Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
V-Power amplifiers deliver the sound quality that made Alpine famous. Highly efficient power supplies housed in sleek black casings guarantee that these amps stand out in performance and appearance. The thermal management system dissipates heat and saves power, so your V-Power amp will run reliably for years to come.
The Alpine MRP-M2000 mono amplifier drives your subwoofer system with up to 2,000 watts RMS this workhorse will satisfy the hungriest bass setup. The low-pass filter puts you in command of the frequencies that reach your subs, while the variable bass boost is armed with plenty of low-end punch. A subsonic filter prevents wasted energy by eliminating ultra-low bass, putting all the power where you need it.
Preamp- and speaker-level inputs allow you to connect this amp in almost any vehicle. Let this V-Power amplifier transform the sound of your car's audio system.
Note: Sorry, Crutchfield cannot ship Alpine products to Guam or Puerto Rico.
- mono subwoofer car amplifier
- 1,500 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (2,000 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms)
- variable low-pass filter (50-200 Hz, 24 dB/octave)
- variable bass boost (0-12 dB, 30-80 Hz)
- selectable subsonic filter (off, 15, 30 Hz; 24 dB/octave)
- Next-Generation V-Power Class D amp with MOSFET power supply
- CEA-2006 compliant
- speaker- and preamp-level inputs
- gold-plated screw terminals
- 1/0-gauge power and ground leads recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 20-1/4"W x 2-3/8"H x 9-9/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
My system has plenty of power. Who needs an amp?
You might think you don't need an amp because you have a 400-watt system in your car, or because your new stereo puts out 50 watts a channel. But those are peak wattage ratings, which may boil down to 15 or 20 watts per channel, using the more realistic RMS rating. An amp sends your speakers the power they need to deliver your music with clarity and impact, whether you're using factory speakers or high-performance components. And low-frequency reproduction requires lots of power, so an amp is an absolute must if you're adding a sub to your system.
Alpine MRP-M2000 Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Good Strong power!
Have this coming from 2 1000cca battrys 2gauge wire, its on 2 15" kicker l7 subs and i hit a 145db with the stock normal ported box all the way in my trunk of my lincoln town car thats a boat! im going to make a custom box for the port to come up from the rear deck to give me more dbs!!
all i can say is WOW. i am a pretty picky person when i come to audio. if it doesnt sound clean and loud. why bother. and this amp delivers. i have a alpine 12 type x and a 15 hooked up at four ohms and man does it pound. but i know i need a bigger altenator because this thing can pull 180 AMPS!!!!! my little 65 amp altenator just doesnt do it. i would recomend this amp to ANYONE who is competely serious about what they hear. and by the way. if you dont have a good ground hooked up this amp will almost immidiatly tear threw a electrical system and destroy the computer and whatnot. this is serious power
What's in the box?
- Mono amplifier
- Six 30 amp ATO fuses (installed)
- 7" Speaker-level input harness (4-pin Molex plug on one end and bare wires on the other)
- 2 Terminal covers
- 4 Self-tapping hex-head screws (20mm)
- 4 Screws for securing terminal covers (12mm)
- 5mm Allen wrench
- 2.5mm Allen wrench
- Owner's Manual (English/ French/ Spanish)
- Customer Care Registration card
- Specification verification certificate
Features and Specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
1500 x 1
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||2000 x 1|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||20-200 Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||102 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-200 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||24 dB/oct|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||N/A|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||N/A|
|Bass Boost||0-12 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||30 Hz-80 Hz|
|Speaker Level Inputs||Harness|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Inputs: The amplifier offers both RCA line-level and speaker-level inputs for 2 channels. The supplied speaker-level input harness allows you to connect this amplifier to a receiver without preamp outputs; aftermarket or factory. The speaker level inputs will accept the output from a high powered radio.
Terminal Covers: The amp comes with two plastic covers that protect and insulate the RCA, power, and speaker connections. Four supplied screws attach the covers to the amplifier.
Low Pass Filter: The amp has a low-pass filter, continuously variable from 50-200 Hz with a slope of 24dB/octave. This being a mono subwoofer amp, the crossover is always engaged.
Subsonic Filter: This amp utilizes a subsonic filter to eliminate super low frequencies that can rob power and damage speakers. The subsonic filter settings are 15 Hz, 30 Hz, and off.
Bass EQ: The Bass EQ circuit provides a variable boost (0-12dB) with an adjustable center frequency (30-80 Hz).
Left Side Of Amplifier:
- GND (ground): gold-plated set screw terminal, accommodates bare wire up to 1/0 gauge
- Battery: gold-plated set screw terminal, accommodates bare wire up to 1/0 gauge
- Remote: gold-plated set screw terminal, accommodates bare wire up to 8 gauge
- Speaker Output: gold-plated set screw terminal, accommodates bare wire up to 8 gauge
Note: Alpine recommends 1/0 gauge power and ground wire (2 gauge minimum is listed, but only if both power and ground wires are 1 meter or less).
Right Side Of Amplifier:
- Line Inputs: 1 pair of gold-plated stereo RCA jacks
- Speaker Level Input: Molex plug input for supplied 4-pin harness
- Subsonic: switch; off, 15 Hz, 30 Hz
- Phase: switch; 0°, 180°
- Gain: rotary dial
- Bass EQ Level: rotary dial; 0-12 dB
- Bass EQ Frequency: rotary dial; 30-80 Hz
- LP Filter: rotary dial; 50-200 Hz