Our take on the Alpine KCA-420i
Forget about fumbling around with your iPod controls to change songs or albums while driving. Now, you can connect your iPod to a compatible 2004 Alpine in-dash receiver with Ai-Net connections (see below), and control all the functions right from the receiver! (Note: the adapter is compatible with all iPod and iPod mini models equipped with a dock connector and iPod software update 2004-04-28, or higher. )
The KCA-420i package includes a compact adapter module and two cables. Mount the adapter module in a hidden location in your vehicle, then connect one cable from the module to your Alpine receiver, and the second cable from the module to your iPod. Once connected, you can control virtually all iPod playback functions from your compatible Alpine receiver, including search (playlist, artist, album), track preview, and shuffle play (playlist, all tracks).
Alpine's Quick Search keys offer quick and easy navigation through your iPod's music menu, and you can set your receiver's Bass Engine controls to maximize the sound quality of your iPod tunes. And, best of all, the KCA-420i module automatically charges your iPod's internal battery as you drive.
Read a hands-on review of the KCA-420i at CrutchfieldAdvisor.com.
Compatibility Note: Be sure to check "Details" for specific iPod model compatibility with this iPod adapter.
- includes adapter module and two 78" connecting cables
- for all docking iPods, including video iPods, iPod photos, iPod nanos, and iPod minis
- access iPod with Alpine receiver's controls (compatible with 2004 Alpine Ai-Net receivers)
- charges iPod battery while driving
- artist/song info displays on Alpine receiver display
- module dimensions: 5-9/16"W (with cables) x 1-7/16"H x 5-9/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee