CD receiver with CD changer controls
Item #: 500CDM9821
This item is no longer available.
Original Price: $139.99
Rock your ride with four channels of built-in MOSFET high power from Alpine's CDM-9821 CD receiver! The Bass Engine® feature lets you choose which bass and treble frequencies get adjusted (and how wide or narrow the bass adjustment is), so you get a more effective match to your vehicle's acoustics.
CD-R and CD-RW discs are no problem for this classy deck it plays your mixes flawlessly. The sensitive MaxTune radio tuner pulls in your favorite AM and FM stations like a champ. Add an Alpine 6-disc CD changer, and your road trips will fly by. You can add extra bass to your car by connecting an amplifier/subwoofer combo to the CDM-9821's preamp outputs.
- detachable face
- MaxTune tuner
- 12 FM/6 AM presets
- plays audio CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RWs
- Bass Engine (bass center frequency, width, and level, plus treble center frequency and level adjustments)
- CD changer controls for the CHM-S630 6-disc changer (will control the CHA-S634 6-disc changer with optional M-Bus/Ai-Net cable)
- optional auxiliary input
- source tone memory
- preamp outputs
- MOSFET internal amp
- 16 watts RMS/45 peak x 4 channels (CEA-2006 Compliant)
- CD frequency response 5-20,000 Hz
- CD signal-to-noise ratio 105 dB
- FM sensitivity 9.3 dBf
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Why replace your factory radio?
Two good reasons - sound quality and cool features. A new car stereo offers power that's superior to most factory radios, along with more sophisticated tone controls. And most car stereos offer built-in or optional features that add safety and fun to life in your car, including inputs for your iPod or MP3 player, Bluetooth connectivity for hands-free cell phone calls, satellite radio or HD Radio reception, and connections for building an audio system in your car.
Alpine CDM-9821 Reviews
Average Customer Review:
I have found this reciever very nice!It is great if you listen to any kind of music. I mostly listen to rock,metal,hardcore,etc. and it is really great reciever.It fits well and sounds excellent with my 4 4x6 speakers plus my 10"subwoofers that is run on a Rockford amp that powers 900 watts.Excellent choice if you are just starting out in putting an after market stereo in your veichle that is somewhat around your price rang.I have had this reciever over a year and it is a great reciever. There is one problem I do have with it whenever I put a new CD in and have it in there for a long period of time of playing it wont come out but that is easily over comed.
What's in the box?
- AM/FM/CD/Changer controller receiver
- Hard plastic face case
- Trim ring
- Wiring harness with in-line fuse/fuse holder
- 4 ISO-mount screws
- Owner's Manual (English/French/Spanish)
- Customer Care Registration card
Features and Specs
|RMS Power Output||16 watts|
|Peak Output||45 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||N/A|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||No|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||---|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Key Button Color||Green/Amber|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||---|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Memory Card Slot||No|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|FM Sensitivity||9.3 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
Bass Engine: Bass Engine functions provide control over your system, so you can tailor the sound to your personal tastes. Bass Engine includes the following functions:
- Bass Center Frequency Control: To tailor bass response to your preference, you may select the bass control's center frequency. You may select from the following center frequencies: 60Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz, or 200Hz.
- Bass Width Control: You may choose from four band width (Q-Factor) settings for the bass control; the bass control can be set to affect a wide or narrow band of frequencies.
- Bass Type: You may choose from the following Bass Type settings: Type 1, Type 2, or Type 3. Type 1 will sound best if you have a subwoofer in your system. Use Type 2 or Type 3 if you are using small diameter speakers.
- Treble Center Frequency Control: To tailor treble response to your preference, you may select the treble control's center frequency. You may select from the following center frequencies: 10kHz, 12.5kHz, 15kHz, or 17.5kHz.
- Subwoofer Level Control: The level of the subwoofer preamp outputs can be adjusted to balance the output of your subwoofer with that of your other speakers.
Rear/Subwoofer Preouts: This unit has one set of rear/subwoofer outputs. When set to "subwoofer", the level of the outputs can be adjusted.
Auxiliary Input Ready: With the addition of the optional KCM-122B M-Bus/RCA interface cable, the audio from an auxiliary source can be played through this unit. When the KCM-122B interface cable is used, a CD changer cannot be connected to the head unit.
Compatibility: This unit is compatible with 6-disc Alpine M-Bus CD changers. Using the optional M-Bus/Ai-NET compatible cable (KCA-130B), this unit can control the CHA-S634 Ai-NET 6-disc CD changer.
Clock Operation: This unit allows you to choose "keyed" or "unit on" clock operation. When the clock has been given display priority and the unit is turned off, the clock will be displayed whenever the ignition key is in the "on" or "accessory" position. If the clock is not given display priority, the clock is not displayed when the unit is off.