In-dash DVD player with 6.5" video screen
Item #: 500IVAD100
This item is no longer available.
Original Price: $849.99
If you're in the market for a centerpiece for your mobile video system, Alpine's IVA-D100 DVD player really fits the bill. Its 6.5" video screen features the acclaimed PulseTouch controls your fingers touch the flat screen, but it feels like you're touching actual buttons and sliders. You get the convenience of touchscreen controls without having to take your eyes off the road.
Entertainment variety, great sound
The IVA-D100 handles an impressive array of music and video formats. It plays your standard and home-burned CDs and DVDs (you can watch movies only when parked), plus audiophiles can enjoy the amazing sound offered by DVD-Audio discs. You can also play MP3 files you've burned onto DVD up to 100 hours' worth of music fits on a single disc. Alpine's QuickSearch feature makes finding the songs you want to hear easy and quick.
All your music will sound fantastic, thanks to premium digital-to-analog converters that create an impressively rich soundscape. You'll also find sound controls that allow you to adjust the music to fit your taste, and you can create custom sound settings at Alpine's website, then save them to disc so you can reset them whenever you need to.
Planning to expand your system? Connect a satellite radio or an HD Radio tuner to experience radio at its finest. If you've got an iPod®, the optional Alpine Full Speed iPod adapter cable connects it to IVA-D100, controlling just about every playback function and recharging the iPod's battery on the go. Connect an Alpine navigation system for accurate turn-by-turn guidance on the road, and hook up a rear-view camera for a clear view of what's behind when you back up.
Have a cell phone with Bluetooth® capability? With Alpine's optional Bluetooth adapter (coming soon), you can place and receive calls without touching your phone. Caller ID info shows up on screen, and you'll hear the other person's voice come through your car speakers.
To inject more power into your system, add amps to the three sets of preamp outputs. And if you'd like to enjoy real movie-theater sound in your vehicle, add in Alpine's optional surround-sound processor, plus an amplified center channel and subwoofer. The processor decodes the surround soundtracks from your DVDs, and sends all the information to the right speakers.
- DVD/CD receiver with built-in amplifier (18 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels; CEA-2006 compliant)
- motorized, retractable 6.5" LCD monitor with PulseTouch controls
- detachable control panel
- plays DVDs, DVD-Audio discs, DVD-Rs/RWs, CDs, CD-Rs/RWs, and MP3/WMA files on CD and DVD
- QuickSearch lets you find MP3 files on DVD quickly
- direct-touch DVD menu control
- Bass Engine
- iPersonalize lets you create and download custom Bass Engine settings at Alpine's website, then upload them into the system
- two 24-bit digital-to-analog converters for full, detailed sound
- compatible with Alpine CD changer, TV tuner, HD Radio tuner, Bluetooth adapter, Full Speed iPod interface adapter, navigation module
- controls XM or SIRIUS Satellite Radio (you can add satellite radio for under $100, plus subscription)
- audio/video input
- rear-view camera input
- navigation input
- video output
- front, rear, and subwoofer preamp outputs
- optical digital output for optional surround-sound processor
- MaxTune SQ AM/FM tuner
- 12 FM/6 AM presets
- wireless remote
- DVD/CD frequency response: 5-20,000 Hz
- DVD/CD signal-to-noise ratio: 105 dB
- FM sensitivity: 9.3 dBf
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- designed for use with "Region 1" coded DVDs
Video receivers: They're not just for movies
Video receivers add a new level of entertainment to your vehicle. You can watch a movie on the screen when you're parked on a Saturday night, or play a DVD or downloaded video through your rear seat video setup on the road. Touchscreen receivers allow you to breeze through menus with the tip of your finger. Most video receivers feature a USB input for iPod audio, and the ability to add an adapter that allows video to display on the screen.
Alpine IVA-D100 Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Works really good when it's not in for service. I've had this unit in for service twice now in under 8 months the first time the screen wouldn't slide out the 2nd time, the unit just wouldn't turn on at all. It may be that i just had a defective unit from the start. Also everything is really cramped inside the mount, and there is no screen when the LCD is closed so, you have to use the remote.
ONLY THE BEST
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Awesome unit till someone stole it. best tip i can give is be creative and strap it in. Sure wish i had!
Technology at its Finest!!!
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
I recently bought this product, and once it was installed....my system was complete!!! With all of the setup features, along with the crystal clear picture; it really is a thing of beauty!
BRILLIANT, CLEAR, SOOTHING YET EXPLOSIVE SOUND!
I Had an Alpine CD head unit before and the sound was teriffic, then i tried AVICN2 for Multimedia expansion and i regreted it since, so i bought this IVA-D100 and I'm happy again, glad they had blue tooth, xm, plus i-pod adopter, navi+back up cam. And yes it can be done all together according to Crutchfield, and TVtuner too. One more thing, the display clarity is excellent than Jensen. Two things that i'm wondering why is that secondary display is not available so i can't see what's playing when monitor is closed, and no steering wheel attached remote control made for this unit, It could have been perfect! Otherwise the sound Is Awesome that i think on my own opinion no other sound system can yet surpass its BRILLIANT SOUND QUALITY!
Installed in my MINI Cooper with very little problems and the bad thing about MINIs is they do not have much room to work with.
The IVA-D100 is a great unit for several reasons.
1) All in one unit(except small amp)
2) Plenty of flexability (camera,sat,ipod)
3) Sounds awesome whether source is a DVD-V, DVD-A, Ipod or Sat.
The only reason I am not giving this unit the best rating is (as per Alpine & Directed) you can not have a XM or Sirius receiver and have the Alpine BT-100 bluetooth unit. :( Found this out after installing BT-100.
What's in the box?
- Mobile Multimedia Station with 6.5" wide LCD monitor (in-dash unit)
- Front panel (installed)
- Trim ring
- Power supply unit (DC/DC converter)
- Amplifier (18 watts x 4)
- Wireless remote control (RUE-4203)
- CR2025 lithium battery
- Vinyl case for the detachable front panel
- 6.5' Wiring harness (power/speakers) with in-line 15 Amp fuse/fuse holder
- 6.5' Wiring harness (remote/brake/reverse detection) with in-line 7.5 Amp fuse/fuse holder
- Two 6.75' Stereo audio RCA patch cords
- 2 Sleeve mounting brackets
- 8 Flush-head screws (M4 x 3mm)
- 4 Hex/Phillips-head screws each with flat washers (M4 x 6mm)
- 4 Phillips/pan-head screws (M4 x 8mm)
- 2 Phillips/flange head self-tapping screws (M4 x 14mm)
- 4 Hex/Phillips/flange-head self-tapping screws (M4 x 15mm)
- Two-piece Velcro strip (2" x 1/2")
- Self-adhesive rubber strip
- Owner's Manual (English/French/Spanish)
- Customer Care Registration card
Features and Specs
|RMS Power Output||18 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Key Button Color||Blue/Green|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||---|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Memory Card Slot||No|
|Satellite Radio Ready||Both|
|FM Sensitivity||9.3 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
Mobile Multimedia Station: Alpine's line of Ai-NET Mobile Multimedia Stations allow you to connect and control a wide range of in-car audio and visual systems, such as DVD/CD/MP3 changers, rear seat monitors, and navigation systems, from an in-dash control center and separate amplifier unit.
Motorized, 6.5" Wide Touchscreen Monitor: The IVA-D100 has a motorized 6.5" wide, touchscreen monitor (with 16:9 aspect ratio) that serves as a video monitor and system information display.
External Amplifier: The system uses an external amplifier to drive the front and rear speakers. The 4-channel, 18 watts-per-channel amplifier has 4 RCA input jacks, and 16-pin wiring harness for the power inputs and speaker outputs.
PulseTouch: The unit's touchscreen features "PulseTouch," which provides tactile feedback, along with audible and visual confirmation, to the user to confirm the input of commands. It uses different vibrations and pressures that simulate what it feels like when you tap a real button, hold a button down, move a slider or touch where no screen commands exist.
Automatic Monitor Opening/Closing: When the Automatic Opening/Closing mode is set to "Full," the monitor automatically opens when the ignition key is turned to the "Acc" or "On" position. When the mode is set to "Manual", the monitor must be opened and closed using the Open/Close button. When the mode is set to "Close", the monitor automatically closes when the ignition key is turned off.
Monitor Angle/Slide Adjustment: You can adjust the monitor's angle and slide position for better visibility. The screen angle can be adjusted between 40 and 105 degrees (10 positions). The monitor's position can set to the normal position or slid forward approximately 1/2" ("front position") to clear possible dash obstructions.
Flat Angle Setting: When you want to operate some vehicle controls (air conditioner, etc.) that are hidden behind the raised monitor, you can temporarily position the monitor at a flat angle by pressing the "Open/Flat" button on the front panel. After 10 seconds in the flat position, the monitor moves back to its original angle.
Video Lock-out Feature: For safety and legal reasons, the IVA-D100 features a video lock-out feature to prevent the viewing of a video source while the vehicle is in motion. To watch a video source, the vehicle must be parked with the ignition in the ACC or ON position. The vehicle's parking brake must be engaged, disengaged, and engaged again while the foot brake is held in.
Illumination Control: You can select one of the following dimmer settings:
- Auto: adjusts the brightness of the background illumination of the monitor depending on the ambient light in your vehicle
- On: keeps the background illumination of the monitor dark
- Off: keeps the background illumination of the monitor bright
Background Screen: You have a choice of 5 different background textures. These backgrounds are visible when a CD, MP3/WMA, or the tuner is selected. When "Auto Background" is activated, the background texture will change each time the ignition key is turned off and turned on again.
Display Modes: You can select one of the following display modes:
- Mode 1 (Wide): evenly stretches a 4:3 picture horizontally to fit the wide screen monitor
- Mode 2 (Cinema): displays a 4:3 picture by stretching out the picture horizontally and vertically. This mode is good for displaying a cinema-type picture with a 16:9 ratio.
- Mode 3 (Normal): displays a 4:3 picture at the center of the screen with a vertical black band at each side
Blackout Display Mode: When the Blackout mode is activated, the display turns off to reduce power consumption. The additional power made available by turning off the display helps enhance sound quality.
MP3/WMA Playback: This unit can play CD-ROM, CD-R, and CD-RW discs containing MP3 and WMA files recorded using the ISO 9660 Level 1 or Level 2 formats; constant and variable bit rates from 32 kbps to 320 kbps are supported for MP3 and WMA. Discs recorded using Joliet, Romeo, or other ISO 9660 compliant formats can be played, but file and folder names may not be displayed correctly. ID3 tag v1 and WMA tags are supported; track title, artist name and album name ID3 tag data can be displayed.
Satellite Radio Ready: An optional XM or Sirius Satellite Radio tuner may be controlled by this unit when connected via the Ai-NET bus. For XM Satellite Radio, you can connect the Terk XMDirect Satellite Radio package (item # 700XMALPIN). For Sirius Satellite Radio, you can choose the SIR-ALP1 (607SIRALP1) for satellite radio programming, or the SIR-ALP10T (607SIRALPN) for satellite radio and NavTraffic. A subscription to XM or Sirius is required to receive programming. A separate subscription is required in order to receive traffic updates.
HD Radio Ready: The optional Alpine HD Radio Receiver (item # 500TUAT550) delivers FM radio with CD-like audio quality and AM with FM-like quality. Song, artist, and album titles are viewable on the display.
Auxiliary Input Ready: With the addition of the optional KCA-121B Ai-NET/RCA interface cable, the KCA-801B auxiliary input adapter, or the KCA-410C Versatile-Link Terminal, the audio from an auxiliary source can be played through this unit. When the KCA-121B interface cable is used, a CD changer cannot be connected to the head unit; the KCA-801B auxiliary input adapter allows you to connect an auxiliary source and an Ai-NET changer to the head unit. The KCA-410C Versatile-Link Terminal allows you to feed audio from up to two auxiliary sources and two Ai-NET CD changers to the head unit.
Navigation Ready: When connected to an optional Alpine Navigation unit (such as the NVE-N872A), the navigation screen and map data can be displayed on this unit. With the NAV.MIX feature, the voice guidance of the navigation system will be mixed with the radio or CD audio. The volume level of the voice guidance can be adjusted.
iPod Integration: An iPod can be connected to the IVA-D100 by using the proprietary Alpine KCE-422i Full Speed connection cable (item # 500KCE422i). When the iPod is connected to the unit, the controls of the iPod are non-functional, and the unit is fully controlled by the head unit. The unit can be used with Generation 3 and above iPod, iPod photo, iPod mini, or iPod nano only.
Bluetooth Ready: You can integrate your Bluetooth-enabled cellular phone with this unit when you connect the Alpine KCA-100BT Bluetooth Adapter (500KCA1BT). With the Bluetooth adapter, you can enjoy the convenience of hands-free cellular phone use, including listening and talking through your Alpine system.
Overview: The Alpine IVA-D100 features i-Personalize, which provides the user a large degree of system personalization. You can select from a variety of audio, video and display modes to suit your personal tastes.
Visual EQ Mode: allows you to select one of the following preset modes suitable for the subject image:
- Night Mode: suitable for movies in which dark scenes frequently appear
- Soft: suitable for CGs and animated films
- Sharp: suitable for old movies where images are not clearly shown
- Contrast: suitable for recent movies
- User Memory (P-1, P-2): You can change and save Brightness, Color, Tint, Contrast, and Sharpness values from any of the presets in up to two user memories
Data Download: You can download data from Alpine's website to a CD-R or CD-RW and download and store the data in the IVA-D100. You can download different visual backgrounds for the monitor.
External Audio Processor: When an optional Alpine external audio processor (such as the PXA-H700 or PXA-H701) is connected to this unit, you can operate it from the unit. Dozens of settings can be adjusted, including crossover adjustment, time correction, phase switching, EQ adjustments, surround sound adjustments, and speaker levels.
Disc Compatibility: The IVA-D100 is compatible with DVD-Video, DVD-Audio, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW, Video CDs, Audio CDs, CD-R, and CD-RW. In addition, the unit can play CD-R, CD-RW, and CD-ROM discs with MP3 and WMA files.
DVD Menu Direct Touch Control: The unique PulseTouch touchscreen allows you to activate selections on the DVD main menu by directly touching the screen on the desired selection instead of navigating choices using cursors.
Dolby Digital and DTS Compatibility: When the optical digital output (standard Toslink) on the rear of the head unit is connected to an optional Alpine digital audio processor, you can enjoy Dolby Digital and DTS surround.
Pre-stop Function: When the Pre-stop function is used, the position at which playback is stopped is stored in the memory, and playback resumes from that position.
Step/Slow Motion Playback: When a DVD or Video CD is in the pause mode, you may move forward through the program being played one step (frame) at a time, or in one of the following slow motion speeds: 1/2 or 1/8.
Fast-Forward/Fast-Reverse: While a DVD or Video CD is playing, you can view the program in double speed in either direction by touching and holding the fast-forward or fast-reverse button on the touchscreen for more than 1 second. If held for 5 or more seconds, playback at 8x speed in the selected direction will begin. If held for 10 or more seconds, playback is forwarded or reversed at 21x normal speed.
Multi-Angle Display: This function allows you to choose the viewing angle of scenes that were shot from a number of different angles. Note: This function is limited to DVDs recorded with multiple camera angles.
Multi-Audio Tracks: DVDs can have up to 8 different audio tracks. You can switch between each recorded audio tracks during playback.
Audio Adjustments: You can adjust the bass level (-7 to +10), bass center frequency (60Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz, or 120Hz), bass bandwidth or Q-factor (1.25, 1.00, 0.75, or 0.50), treble level (-7 to +7), treble center frequency (7.5kHz, 10kHz, 12.5kHz, or 15kHz), loudness (on/off), and subwoofer level (0 to 15).
Parental Lock: Parental Lock allows you to restrict the playback of DVDs that are unsuitable for younger viewers. You can select a parental lock rating from 0-8, which is protected by a 4-digit password.
Digital Output: You can select a digital output setting of Bitstream or LPCM. When set to Bitstream, the digital output is switched automatically according to the type of audio signals being played. When set to LPCM, the audio signals recorded on the disc are converted to 48kHz/16-bit (for DVDs) or 44.1kHz (for Video CDs and CDs) linear PCM audio signals for output.
Compatibility: This unit is compatible with 6 and 12-disc Alpine Ai-NET CD changers; also, this unit can control Alpine Ai-NET CD/MP3 changers and DVD changers. Alpine M-Bus CD changers cannot be controlled by this unit.
Multiple Changer Control: With the addition of an optional adapter, more than one CD changer can be controlled. You can also use the KCA-410C Versitile Link adapter to connect 2 changers and 2 auxiliary input sources.
Text Display: When connected to a text capable changer, this unit can display text data from CD Text encoded CDs and MP3 CDs.
Disc Titling: When connected to a CD changer with disc title memory, CD titles may be entered and displayed for discs played in the changer. The title length and title capacity varies depending on the model of CD changer used.
Main Unit: The following inputs and outputs are located on the back of the main (in-dash) unit:
- DC/DC Converter: A 20" cable plugs into the Molex jack on the supplied DC/DC power converter.
- iPod Full Speed: A D-shaped, 10-pin jack on a 6" pigtail is designed for exclusive use with the optional Alpine KCE-422i iPod Full Speed adapter (item # 500KCE422i).
- Optical Digital Output: A standard Toslink optical digital output on the end of a 19" cable for connecting the unit to an optional multi-channel audio processor, such as the PXA-H701 (500PXAH701). Note: No optical cables are supplied with the PXA-H701.
- Ai-NET: One Ai-NET connector on a 15" cable is provided for connecting a CD changer, DVD changer, or other Ai-Net compatible component.
- RGB Input: A 13-pin female connector on a 9" cable for use with an optional Alpine navigation unit, such as the NVE-N872A (500NVEN872).
- Wiring Harness: 10-pin female Molex connector on chassis for remote, reverse, parking brake and foot brake detection harness
- Preamp Outputs: 6-channel RCA preamp outputs for front L/R, rear L/R, and subwoofer L/R on 9", 12", and 6" cables respectively
- A/V Input: Stereo RCA and composite RCA video input (marked "Aux Input") on 8" cable for connecting an optional VCR or game console. Can also be used to connect a rear-view camera.
- Video Output: Composite RCA video output on 5" cable for connecting an optional video monitor
- Antenna: Standard Motorola female antenna jack on 6" cable
Amplifier: The following inputs and outputs are located on the side of the external amplifier unit:
- Wiring Harness: A 16-pin female Molex connector for power, remote, and speaker harness
- Preamp Input: 2 pairs of stereo RCA inputs for front and rear channels
Rear Camera Input: If a rear-view camera is connected to the A/V input, you should also connect the reverse lead (orange/white wire in the wiring harness) to the vehicle's back-up lamp circuit. When properly connected, the image from the rear-view camera appears on the monitor when the vehicle is shifted into reverse.
- Amplifier: W=4.242" (5.75" w/RCAs), H=1.573", D=5.665"
- DC/DC Converter: W=3.701", H=0.896", D=3.235"