Digital media receiver
Item #: 500IXAW407
This item is no longer available.
Original Price: $599.99
Fingertip control over your iPod® or iPhone®
Fill your double-sized (4" tall) dash opening with a sharp, touchscreen display — Alpine's iXA-W407 digital media receiver looks great and handles all your digital music with ease. It won't play your CDs, but it's tailor-made for your iPod, iPhone, or almost any other digital source.
Easy navigation through your music files
Tap and slide your finger on the 7" screen to navigate your iPod menus — Alpine's handy Alphabet Search mode lets you blaze through your lists of artists, albums, or songs. The current song keeps playing, so you won't interrupt the music while you're searching. The convenient "Back" button lets you backtrack through the menus, instead of starting over from the top.
Play your other digital files, too
Plug a thumb drive full of your favorite MP3, WMA, and AAC files into the USB port, and you've got plenty of tunes for your next road trip. Or you can play another USB-equipped music player through the USB connection.
You can talk hands-free through your stereo system with a compatible phone. When a call comes in, the stereo mutes your music so you can listen to your caller through your vehicle's speakers. Mount the included microphone on your sun visor or dash for optimum sound quality. And you can even stream music if your phone or other device supports it.
More ways to add on
This versatile stereo works with all of Alpine's peripheral gear, including satellite radio, auxiliary input adapter, add-on USB input, or CD changer. Add an HD Radio tuner, and you can "tag" songs you hear on an HD Radio broadcast for purchasing later in iTunes.
The iXA-W407 has no disc slot, but you can hook up Alpine's optional DVD changer to view movies while you're parked. You can add Alpine's NVE-M300 GPS navigation module to get preloaded maps of the U.S., Puerto Rico, and Canada, turning your iXA-W407 into a navigation receiver.
IMPRINT for an amplified system
Three sets of preamp outputs simplify setting up a system with external amplifiers and subs, and you'll appreciate the ability to control the subwoofer's output level from the stereo. For the best possible sound quality, add Alpine's PXA-H100 IMPRINT sound processor and KTX-H100 tuning kit the IMPRINT measures your car's acoustics and adjusts the stereo's settings automatically to create a perfect audio environment.
Bluetooth note: Bluetooth compatibility of this device may vary, depending on your phone and service provider.
iPod note: If you're going to use your iPod with this receiver, be sure to check Hands-on Research for specific iPod model compatibility with this receiver or its optional iPod adapter.
Information provided by Alpine
Note: Sorry, Crutchfield cannot ship Alpine products to Guam or Puerto Rico.
- digital media receiver (no built-in CD player)
- built-in amplifier (18 watts RMS CEA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- plays MP3, WMA, and AAC music files from external sources
- 7" touchscreen display
- remote control
- built-in Bluetooth
- 2-band parametric equalizer
- compatible with Alpine's PXA-H100 IMPRINT audio processor and KTX-H100 tuning kit
- works with the Alpine NVE-M300 navigation drive
- iPod control: direct connection to USB input for newer iPods
- iTunes tagging with Alpine's optional TUA-T550 HD Radio tuner
- compatible with Alpine's HD Radio tuner, CD changer, DVD changer, satellite radio
- inputs: USB input
- outputs: 6-channel preamp outputs (2-volt front, rear, subwoofer) subwoofer output has bass level control
Other features and specs:
Why replace your factory radio?
Two good reasons - sound quality and cool features. A new car stereo offers power that's superior to most factory radios, along with more sophisticated tone controls. And most car stereos offer built-in or optional features that add safety and fun to life in your car, including inputs for your iPod or MP3 player, Bluetooth connectivity for hands-free cell phone calls, satellite radio or HD Radio reception, and connections for building an audio system in your car.
Alpine iXA-W407 Reviews
Average Customer Review:
2005 Infiniti G35
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Installed it in an 05 G35, and it looks good. Could run a little "warm" at times. The controls are intuitive enough to easily navigate through most features and pretty responsive. Screen is a dust magnet though. The audio EQ is surprisingly thorough giving me the option of even controlling a rear sub.
The install was not too bad, lots of wires to "clean up" to get a pro install look. Having problems downloading the extra backgrounds off the site, will look more into this. Bluetooth works great with MyTouch !! Ipod interface is good with the 30 GB 1st gen video Be sure to know what you want because if you just want what comes in the box you might get a better deal on another HU. I think part of the price is for expandability.
Overall, Im satisfied... You should be as well. Oh yeah and if you don't want to have to "tap dance" to access all options just buy the bypass by PAC. I did and it worked great.
great for iphone
Firstly, I installed this with the ktp-445 power pack that Crutchfield recommends, when I called people with they complained about an echo. I just took out the power pack and the bluetooth works much better (and I can't hear a difference in the sound quality!).
It is easy to navigate through playlists on my iphone
The menus make sense and it is easy to find things
The parking brake on - foot brake - parking brake thing to get to settings is OK after the first day
It isn't great at going through lots of artists - if you hit the back button it can get very slow at updating the screen
In the month I have used it, it did crash once and I needed to turn the car on and off to get it to come back
The iphone jumps to streaming bluetooth when the bluetooth connects. This is _really_ irritating but is a phone problem. When you plug in the iphone it starts playing though the usb/dock. About 5 seconds later as bluetooth connects .... no sound .... you have to go to the ipod screen on the phone to switch it back to dock connector.
When you install it you do need to install the wires to the footbrake and parking brake or you won't be able to do the little dance to get to the settings menu.
2009 Toyota Tacoma
Bought this for my 2010 Tacoma. Fits well and looks great and contrary to what is mentioned in the description it does not have a flip down face. It also does not have the rotary encoder. Make sure you read the owners manual on the CD or online. Optional navigation works well as does the I-Pod interface. It does have a couple of quirks 1) no matter what time zone or time I set the clock for, it would end up being one hour slow of the actual current time (I just turned off the clock) 2) I-Pod album artwork is fuzzy using I-Pod touch 2nd generation, but fine on my older I-Pod w/video. Sound quality is great using JL amps and sub w/MB Quart separates. Overall I am very satisfied and it compares very well with the Kenwood DDX812 in my wife's car. I highly recommend this unit if you do not care about having an in dash CD. It has a bunch of great features and is expandable enough to fit most peoples needs.
What's in the box?
- 2-DIN Digital Media Receiver with 7" screen
- Sleeve (installed)
- Trim ring (installed)
- Power harness
- 10A fuse (installed)
- Preamp A/V harness
- Reverse/Remote harness
- Bluetooth microphone with attached 12' cable
- Microphone clip
- Adhesive pad
- 6' USB cable (female USB type-A connector on one end and a male USB type-A connector on the other)
- 6' A/V extension cable (right-angle male mini-plug on one end and female mini-jack on the other)
- 14" iPod dock to USB/mini-plug adapter cable
- RUE-4202 wireless remote control
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- 2 Removal keys
- 8 Pan-head machine screws (M5x8mm)
- 6 Countersunk machine screws (M5x8mm)
- Owner's manual CD-ROM
- Quick reference guide (English/ French/ Spanish)
- Customer Care Registration card
- CD-ROM requirements/instructions
- Note to customers
Features and Specs
|RMS Power Output||18 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Key Button Color||Blue|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Yes|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|AUX Input||Rear A/V|
|Memory Card Slot||USB memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||Both|
|FM Sensitivity||9.3 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
Overview: The Alpine iXA-W407 is an in-dash digital media receiver with an AM/FM tuner, a rear-panel USB input, and a 7" full color TFT LCD screen, but no CD slot. You can connect and control an iPod, a USB "thumb" drive, and a CD changer; and the unit is HD Radio ready, Satellite radio ready, and has Bluetooth built-in. The iXA-W407 is a dedicated receiver that provide seamless control of your iPod, iPhone and many other popular digital devices right from the head unit. The iXA-W407 receiver offers enhanced features for a more robust iPod-listening experience that meets the specifications for "Made for iPod" and "Works with iPhone" compatibility.
2-DIN Chassis: The Alpine iXA-W407 has a 2-DIN chassis (also known as Double DIN or size DD), and will fit in many vehicles with a large dash opening. Unlike many in-dash monitors, there is no hideaway box; all the inputs and outputs are included within the unit's chassis. The unit can be ISO-mounted using factory brackets, or Euro-mounted using the supplied mounting sleeve. As always, please check the Crutchfield Vehicle Selector to verify fit with your vehicle.
Full-Color Touchscreen LCD Display: The Alpine iXA-W407 features a high-resolution (400 x 234) 7-inch, full-color, touchscreen LCD display to view and control your audio/video sources as well as Calendar, Clock, Calculator, Audio, and Menu functions.
- A/V Information: The unit can display the following audio/video
information based on the source selected:
- iPod Mode: Artwork, song name, artist name, and album title are displayed for current song; as well as video (if applicable)
- USB Mode: Tag information of the current song is displayed (Song name, Artist name)
- Radio Mode: The frequency of the current radio station and its preset number (if applicable) are displayed
- HD Radio Mode: The name and frequency of the current station is displayed, plus song, artist, and album information
- SAT Mode: Tag information of the current song is displayed (channel name and category, song title and artist)
- World Clock Display: The unit is equipped with a World Clock function; in addition to your local time, the time in 4 major cities in the world can be displayed
- Calendar: The unit can display the year, month, date, and day of the week
- Calculator: A 15-digit Calculator is provided to do simple math calculations
- Multi-Info Mode: You can select four panels of information to show on the screen simultaneously
Display Adjustments: The Alpine iXA-W407 offers the following display settings:
- Display Modes: You can select one of the following
- Mode 1 (Wide): Evenly stretches a 4:3 picture horizontally to fit the wide screen monitor.
- Mode 2 (Cinema): Displays a 4:3 picture by stretching out the picture horizontally and vertically; good for displaying a cinema-type picture with a 16:9 ratio.
- Mode 3 (Normal): Displays a 4:3 picture at the center of the screen with a vertical black band at each side.
- Background Textures: You can set the unit's LCD screen to one of six background textures. When Auto Background is activated, the background texture will change each time the ignition key is turned off and turned on again. You can download wallpaper from Alpine's website to a USB thumbdrive, then upload and store the wallpaper in the iXA-W407.
- Visual EQ: You can select from five preset Picture Modes and two custom Picture Modes. The Preset Picture modes consist of Flat (default initial setting), Night M (suitable for dark movies), Soft (suitable for animated films), Sharp (suitable for old movies), and Contrast ( suitable for recent movies). The two custom mode allow you to adjust the pictures brightness, color, tint, contrast, and sharpness (-15 to +15).
- Backlight Brightness: You can set the illumination of the head unit manually (-15 to +15). You can also turn the display off completely to reduce power consumption.
- Black Richness: This function allows the Black Richness (deeper blacks) of a dark scene to be adjusted (1-5).
Video Lock-out Feature: For safety and legal reasons, the iXA-W407 features a video lock-out feature to prevent the viewing of a video source while the vehicle is in motion. To watch a video source, the vehicle must be parked with the ignition in the ACC or ON position and the parking brake engaged.
AM/FM Tuner: The unit features a built-in AM/FM tuner with two FM bands and one AM band.
Preset Tuning: You can preset up to six stations for each band giving you a total of 12 FM presets and 6 AM presets. The unit's tuner can also automatically seek and store six strong stations in a selected band in order of signal strength.
A/V Inputs: Two audio video inputs (stereo RCA jacks and a RCA composite video jack) are provided for connecting external video sources such as a VCR, DVD player, or video game. You can adjust the audio input level (Low/High) of these inputs and they can be renamed from a list in the setup menu (Aux, DVD, Game, TV, EXT.DVD, Nav, DVD CHG, or USB Video).
USB Memory Mode: The iXA-W407 can play MP3, WMA, and AAC files stored on a USB Memory device (also known as a "thumb drive") formatted in FAT 12, 16, or 32 using its rear-panel USB port and supplied USB cable. MP3 files can be recorded with bit rates of 32-320 kbps, WMA files can have 16-320 kbps bit rates, and AAC files can have 8-576 kbps. This unit can recognize up to 256 folders and up to 10,000 files per folder. The unit's display shows song, album, and artist title, and elapsed time. If no tag information exists, the display shows the track number and elapsed time. During MP3/WMA/AAC playback from a USB memory device, you can activate the search mode to locate a specific folder or file by name. You can repeat the current track or current folder, and play the tracks in the current folder or all of the tracks in the current memory bank in random order. Additionally you can connect and control MP3 players like the iRiver Clix, Creative Zen, or Toshiba Gigabeat, using the MTP protocol.
Built-In iPod Interface: The iXA-W407 uses a rear-panel USB connection and 3.5mm iPod audio/video input (6.5' USB cable and 6.5' 3.5mm AV cable included) and comes supplied with a 14" iPod dock/USB/3.5mm connector cable to connect select iPods and provide ultra-fast digital data transfer so songs and videos are loaded instantly through the receiver. The iXA-W407 uses a USB connection (cable included) which provides ultra-fast digital data transfer so songs and video are loaded instantly through the receiver. You can view Artist, Album, Song Information and Song Number right on the head unit's display. You can also quickly and easily search through all of the music contained on your iPod through Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, Genre, Composer, Podcast, and Episode searches. For especially large music libraries, Alpine created the Percentage Search function to use the headunit's preset buttons for quick jumps to specific parts of the list. You can skip through your music in 10% increments. In addition, you can use Alphabet Search to jump through your lengthy list of music by skipping through the letters of the alphabet. Titles are listed alphabetically and can be skipped every 200 titles with the same beginning alphabetical character. Once you have the letter you want, simply scroll to the exact song. Instead of starting all over from the search menu, you can simply press the Back button on the receiver to go back one step (works just like your iPod). When you are playing a song if you press the back button it will take you back to the place in the menu where you selected the song. When you add Alpine's HD Radio module (500TUAT550, sold separately), and you hear a song you like, simply press and hold the iTunes Tagging button on the iXA-W407. This iTunes Tagging feature lets you Tag songs you hear on HD Radio stations and stores the info on your connected iPod. The next time you connect your iPod to iTunes, you will be able to preview your selections and then purchase and download them from directly from iTunes. The Alpine iXA-W407 is "made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model functions (as of Dec. 2010):
|iPod/iPhone Model||Generation||Media Type||Control||Display||Charge|
|classic (80/120/160 GB)||80GB||Y||Y||Y||N||Y||Y||Y|
Note: The controls on the iPod are not functional when connected. Apple firmware updates may change functionality results.
Bluetooth: Parrot Bluetooth hardware is built into the iXA-W407, allowing hands-free phone use and wireless music transfer. Up to five Bluetooth devices can be registered with the head unit (one connected at a time). The included microphone has a 12' cord that plugs into the back of the radio, and comes with a visor-mount clip. You can select which speakers are active during a phone call; all, front, front left, or front right. Not all Bluetooth-capable phones are compatible, but Parrot compatibility updates will be available periodically. The audio signal from a compatible phone or portable device can also be transferred to and controlled by the iXA-W407. The Bluetooth specifications include:
- Bluetooth V2.0
- Output Power: +4 dBm Max. (Power class 2)
- HFP (Hands-Free Profile)
- HSP (Head Set Profile)
- A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile)
- AVRCP (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile)
Satellite Radio Ready: There are several options for connecting an optional XM or SIRIUS Satellite Radio receiver to this receiver:
- XM Satellite Radio: To receive XM Satellite Radio, you can connect the optional CNP2000UCA XM Mini Tuner and the Alpine CNP-ALP1 adapter cable (700XMALP2, sold separately).
- SIRIUS Satellite Radio:
- Universal SIRIUS Tuner: You can connect the optional SIRIUS SC-C1 Sirius-Connect Universal Vehicle Tuner, along with the Alpine KCA-SC100 SIRIUS satellite Radio interface (700SIRALPC, sold separately) directly to the head unit.
- SIRIUS Plug and Play: The KCA-SC100 (item number 500KCASC10) also allows you to integrate many SIRIUS plug and play receivers when used with the SiriusConnect Plug and Play Dock (700SIRALPP, sold separately). Compatible tuners include the Sportster, Starmate, Stratus, and Stiletto. You can control the satellite receiver from your head unit and use the Quick Search feature to browse all artists and songs currently playing on all channels. The SIRIUS text information also appears on the head unit display.
- Auxiliary Input: A portable satellite radio receiver, such as the Delphi SkyFi3 or SIRIUS Sportster, can be connected to the head unit via an auxiliary input.
Note: A subscription is also required to receive satellite radio programming from SIRIUS or XM.
HD Radio Ready: The iXA-W407 can receive HD Radio signals when the TUA-T550HD HD Radio tuner (500TUAT550, sold separately) is connected via the Ai-Net connector. If you prefer, the tuner can be set to seek only digital signals in the setup menu. The iXA-W407 supports Multicasting, which is the ability to broadcast multiple programs streams over a single FM frequency, thereby increasing the amount and diversity of content choices.
Navigation: The iXA-W407 is compatible with Alpine's NVE-M300 Navigation Drive (500NVEM300, sold separately). The NVE-M300 provides preloaded NAVTEQ map data of the U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands and approximately 6 million point of interest. With the Alpine navigation system connected to the iXA-W407, the voice guidance of the navigation system will be mixed with the receiver's audio. You can adjust the volume level of the voice guidance.
Changer Controls: This unit is compatible with 6- and 12-disc Alpine Ai-NET CD changers; also, this unit can control Alpine Ai-NET CD/MP3 changers and DVD changers.
Additional Auxiliary Input: In addition to the unit's A/V Aux Inputs, the optional KCA-121B Ai-NET/RCA adapter (500KCA121B, sold separately) can be used so audio from another auxiliary source can be played through the unit's AI-Net connection. When the KCA-121B interface cable is used, a CD changer cannot be connected to the head unit.
Auxiliary Output: Stereo RCA jacks and an RCA composite video jack are provided for feeding A/V signals to an optional video monitor(s). When the Rear Entertainment Function is used and these jacks are connected to a rear seat entertainment system (e.g. a rear seat monitor and wireless headphones), your rear seat passengers can view/listen to a different source than the one selected for the front passengers.
Rear Camera Input: There are two dedicated rearview camera inputs; a six pin harness specifically for the Alpine HCE-C107D (500HCE107D, sold separately), and a single composite video jack compatible with most rearview cameras on the market. If a rear-view camera is connected, you should also connect the reverse lead (Orange/white) to the vehicle's reverse lamp circuit. When properly connected, the image from the rear-view camera appears on the monitor when the vehicle is shifted into reverse.
Remote In/Out: A 6-pin female Molex jack and harness allows you to connect the remote control plugs from an optional video monitor, tuner, DVD player, etc.
Note: Some optional Alpine monitors have touchscreen controls requiring connection of monitor control wire of the remote harness.
CEA-2006 Compliant: The specifications given by Alpine for the built-in amplifier comply with the CEA-2006 mobile amplifier power testing and measurement standards from the Consumer Electronics Association. All manufacturers who comply with the standard can display the CEA-2006 logo on their product.
- CEA-2006 Power Rating: 18 watts x 4-channel
- Max Power Output: 50 watts x 4-channel
24-Bit DAC: The iXA-W407 uses clean digital connections and a 24-bit DAC (digital-to-analog converter).
Bass and Treble Controls: The head unit features independent Bass and Treble controls that allow you to adjust each setting +/-14 dB in 2 dB steps. The center frequencies are adjustable (60, 80, 100, and 200 Hz for bass and 10, 12.5, 15, and 17.5 kHz for treble) and the bass bandwidth is adjustable (from narrow to wide in four steps).
Loudness: Loudness introduces a special low and high frequency emphasis at low listening levels to compensate for the ear's decreased sensitivity to bass and treble sound at low volume.
HPF: The high pass filter (HPF) removes the lower bass from the front and rear speaker and line level outputs. HPF options are 60 Hz, 80 Hz, 100 Hz, and off (full range).
Three 2-Volt Preamp Outputs: In addition to the front and rear 2-volt preamp outputs, there is a dedicated 2-volt subwoofer preamp output with variable level adjustment of 0 to 15.
Rear Entertainment Function: The Rear Entertainment Function independently routes different sources to the front and the rear speakers of your vehicle. For example; while listening to the radio or other audio source through the front speakers, the video of the iPhone/iPod can be enjoyed in the rear with an optional rear seat entertainment system. The rear zone signals are passed by RCA composite video and stereo RCA preamp audio connections.
Imprint: With the addition of the optional PXA-H100 Imprint box (500PXAH100, sold separately) and KTX-H100 tuning kit (500KTXH100, sold separately) a car's inherent acoustic shortcomings can be overcome with the MultEQ feature. Imprint also gives you much more sound adjustment flexibility as detailed below.
MultEQ: MultEQ, developed by Audyssey Labs, automatically optimizes the audio for the listening environment inside your vehicle. The Imprint box and tuning kit include the hardware, software, and microphone necessary to measure multiple positions in the car and capture frequency and time domain information from the vehicle's actual acoustical environment. Once the car's speaker location delays are measured, along with the frequency peaks and dips caused by the absorptive and reflective materials in the interior, MultEQ creates a set of equalization filters to correct the frequency response and time domain problems for each speaker in the vehicle. It also removes sound distortion caused by the specific acoustical problems in the vehicle by applying unique FIR filters, using more than 500 points along the frequency spectrum per channel. This optimizes the sound reproduction to the specific vehicle listening environment with much greater precision than can be achieved using typical graphic or parametric equalization. The result is a more accurate soundstage and smoother, more natural sound optimized to match your vehicle.
Equalizer: 10 typical equalizer settings are preset at the factory for a variety of musical source material. You can select from - Flat, Pops, Rock, News, Jazz & Blues, Electrical Dance, Hip Hop & Rap, Easy Listening, Country, and Classical. The head unit will also save six custom EQ curves you create by adjusting the units built-in EQ. Choose the parametric or graphic EQ:
- 5- Band Parametric EQ: The built-in
Parametric EQ allows you to adjust the following 5 frequency
bands in 1/3 octave steps from -6 to +6 dB at a bandwidth Q
factor of 1, 1.5, or 3
- Band 1: 20 Hz to 80 Hz
- Band 2: 50 Hz to 200 Hz
- Band 3: 125 Hz to 3.2 kHz
- Band 4: 315 Hz to 8 kHz
- Band 5: 800 Hz to 20 kHz
- 7-Band Graphic EQ: The built-in Graphic
EQ allows you to adjust the following 7 frequencies from -6
to +6 dB
- Band 1: 63 Hz
- Band 2: 150 Hz
- Band 3: 400 Hz
- Band 4: 1 kHz
- Band 5: 2.5 kHz
- Band 6: 6.3 kHz
- Band 7: 17.5 kHz
Crossover: The active crossover can be used as a 2.2 channel (3-way; low-pass subwoofer, band-pass midrange, high-pass tweeter) or a 4.2 channel (2-way; high-pass front and rear, low-pass subwoofer). A crossover limits the frequencies delivered to a given speaker, so you send only the frequencies for which the speaker is well suited. The crossover adjusts the high pass filter or low pass filter of each band along with the slope and output level. You can adjust the following crossover settings:
- 4.2 Channel:
- High Pass Filter: the front and rear outputs are individually adjustable; crossover from 20 to 200 Hz in 1/3 octave steps with a slope of Flat, 6, 12, 18 or 24 dB/oct, additionally you can adjust the output level from -12 to 0 dB
- Low Pass Filter: the subwoofer output can be stereo or mono; crossover from 20 to 200 Hz in 1/3 octave steps with a slope of Flat, 6, 12, 18 or 24 dB/oct, additionally you can adjust the output level from -12 to 0 dB
- 2.2 Channel:
- Tweeter/High Pass Filter: crossover from 1 kHz to 20 kHz in 1/3 octave steps with a slope of 6, 12, 18, or 24 dB/oct, additionally you can adjust the output level from -12 to 0 dB
- Midrange/Band Pass Filter: a band pass has both high pass and low pass filters; HPF 20 to 200 Hz in 1/3 octave steps with a slope of Flat, 6, 12, 18 or 24 dB/oct; LPF from 20 Hz to 20 kHz in 1/3 octave steps with a slope of Flat, 6, 12, 18 or 24 dB/oct, additionally you can adjust the output level from -12 to 0 dB
- Subwoofer/Low Pass Filter: the subwoofer output can be stereo or mono; crossover from 20 to 200 Hz in 1/3 octave steps with a slope of Flat, 6, 12, 18 or 24 dB/oct, additionally you can adjust the output level from -12 to 0 dB
Time Correction: The time correction feature delays the audio signal to the speakers closer to the listener. This effectively creates a perception of increased distance for those speakers. Time Correction allows the listener to be placed at an equal distance from all speakers for optimum staging. You can adjust the distance of each speaker and subwoofer (6-channel) to the listener from 0 to 132.7 inches.
Media Xpander: The MX (Media Xpander) function makes vocals or instruments sound distinct by restoring sound quality typically lost during recording or transmission; this function helps restore audio information that becomes obscured when audio is compressed. The MX function can be applied to all sources, except AM radio. There are three settings and each source can have its own setting.
IR Wireless Remote: In addition to the unit's touchscreen and hard-key controls, the iXA-W407 comes supplied with a full-function IR wireless remote control.
Optional Factory Steering Wheel Remote Interface: If your vehicle is equipped with steering wheel radio controls, you may be able to operate the iXA-W407 using those controls. The PAC SWI-JACK Steering Wheel Radio Control Interface (127SWIJACK, sold separately) can adapt your vehicle's steering wheel controls to this unit through the rear panel's Steering Wheel Remote Input (a 3.5mm mini-jack input on rear-chassis). Please check the Crutchfield Car Selector to confirm whether your vehicle is compatible with the SWI-JACK interface.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.