Item #: 500CDE7870
This item is no longer available.
Original Price: $159.99
Alpine Electronics delivers Mobile Multimedia excellence! Even the entry-level CDE-7870 is built with the same quality, reliability, and outstanding design that you'll find in every Alpine component.
There's a built-in high-power MOSFET amp, for ear-pleasing listening that beats other internal amps hands down. The super-clean signal-to-noise ratio lets you hear more musical detail from your CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RWs. And the sensitive MaxTune tuner serves up crisp, clear radio reception.
Alpine's Bass Engine® shapes the CDE-7870's tone contour, for sound the way you want it. You can choose a low-frequency center point, tighten or loosen the bass response, and adjust the level of punch or boom. For even more tone control, select a treble center frequency and boost or cut the highs as well.Details:
- detachable face
- MaxTune tuner
- 18 presets
- plays audio CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RWs
- MOSFET45 built-in amp
- Bass Engine (bass center frequency, width, and level, plus treble center frequency and level adjustments)
- selectable full-range/non-fading preamp outputs
- source tone memory
- 19.5 watts RMS/45 peak x 4 channels
- CD frequency response 5-20,000 Hz
- CD signal-to-noise ratio 105 dB
- FM sensitivity 9.3 dBf
- 1-year warranty
Why replace your factory radio?
Two good reasons - sound quality and cool features. A new car stereo offers power that's superior to most factory radios, along with more sophisticated tone controls. And most car stereos offer built-in or optional features that add safety and fun to life in your car, including inputs for your iPod or MP3 player, Bluetooth connectivity for hands-free cell phone calls, satellite radio or HD Radio reception, and connections for building an audio system in your car.
Alpine CDE-7870 Reviews
What's in the box?
- AM/FM/CD receiver
- Hard face case
- Trim ring
- Wiring harness with in-line noise filter/fuse holder with an installed 15A fuse
- 4 ISO-mount screws
- Owner's Manual (English/French/Spanish)
- Customer Care Registration card
Features and Specs
|RMS Power Output||19.5 watts|
|Peak Output||45 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||N/A|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||No|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||---|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Key Button Color||Green/Amber|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||---|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Memory Card Slot||NA|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|FM Sensitivity||9.3 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
Bass Engine: Bass Engine functions provide control over your system, so you can tailor the sound to your personal tastes. Bass Engine includes the following functions:
- Bass Center Frequency Control: To tailor bass response to your preference, you may select the bass control's center frequency. You may select from the following center frequencies: 60Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz, or 200Hz.
- Bass Width Control: You may choose from four band width (Q-Factor) settings for the bass control; the bass control can be set to affect a wide or narrow band of frequencies.
- Treble Center Frequency Control: To tailor treble response to your preference, you may select the treble control's center frequency. You may select from the following center frequencies: 10kHz, 12.5kHz, 15kHz, or 17.5kHz.
- Subwoofer Level Control: The level of the subwoofer preamp outputs can be adjusted to balance the output of your subwoofer with that of your other speakers.
Clock Operation: This unit allows you to choose "keyed" or "unit on" clock operation. When the clock has been given display priority and the unit is turned off, the clock will be displayed whenever the ignition key is in the "on" or "accessory" position. If the clock is not given display priority, the clock is not displayed when the unit is off.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.