sophisticated tone controls. And most car stereos offer built-in or optional features that add safety and fun to life in your car, including inputs for your iPod or MP3 player, Bluetooth connectivity for hands-free cell phone calls, satellite radio or HD Radio reception, and connections for building an audio system in your car.
Alpine CDA-7892 Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Ok first off the picture up their makes it look kinda cheezy, own 5 alpine head units(own 5 vehicles)an this is one,sweet head unit overall alpines the best had it hooked up wit a rockford t1000-1bd an two 06 4ohm kicker cvr 15's at 1ohm slammed pretty good had my windows flex n in a cavalier with back seat down,cd player was great but over time with use the face when it flips the gears get worn out n start strip n also it began to skip when my bass hit but ive had it so long an used the heck out of it an so yeah i eventually jus went an bought another alpine
What's in the box?
- AM/FM/CD/Changer controller receiver
- Hard face case
- Trim ring
- Wiring harness with in-line noise filter and fuse/fuse holder
- RUE-4187 Wireless remote
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- 4 ISO-mount screws
- 1 Face security screw (not for use with this unit)
- Owner's Manual (English/French/Spanish)
- Customer Care Registration card
Features and Specs
|RMS Power Output||20 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||N/A|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||---|
|Preamp Voltage||4 volts|
|Key Button Color||Green|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||---|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Memory Card Slot||NA|
|Satellite Radio Ready||XM|
|FM Sensitivity||9.3 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
Motorized Detachable Faceplate: The detachable faceplate is motorized for convenient access to the CD slot.
Selectable Faceplate Angle: In addition to the standard faceplate position, there are three preset faceplate angles for you to choose from.
Audio Level Display: You may choose from one audio signal level display pattern, or the audio signal level display may be turned off.
Bass Engine Plus: Bass Engine functions provide control over your system, so you can tailor the sound to your personal tastes. Bass Engine Plus includes the following functions:
- 4-Channel Digital Time Correction: The time correction feature allows you to create virtual speaker positions by delaying the signals being sent to the speakers closest to you. When the correct delay times have been entered for the front right, front left, rear right and rear left speakers, all sounds reach your ears at the same time, providing optimized imaging and frequency response.
- 3-Position 12dB/Octave Crossover: An 80Hz/120Hz/160Hz low pass filter is available for the subwoofer outputs, and an 80Hz/120Hz/160Hz high pass filter is available for the front right, front left, rear right and rear left speaker and preamp outputs. Either, or both, filters may be turned off.
- MX (MediaXpander): The MediaXpander function makes vocals or instruments sound distinct by restoring sound quality typically lost during recording or transmission; this function helps restore audio information that becomes obscured when audio is compressed. The MX function can be applied to all sources, except AM radio. There are three expansion modes for each internal source (CD, FM), and each source can have its own setting. There are only one or two expansion modes available for external sources.
- Bass Center Frequency Control: To tailor bass response to your preference, you may select the bass control's center frequency. You may select from the following center frequencies: 60Hz, 70Hz, 80Hz, 90Hz, 100Hz, 130Hz, 150Hz, or 180Hz.
- Bass Width Control: You may choose from four band width (Q-Factor) settings for the bass control; the bass control can be set to affect a wide or narrow band of frequencies.
- Treble Center Frequency Control: To tailor treble response to your preference, you may select the treble control's center frequency. You may select from the following center frequencies: 10kHz, 12.5kHz, 15kHz, or 17.5kHz.
- Subwoofer Level Control: The level of the subwoofer preamp outputs can be adjusted to balance the output of your subwoofer with that of your other speakers.
- Subwoofer Phase Selector: The phase of the subwoofer outputs may be set to normal (0 degrees) or reverse (180 degrees); this function allows you to minimize phase cancellation of bass frequencies, for stronger bass response.
Disc and Station Titling: Titles of up to 8 characters in length may be entered for up to 24 radio stations and 18 CDs.
Wireless Remote: A wireless remote is included for convenient control of the head unit's most used functions (source selection, volume, disc transport functions, station seek and preset tuning, display angle selection).
XM Radio Ready: An optional XM Satellite Radio tuner may be connected to, and controlled by, this unit. The optional tuner, along with an antenna and subscription, will allow you to receive XM Satellite Radio. XM Satellite Radio programming features up to 100 channels of digital-quality music, news, talk, sports, entertainment, and children's programming.
4V Subwoofer Preamp Outputs: In addition to the 2V front and rear preamp outputs, this unit has a set of 4V subwoofer preamp outputs.
Auxiliary Input Ready: With the addition of the optional KCA-121B Ai-NET/RCA interface cable, the KCA-801B auxiliary input adapter, or the KCA-410C Versatile-Link Terminal, the audio from an auxiliary source can be played through this unit. When the KCA-121B interface cable is used, a CD changer cannot be connected to the head unit; the KCA-801B auxiliary input adapter allows you to connect an auxiliary source and an Ai-NET changer to the head unit. The KCA-410C Versatile-Link Terminal allows you to feed audio from up to two auxiliary sources and two Ai-NET CD changers to the head unit.
Compatibility: This unit is compatible with 6 and 12-disc Alpine Ai-NET CD changers; also, this unit can control Alpine Ai-NET CD/MP3 changers and DVD changers. Alpine M-Bus CD changers cannot be controlled by this unit.
Multiple Changer Control: With the addition of an optional adapter, more than one CD changer can be controlled. One KCA-400C adapter will allow you to connect up to 4 CD changers, and two KCA-400C adapters will allow you to connect up to a total of 6 CD changers. The KCA-410C Versatile-Link Terminal can be used to connect up to two CD changers and two auxiliary audio sources.
Text Display: When connected to a text capable changer, this unit can display text data from CD Text encoded CDs and MP3 CDs.
Disc Titling: When connected to a CD changer with disc title memory, CD titles may be entered and displayed for discs played in the changer. The title length and title capacity varies depending on the model of CD changer used; titles cannot be input for MP3 discs.
Clock Operation: This unit allows you to choose "keyed" or "unit on" clock operation. When the clock has been given display priority and the unit is turned off, the clock will be displayed whenever the ignition key is in the "on" or "accessory" position. If the clock is not given display priority, the clock is not displayed when the unit is off.