Item #: 500IVEW555
This item is no longer available.
Original Price: $549.99
Legendary Alpine sound, updated for the 21st century
The IVE-W555BT DVD receiver continues Alpine's tradition of great-sounding car stereos. Inside, a powerful amplifier pumps out more power than you'll find in most factory radios, and you can tailor that powerful output to your liking with the innovation Alpine TuneIt® App Ver. 2.0 smartphone app. Download the app to your iPhone® or Android™ and connect to the receiver via USB or Bluetooth®. Then follow simple instructions to adjust sound settings for your vehicle with your smartphone's graphical interface, or even choose from profiles that Alpine designed for your vehicle. If you want, you can even use social media to share settings with others.
Pandora® Internet radio and Bluetooth
If you're an iPhone® user, you'll get touchscreen control of your music using the USB connection, plus Pandora® control — including thumbs up and down, song skip, and station search. You Android™ users aren't left out either — you'll enjoy Pandora control through the receiver's Bluetooth connection. You can also stream music from your phone or another device over Bluetooth. This Alpine also enables hands-free calling with your compatible phone, so you can concentrate on the road, not fumble for your phone to take a call.
The IVE-W555BT boasts extensive sound tuning features.
Enjoy App Mode, plus other music and video
Plug in your iPhone and you can also enjoy basic control of many popular audio and video apps, including a variety of streaming media, like Netflix, YouTube, and Gawker, when you're parked and your phone is connected to the network. You can enjoy other A/V sources by using the front A/V input or the rear USB port. When you're on the road, you can entertain your rear passengers with a DVD or video on your back-seat screens. You'll also find a full complement of preamp outputs if you're installing outboard amps in your vehicle.
Want to keep your steering wheel controls?
In most cars, you'll need an adapter to retain those controls with this car stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and radio, and you'll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls. You'll see the adapters that work with your vehicle when you add this receiver to your cart.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
iPod/smartphone note: If you're going to use your iPod or smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.
- DVD receiver with AM/FM tuner
- internal amp (18 watts RMS CEA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- 6.1" touchscreen
- built-in Bluetooth® for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- plays CDs, DVDs, and USB memory devices
- fits double-DIN (4" tall) dash openings
- iPhone® Pandora control through USB
- Android™ and BlackBerry® Pandora control through Bluetooth®
- App Mode for basic control of iPhone apps
- supports Siri Eyes Free mode
- compatible with Alpine TuneIt App Ver. 2.0 smartphone app
- 9-band parametric equalizer with 10 preset EQ curves
- time correction for improved stereo imaging
- high- and low-pass filters
- compatible with Alpine KTP-445A Power Pack amplifier
- inputs: rear USB input, rear A/V input, rear camera input
- outputs: rear A/V output, 6-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, subwoofer)
Video receivers: They're not just for movies
Video receivers add a new level of entertainment to your vehicle. You can watch a movie on the screen when you're parked on a Saturday night, or play a DVD or downloaded video through your rear seat video setup on the road. Touchscreen receivers allow you to breeze through menus with the tip of your finger. Most video receivers feature a USB input for iPod audio, and the ability to add an adapter that allows video to display on the screen.
Alpine IVE-W555BT Reviews
Average Customer Review:
My 350Z loves this head unit
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Ease of Use
Perfect match for a vehicle with double din opening. Works very well with Pac-Audio steering wheel interface and also plays well with Metra face plate adapter. Built-in Pandora and bluetooth integration works flawlessly 99% of the time. Not so crazy about the EQ setup navigation which could be simpler. Great sound quality. Also nice being able to match the color of the head unit background to the vehicle illumination.
Pros: Premium audio with great modern tech integration (bluetooth/ digital radio). Great sound quality. Alpine is compatible with almost every aftermarket adapter interface known to man and this unit is no exception.
2010 Nissan Maxima
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Ease of Use
This unit is the beast!!! Works great with android phones
Pros: Awsome sound and calling options
Ease of Use
Stopped buying anything but Alpine 20 years ago, this was a gift for my son. This is great looking unit and sound wonderful, no one make a better one.
Pros: Does everything well.
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Ease of Use
Great sound quality, but crashes whenever I try to use pandora app mode on my android Also noisy cooling fan I'm back of head unit. Also sometimes lags a lot when turning on.
Pros: Great sound quality
Cons: App mode caused head unit to turn off Noisy cooling fan
8 out of 10
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Ease of Use
Overall I like this head unit as far as being a head unit is concerned. It sounds GREAT and functions well. However, to get to your main settings it requires a stupid combination of brake pedal and parking brake inputs. Not all vehicles have that arrangement so you might have to buy and add relays to switch those signals just to set it up so that you can do the procedure -which for the record is hold the brake, pull the parking brake, release the parking brake, pull the parking brake, release the brake pedal. THEN you can set your clock. . .insanity.
If I had known that was required I would not have purchased this unit. Period.
Let's sit that complaint aside for now. Now that I have the unit working I really like it. Everything functions well and it looks killer in the dash. Sound quality is far better than with my previous head unit. Coupled with the Crux interface my steering wheel controls, chimes, on-star, etc work like factory. The user controls (the few you can get to without the above procedure and necessary wiring to even be able to do that procedure) are simple and intuitive, you won't find yourself reading through instructions for days to figure out how to do something.
Summary, I like it alot but wouldn't buy it again because of the lockout procedure. If you're fine with the lockout procedure you shouldn't regret this head unit
Pros: Looks great, sounds great.
Cons: You can't adjust your settings without going farther than you should have to on installation just to enable a ridiculous lockout procedure that must be done every time you turn the car on.
Not compatible with iPod Classic or old Touch
Got this head specific to play songs from my iPod Classic as directed by the Adviser, for a Toyota RAV4. With it I got the steering wheel adapter and USB adapter for factory connections.
After the installation, it was clear the 555BT wouldn't work as designed with the iPod Classic. Below the symptoms
- When first connecting the iPod to the head it started playing the first song and showing the entire library; - Controls to advance songs back and forth worked fine; - When using the search function to select a song, artist, playlist, genre, etc, the load time was extremely slow; - Once one song was selected, that will play over and over again and the back and forth arrows wouldn't have any effect. In order to change songs and the same song will continue playing; - The only way to get the entire library back was to reset the iPod. Sometimes disconnecting and reconnecting would also do the same;
- Two iPod Classic 160Gb with latest firmware installed - model MC297LL, version 2.0.4 PC - One iPod Touch 2nd Generation - model MC086LL, version 4.2.1 (8C148)
Alpine was contacted and I was told the 555BT doesn't support iPod Classic as Apple discontinued its production (Funny you can buy from Apple site as of Jul/2014).
If that's true, than my Touch isn't supported as well and the compatibility details lists both in it.
Next: Testing the USB adapter sold by Crutchfield to connect to the factory console USB as a pen drive also is not working with the head.
Pros: Sound quality
Cons: Not compatible with iPodsCrutchfield response on July 28, 2014 Our Tech Support team reached out to the customer to troubleshoot this situation. After lots of troubleshooting, nothing seemed to solve the problem, so he returned the stereo. We'll examine it when it gets back to our warehouse and if necessary, send it back to Alpine.
What's in the box?
- DVD receiver (w/ integrated 6.1" LCD)
- Sleeve (installed)
- Trim ring (installed)
- Wiring harness (15A fuse)
- Pre-amp/AV harness
- Bluetooth microphone (w/ attached 13' cable terminated by a 3.5mm connector)
- Visor clip
- 5' USB extension cable (female USB type-A port on one end and male USB type-A plug on the other)
- 2 Removal keys
- 8 Pan-head machine screws (M5x8mm)
- 6 Countersunk machine screws (M5x8mm)
- Owner's manual CD-ROM (En/Fr)
- Quick Reference Guide (En/ Fr/ Sp)
- Online Product Registration note
- CD-ROM requirements/ instructions
Features and Specs
|RMS Power Output||18 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Preamp Voltage||4 volts|
|Key Button Color||Blue|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|AUX Input||Mini (rear)|
|Memory Card Slot||USB|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|FM Sensitivity||9.3 dBf|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
6.1" Touchscreen Display: The Alpine IVE-W555BT has a 6.1" WVGA (1.15 million-pixel) touchscreen LCD monitor (with 16:9 aspect ratio) that serves as a video monitor, information display, and system controller. The IVE-W555BT's touchscreen monitor provides a more balanced picture, not over-emphasizing dark or light areas, so movies are seen with greater clarity. All of the graphics are crisp and clean for your viewing pleasure. Large, easy-to-identify icons make it simple and effortless to make your source and music selections.
Display Settings: The IVE-W555BT offers the following settings to customize the head unit's LCD touchscreen monitor.
- Screen Modes: You can select one of the following display modes; Full (displays a full screen image to fit widescreen monitor) or Normal (displays a 4:3 picture at the center of the screen with a vertical black band at each side).
- Background Colors & Wallpaper Image: You can choose from eight different background colors for the display; Blue, Light Blue, Turquoise, Green, Red, Amber, Yellow, or White. You can also choose a custom background image (400x400) from an insert USB memory device.
- Picture Adjustments: Change and save Brightness, Color, and Contrast settings for the touchscreen display monitor.
- Illumination Dimmer: You can manually adjust the brightness of the head unit's LCD backlight.
- Screen Off: You can also turn the touchscreen completely off at night, if the display is too bright when simply listening to audio and have no need for a monitor display.
Video Lock-out Feature: For safety and legal reasons, the IVE-W555BT features a video lock-out feature to prevent the driver from viewing a video source while the vehicle is in motion. To watch a video source, the vehicle must be parked with the ignition in the ACC or ON position. The vehicle's parking brake must be engaged, disengaged, and engaged again while the foot brake is held in. This also pertains to the receiver's System & Audio Setup Menus.
Clock Display: The IVE-W555BT lets you select between a 12 hour or 24 hour clock. The clock is displayed on each source screen and turns off when the head unit is powered down.
Hard-key Buttons: In addition to the touchscreen controls, the unit includes frequently used buttons along the left-edge of the screen. You can adjust the brightness of the button lighting at night from -2 to +2.
2-DIN Chassis: The Alpine IVE-W555BT has a 2-DIN chassis (also known as Double DIN), and will fit in many vehicles with a large dash opening. The unit can be ISO-mounted using factory brackets, or Euro-mounted using the supplied mounting sleeve. As always, please consult Crutchfield's Outfit My Car to verify fit with your vehicle.
Bluetooth Technology: The Alpine IVE-W555BT features built-in Bluetooth technology (v2.1+EDR). The head unit's built-in Bluetooth allows you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles:
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP 1.5 (Hands Free Profile), OPP 1.1 (Object Push Profile), PBAB 1.0 (Phone Book Access Profile).
- Audio Streaming: A2DP 1.2 (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP 1.4 (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Alpine IVE-W555BT. Parrot software updates provide support for future phones.
Secure Simple Pairing: With Secure Simple Pairing (SSP), you can easily pair a Bluetooth enabled phone to the IVE-W555BT without having to enter pin codes or go through complicated settings (your phone must also support SSP). When your paired Bluetooth device is in close proximity to the receiver, the auto connection function automatically pairs the two units. Up to 3 Bluetooth-compatible devices can be paired to this head unit, but only one device can be used at a time.
Hands-Free Communication w/ External Mic: The Alpine IVE-W555BT supports wireless hands-free communication (HFP/HSP/OPP/PBAB) for your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone. Incoming calls are announced by a caller ring tone through your vehicle's speakers (music will be muted) & a Caller ID message across your Alpine head unit's touchscreen display. The IVE-W555BT allows you to carry on a phone conversation from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone using the head unit's external microphone and your car audio speakers. During a conversation, you can initiate a transfer of audio between your mobile phone and your car's speakers.
- Receiving Calls: The Alpine IVE-W555BT provides several
ways to answer your phone calls without picking up your mobile phone.
- Manual Answer: Manually answer an incoming call by pressing the "Phone" button on your Alpine head unit.
- Automatic Answer: Set the Alpine head unit to answer the incoming call automatically; when a call is received, it is answered automatically after approximately 5 seconds.
- Call Waiting: If a second call is received during a current call, you can have the first caller wait momentarily while you take the second call. When you are finished with one call, you can switch to the other.
- Making Calls: The Alpine IVE-W555BT provides a variety
of functions for placing a phone call without using your mobile phone. The
Alpine IVE-W555BT features full phone book access, call history, voice
dialing, and redial with compatible phones.
- Voice Dialing: If you have a voice-dial capable phone, you can dial a phone contact by simply speaking the name of your contact.
- Phone Number Entry: Allows you to directly dial a phone number up to 30 digits from the head unit's touchscreen.
- Phonebook (with ABC search): Up to 1,000 entries (3 telephone numbers for each name) can be downloaded from your compatible mobile phone. You can select the first 3 call letters (ABC) to search for a desired name in your phonebook.
- Preset Dialing: You can assign phone numbers that you dial frequently to presets (1-6) for quick recall. You can assign up to six frequently called phone numbers. A total of 18 phone numbers can be stored in the preset memory (6 numbers for each mobile phone paired).
- Call History: The previously dialed, received, or missed numbers (20 each) can be retrieved and dialed from memory.
- Redial: Quickly redial the last number dialed.
Note: All Bluetooth phone functions are available with or without the parking brake engaged.
Audio Streaming (w/ Advanced Music Navigation): The Alpine IVE-W555BT can stream music from your Bluetooth A2DP/AVRCP mobile device (such as your iPhone or Android smartphone). Not only can it control & stream your music through Bluetooth, it can process your music using its built-in DSP to ensure you get the best sound. In addition to basic playback functions (Play/Pause, FF/RW, Skip, Random/Repeat), the IVE-W555BT provides a Search List of your stored music by Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, etc.. (AVRCP 1.4 phones only). The head unit will also display your stored music's song information; such as Artist name & Song/Album title. The IVE-W555BT even supports audio streaming of music apps on your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone with song/artist information and limited control (continue to use your Bluetooth enabled smartphone to control advanced music app navigation).
Note: When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call. Once the call is finished, your streaming music will resume.
Siri Eyes Free Control: When paired and connected with an iPhone 4S or 5/5C/5S via Bluetooth (not USB), the Alpine IVE-W555BT has the ability to access Siri through its front-panel/touchscreen controls and external microphone. Simply press the head unit's "VOICE CTRL" button to engage Siri and use the included microphone to communicate with Siri. Siri's voice will be heard through your vehicle's speakers. All Siri functions including hands-free calling, music search, setting reminders, text-messaging, audible navigation, and more can be done through the IVE-W555BT and its microphone. The head unit's display will only indicate hands-free calling and Bluetooth audio information (all other functions of Siri are only audible through the Alpine IVE-W555BT; visual data will still need to be viewed from your iPhone device).
Note: You can ask Siri to get directions to a destination and the turn-by-turn instructions will heard through your vehicle's speakers, while the on-screen map still displays on your iPhone 4S/5/5C/5S. The head unit's audio is attenuated while Siri provides audible directions.
Bluetooth Adjustments: You can emphasize or weaken the volume level of the phone caller, the ring tone, and the microphone input to fit your own preference. You can also select which car speaker outputs the audio from your Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone/device. You can select All, Front-Left, Front-Right, or Front-Left/Right.
Compatible Discs: The Alpine IVE-W555BT will play back DVD Video, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, CD, and CD-R/RW discs (12cm only). It will also support two-layer DVD discs. This unit can play MP3/WMA/AAC music files and DivX video files recorded onto CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW, or DVD+R/RW discs. The unit has a front-loading disc-slot to make loading your disc easier because there is no panel to slide or fold-down.
Rear-Panel USB Port: The head unit's rear-panel USB (type-A) port allows you to connect a USB Mass Storage Class (MSC) device; such as select Android smartphones (Froyo/Gingerbread OS only), portable digital audio players, or USB thumbdrives. A 5' USB extension cable is included. The USB port enables audio/video playback & control of MP3/WMA/AAC music files and DivX video files stored on your portable USB MSC device through the Alpine IVE-W555BT. USB portable audio players that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the DVD receiver's USB port (max. 1A), and the vehicle's ignition switch is set to ACC or On.
Media File Playback: The Alpine IVE-W555BT supports the following types of MP3/WMA/AAC music files and DivX video files recorded onto disc or loaded onto a USB device.
|Media Type||Disc (CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW)||USB (mass storage class device)|
|File System||ISO 9660 Level 1/2 or Joliet||FAT 12/16/32|
|Playable File Types||Audio||MP3: bit rate of
8-320kbps; sampling rate of 8-48kHz
WMA: bit rate of 64-256kbps; sampling rate of 32-48kHz
AAC: bit rate of 32-384kbps; sampling rate of 16-96kHz
|MP3: bit rate of
8-320kbps; sampling rate of 8-48kHz
WMA: bit rate of 5-384kbps; sampling rate of 8-48kHz
AAC: bit rate of 48-238kbps; sampling rate of 8-48kHz
|Video||DivX (versions 3/4/5/6): optimum resolution of 96-720 (h) x 96-576 (v)|
|Max # of Files/Folders||2,000 files/200 folders||10,000 files/folders|
|Tags||ID3 tags (v1, v2), WMA tags, AAC tags|
Playback Modes: The Alpine IVE-W555BT offers various playback modes for disc and USB playback.
- Pre-stop Function: When the Pre-stop function is used, the position at which playback is stopped is stored in the memory, and playback resumes from that position.
- Repeat: Select between three modes; File (repeats playback of current track/file/chapter), Group (repeats only files in current folder), All (repeats all tracks/files).
- Random (MIX): Select between two modes: All (all tracks/files on disc are played in random order), Group (only files in current folder are played back in random order).
- Slow Motion Playback: When a DVD is in the pause mode, you may move forward through the program being played one step (frame) at a time or in slow motion (1/16 or 1/2 speed), forward or backward. No audio is played during slow motion playback.
Search Modes: The Alpine IVE-W555BT offers various search modes for disc and USB playback.
- File/Folder Name Search: When you are playing a disc with ID3, AAC, or WMA tags, you can easily search for a track, file, or folder by its title. Once you have activated the search mode, you can use the touchscreen to quickly scan through the titles to locate the desired track. For discs without ID3, AAC, or WMA tags, searches are made using the track numbers associated with each song.
- Direct Search: Use this function to move directly to the beginning of the a chapter or track on a disc.
- Skip (Next/Previous): During playback you can skip to the next or previous track, title, or chapter.
- Fast-Forward/Fast-Reverse: You can view a DVD in various speeds in either direction by touching and holding the fast-forward or fast-reverse button on the touch screen. You can select from 2x, 4x, or 8x, speeds.
Off Insert/Eject + Auto Reload: A DVD/CD disc can be inserted or ejected with the power off. When a disc is inserted with the power off, the unit will automatically power up and begin playback. When a disc is ejected and left sticking out of the disc slot for 20 seconds, the unit automatically reloads the CD to protect if from damage.
Parental Lock: Parental Lock allows you to restrict the playback of DVDs that are unsuitable for younger viewers. You can select a parental lock rating from 1-8, which is protected by a 4-digit password.
Angle Mounting: For proper disc playback, Alpine recommends mounting the IVE-W555BT no more that 30° above horizontal.
iPod AV Playback w/ DAC Bypass: The Alpine DVD receiver supports direct connection of your 30-pin or Lightning-connector through its rear-panel USB port and 3.5mm video input. The IVE-W555BT supports audio/video playback, music navigation, information display, and charging of select Apple devices. The Alpine IVE-W555BT's USB connection allows your iPod/iPhone's music library to be loaded instantly to the Alpine head unit and sound quality to be maximized through the head unit's 24-bit D/A converter (bypassing iPod/iPhone DAC), allowing for a Signal to Noise ratio up to 100dB.
- 30-Pin Dock Connector: Using Alpine's proprietary KCU-461IV iPod video cable (500KCU461V, sold separately), you can enjoy audio playback of your stored music and music apps on your iPod/iPhone; plus video playback of your stored movies and video apps on your iPod/iPhone through the Alpine IVE-W555BT. Video can only be displayed while the vehicle is in park with the parking brake engaged. If you only desire audio playback, you can use Alpine's dock connector-to-USB cable (500KCU445I, sold separately) or the dock connector-to-USB cable that comes with your Apple device to connect your iPod/iPhone to the IVE-W555BT.
- Lightning Connector: If you have a newer iPod/iPhone with the Lightning-connector, you can use you can use Alpine's KCU-471i cable (500KCU471I, sold separately) or the Lightning-to-USB cable that came with your Apple device to connect your iPod/iPhone to the Alpine IVE-W555BT.
Note: Access to your iPhone's downloaded applications will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone to connect to the Internet.
iPod/iPhone Control: You can control your connected iPod/iPhone from the head unit's touchscreen. The Alpine IVE-W555BT lets you navigate your iPod/iPhone's music library by Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, Genre, Composer, Podcast, or Audiobook; and your video library by Video Playlist, Movie, Music Video, TV Show, Video Podcast, or Rented Movie. You can then search each category alphabetically (A-Z). The head unit also offers three Shuffle playback functions (All/Album/Category) and Repeat playback function (song). In addition, you can control basic playback functions (such as Play/Pause, FF/RW, Previous/Next Track) of select movie and video apps. Not all apps will be compatible. Older iPod/iPhone device's will be locked during connection, but Apple devices w/ iOS 6.0+ will stay unlocked.
Music Information: The Alpine in-dash DVD receiver will display your iPod/iPhone's stored music file information; such as Track number, Elapsed playing time, Artist name, Song/Album title, as well as Album Art. The unit will also display song/artist information and station identification from select music apps.
1A Charging: The head unit's USB connection provides 1A of current to power and charge your connected iPod/iPhone when your vehicle's ignition switch is set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position (if your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it).
Apple Device Compatibility Chart: The Alpine IVE-W555BT is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features (as of 6/12/2014):
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Bluetooth||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||Pandora App||Album Art||Song/Artist Text||Track Info||Phone||Audio||Siri|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
RDS AM/FM Tuner: The Alpine IVE-W555BT features a built-in AM/FM tuner with manual, seek, and preset tuning. The Radio Data System (RDS) feature displays radio broadcast information such as artist & track information when listening to compatible AM/FM stations. The built-in tuner provides 12 FM and 6 AM preset stations. Stations can be preset manually or automatically. You can choose between three FM Tuner settings for audio quality; Normal (stand setting), HiFi (high-quality audio with possibility of more noise), and Stable (lower quality sound with less noise).
Pandora Internet Radio App (for iPhone/Android/Blackberry): The free Pandora App (either from iTunes Apps/Google Play/BlackBerry App World) lets you play music from the Pandora music service through the Alpine IVE-W555BT using your USB-connected Apple iPhone (iOS 5.0+) or Bluetooth paired Android/Blackberry smartphone. Your Apple iPhone must be connected to the IVE-W555BT via the appropriate Alpine iPod connector cable (500KCU461V or 500KCU445I, sold separately) or the Dock-/Lightning-cable that came with your iPhone. Your Android or Blackberry smartphone must support A2DP/AVRCP/SPP Bluetooth profiles and be paired with the Alpine receiver. Your iPhone, Android, or Blackberry smartphone will also need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, or WiFi. The IVE-W555BT provides control over the Pandora music service and displays Artist, Album, and Song information.
- Station List: You can select Pandora stations from your Station List by date or alphabetically (A-Z).
- New Station: Based on a currently playing track or artist, you can create a new station and save it to your Pandora account.
- QuickMix: QuickMix allows you to listen to songs played on one or more Pandora stations in your Station List randomly. You will need to edit your QuickMix station selections on the phone before connection.
- Skip Songs: You can skip song tracks within a station. You cannot skip back to a previous song. Pandora limits the number of skips allowed.
- Thumbs Up/Down: You can give songs a thumbs up or thumbs down to help Pandora personalize stations to suit your preferences.
- Bookmarking: The song or artist currently being played can be bookmarked & stored in your Pandora account.
Note: Access to these online service will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone or smartphone to connect to the Internet. Pandora is not supported in Canada and only available in the United States.
24-Bit DAC: The Alpine IVE-W555BT utilizes a Burr-Brown 24-bit Digital to Analog Converter to ensure accurate audio reproduction.
CEA-2006 Compliant: The specifications given by Alpine for the built-in amplifier comply with the CEA-2006 mobile amplifier power testing and measurement standards from the CEA (Consumer Electronics Association). All manufacturers who comply with the standard can display the CEA-2006 logo on their product.
- CEA-2006 Power Rating: 18 watts x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20-20kHz, 1% THD)
- Max Power Output: 50 watts x 4 channels
Note: Add the KTP-445A (500KTP445A, sold separately) Head Unit Power Pack to deliver 45 watts x 4-channel RMS of power. The KTP-445A is compact enough to install behind the Alpine receiver. It plugs in-line with the head unit's wiring harness, so you don't even need additional wires.
6ch/4V Preouts with Subwoofer Output Control: The IVE-W555BT has three sets of 4-Volt RCA pre-outs (Front/Rear/Sub) for connection of external amplifiers. The unit's front and rear preamp output can be faded (front/rear), while the subwoofer preamp output is non-fading. The subwoofer output level can be adjusted indepedently from the main volume setting (0-15); so even at low volume settings the subwoofer is still audible. The subwoofer output phase can be set to Normal (0°) or Reverse (180°).
High-Pass & Low-Pass Crossovers: This unit is equipped with active high-pass and low-pass crossovers which limit the frequencies delivered to the speaker and line-level outputs. Each speaker channel is controlled independently, so each speaker pair can be driven by the frequencies for which have they been optimally designed. The crossover adjusts the HFP (high pass filter) or LPF (low pass filter) frequency point of each speaker pair, and also the slope (how fast the filter rolls off the highs or lows).
- High Pass Filter: The Alpine head unit is equipped with a high-pass filter for its speaker-level output and front/rear-channel preamp outputs. You can set the unit's high-pass filter center frequency point to 20Hz, 25Hz, 31.5Hz, 40Hz, 50Hz, 63Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz, 125Hz, 160Hz, 200Hz, or Off (through). The slope of the high pass filter can be set to 6, 12, 18, or 24 dB/oct.
- Low Pass Filter: The unit's subwoofer output low-pass filter can be set to 20Hz, 25Hz, 31.5Hz, 40Hz, 50Hz, 63Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz, 125Hz, 160Hz, 200Hz, or Off (through). The slope of the low pass filter can be set to 6, 12, 18, or 24 dB/oct.
Car Specific Sound Setup: Tailor your vehicle's sound setting parameters through the IVE-W555BT's Car Specific Sound Setup menu. Choose your vehicle type, upholstery type, number of speakers, and speaker locations; and the IVE-W555BT will calculate and apply the optimal sound settings for your vehicle.
- Vehicle Type: Sedan, Couple, Hatchback, Mini Van, Small SUV, Large SUV, 2DR Truck, 4DR Truck.
- Listening Position: Driver seat or All seats
- Front Speaker Size: Small (3-4"), Medium (5-6.5"), Large (6x9")
- Tweeter: Yes or No
- Rear Speaker Position: Rear Deck or Rear Door panel
- Subwoofer: Yes or No
- Car Seat Material: Leather, Fabric, Half Leather (seats are both made of leather and fabric).
Built-in Equalizer: The IVE-W555BT DVD receiver is equipped with a Preset EQ, a 9-Band Parametric EQ, and Alpine's very owner Bass Engine EQ.
- Equalizer Presets: 10 typical equalizer settings are preset at the factory for a variety of music source material. Choose from Flat, Pops, Rock, News, Jazz, Electrical Dance, Hip Hop, Easy Listening, Country, and Classical.
- 9-Band Parametric EQ: You can adjust the head unit's 9-Band Parametric Equalizer to create a response curve more appealing to your personal taste. Band 1 (20Hz-100Hz), Band 2 (63Hz-325Hz), Band 3 (125Hz-500Hz), Band 4 (250Hz-1kHz), Band 5 (500Hz-2kHz), Band 6 (1kHz-4kHz), Band 7 (2kHz-7.2kHz), Band 8 (5.8 kHz-12kHz), Band 9 (9kHz-20kHz). Bandwidth Q (1, 2, or 3). Levels (-7 to + 7).
- Bass Engine EQ: Alpine's Bass Engine EQ optimizes the sound for all speakers in the vehicle according to the music genre and mood for well-balanced and effective bass sound. Select from six Bass Engine EQ Types - Standard (Natural low-pitched sound), Punch (boosted bass sound), Rich (rich low-pitch sound), Mid Bass (emphasizes presence of upper bass), Low Bass (emphasizes presences lower bass), and Off (bypasses Bass Engine EQ).
Audio Enhancements: The IVE-W555BT provides Time Correction, Media Xpander Pro, and Source Volume Level to enhance your listening experience in the vehicle.
- Time Correction: This unit is able to delay the audio signal to the speakers closest to the listener with its built-in Time Correction feature. This effectively creates a perception of increased distance for those speakers. Time Correction allows the listener to be placed at an equal distance between the left and right speakers for optimum staging. You can adjust the distance (0-336.6cm) or time delay (0.0-9.9msec) of each speaker and subwoofer to the listener.
- Media Xpander Pro: Alpine's exclusive Media Xpander Pro is engineered to bring out the musical details lost in compressed media, and it is adjustable per source to get the most out of your digital audio media. The Media Expander Pro makes vocals or instruments sound distinct regardless of the music source. The FM radio, CD, USB memory, iPhone/iPod, Pandora, and Bluetooth Audio will be able to reproduce the music more clearly even in vehicles with a lot of road noise.
- Source Volume Level: The output level (+/-14dB) of each source can be individually adjusted. For example, if the Tuner level sounds lower than CD, its output can be adjusted without affecting the other sources.
Alpine's TuneIt App: The Alpine TuneIt app is an easy-to-use sound-tuning app that also offers Facebook notifications. Download this free app (from iTunes or GooglePlay) onto your Apple iPhone (iOS 5.0+ ) or Android smartphone (2.2+) and create a user profile about your vehicle and sound system. Your iPhone must be connected to the IVE-W555BT via the appropriate Alpine iPod connector cable (500KCU445I/500KCU471I sold separately) or the Dock-/Lightning-cable that came with your iPhone. Your Android smartphone must support A2DP/AVRCP/SPP Bluetooth profiles and be paired with the Alpine receiver. Your iPhone or Android smartphone will also need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, or WiFi.
- Sound Tuning: The Alpine TuneIt App turns your iPhone or Android smartphone into a sound tuning interface for the IVE-W555BT. Follow the simple graphical instructions on your phone to adjust sound settings for your specific vehicle or choose from pre-made settings in the database. Settings that can be adjusted include Parametric EQ, Bass Engine EQ, Crossover, and Media Xpander. As you change settings on your smartphone, you will hear the results, so you can customize the sound to exactly how you want it. You can make and save up to 100 different sound settings in your account, which is helpful if you want various settings to use for specific types of music. After tuning your system, upload your settings to the Alpine Cloud Server to share them with other Alpine fans. You can also check out other user's settings and rate them. The more active you are, the higher your profile status progresses within the app.
- Facebook Notifications: The Alpine TuneIt App also keeps you in touch with your Facebook friends. When you receive a notification, you will get a visual alert on the smartphone and the head unit, plus a sound alert through your car speakers. The visual notification includes the Facebook icon and the sender's name, with the profile picture shown on the phone. You are then able to listen to the notification via TTS (Text-to-Speech) through the head unit and your vehicle's speaker. You can even "Like" the notification from the head unit's front-panel controls. In order to receive Facebook notifications on the head unit, the Alpine TuneIt App must be the active app on your smartphone.
Note: Access to the Alpine TuneIt app will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone or smartphone to connect to the Internet. You will also need to turn on the GPS function of your phone.
Beep Guide: This function will give audible feedback with varying tones depending upon the button pressed. The volume of this feature can be set from 0-7.
AV Input: The Alpine IVE-W555BT is fitted a 3.5mm audio/video input for connecting an external audio/video source (such as external Blu-ray player or TV tuner). The 3.5mm AV input is also used to connect your 30-pin Apple device via Alpine's proprietary KCU-461IV iPod video cable (500KCU461V, sold separately).
Video Output: A single RCA composite video-output jack allows you to add and external monitor such as rear headrest monitor (sold separately). The video output will display whatever video signal that is being displayed on the head unit's touchscreen monitor. You can select the aspect ratio of any back seat monitor(s); choose from 4:3 Letter Box, 4:3 Pan and Scan, 16:9 Widescreen.
Rear Camera Input: The unit features a composite video input for connecting an optional rear view camera (sold separately). The rear-view camera function helps you to see behind your vehicle and provides on-screen guidelines to assist you when backing up your vehicle. If a rear-view camera is connected, you should also connect the unit's reverse lead wire (Orange/white) to your vehicle's back-up lamp circuit. When properly connected, the image from the rear-view camera automatically appears on the monitor when the vehicle is shifted into reverse. Automatic video switching takes approximately 1.0 seconds. Audio from your music source will continue playing, while the back-up camera is displayed.
Optional Wireless Remote: The Alpine IVE-W555BT is wireless remote control ready. Simply add on the Alpine RUE-4190 IR remote ( 500RUE4190, sold separately) to make it even easier to control the head unit's basic tuner & disc functions.
Steering Wheel Remote Compatibility: The head unit features an OEM steering wheel remote control input on the rear of the unit that lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional steering wheel audio control adapter (sold separately). Please consult Crutchfield's Outfit My Car to see if your vehicle is compatible.
Our Product Research Team
3 questions already asked
Yes It can and will take multiple cameras. You will need to purchase additional Alpine HCE-C212F. Great must have to use. [ Richard Nov 02, 2015 ]
Multi-Camera Options The IVE-W555BT is equipped with a composite camera input so you can add front and/or rear view camera systems to your vehicle to make your drive safer. See what's in front and behind your vehicle, right from the screen. With front or rear camera installation, the screen on the IVE-W555BT can switch to your front or rear camera view with the applicable camera system. For the front of the vehicle connect the HCE-C212F. Rear view camera options include the HCE-C155, HCE-C125, and HCE-C104.These camera systems will work directly with the IVE-W555BT for a clean and easy install. For a complete driving experience, nothing beats adding Alpine's Active ViewT Camera System. The HCE-C305R Active View camera alerts you to moving objects that approach your car while you're backing up with an audible "beep" and a visual highlight of the moving object right on the IVE-W555BT's screen. With the Active View system, avoiding other cars, pedestrians or animals behind your car is easy! [ troy Nov 02, 2015 ]
i do not know bud, i would think that u could take it and have it programmed somewhere so that it is capable of showing a triscreen [ James Nov 02, 2015 ]
You will want to contact an Advisor by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat to discuss compatibility with your factory system. They will be able to pull up your vehicle and see if this will integrate. If it does not, then they will also be able to discuss other options with you. [ Krissy Aug 19, 2015 ] Staff
yes [ jose Apr 08, 2015 ]
Yes can display backup camera. Has both manual and auto modes, allowing rear display each time vehicle is put in reverse. [ Brian Apr 08, 2015 ]
Yes, it's an option I haven't tried tho. I'm super happy with this unit! [ Maggie M. Apr 07, 2015 ]
Yes it is capable [ Travis Apr 07, 2015 ]
Yes, it has an input that will automatically switch it to displaying the camera when you go into reverse. [ Jesse Apr 07, 2015 ]
Yes, it has back up camera hook ups. [ troy Apr 07, 2015 ]