Bass alert Alpine's Type-X subwoofers bring the ultimate combination of power and performance to your sound system. Engineered with high output in mind, Alpine's top-of-the-line subs handle a mind-blowing 3,000 watts of peak power, while still reproducing the tight, low frequency detail that means great bass.
The SWX-1242D 12" subwoofer provides full bass by squeezing every last millimeter of excursion from the carbon fiber/aluminum honeycomb cone, thanks to its high-roll Santoprene rubber surround. A patent-pending basket design uses air channels in the frame to force out hot air and miminize distortion. It all adds up to huge output and terrific sound quality.
The reinforced tinsel lead design places both terminals on the same side, providing easier installation and wiring. The unique terminals easily accept high-gauge speaker wire. The SWX-1242D is designed for use in sealed or vented enclosures.
Note: If you are wiring this DVC sub for lower impedance, make sure that your amp is compatible. Most car amplifiers are stable down to 2 ohms in standard mode, or 4 ohms in bridged operation.
- 12" subwoofer with dual 4-ohm voice coils
- carbon fiber/aluminum honeycomb cone with high-roll Santoprene rubber surround
- cast aluminum frame
- frequency response: 23-200 Hz
- power range: 500-1,000 watts RMS (500 watts per coil)
- peak power handling: 3,000 watts
- sensitivity: 83 dB
- top-mount depth: 8-11/16"
- sealed box volume: 0.65-1.25 cubic feet
- ported box volume: 1.0-2.0 cubic feet
- Recommended Q-Logic Box Type: 1, 2, 3
- warranty: 1 year
Priced per speaker
Sorry, Crutchfield cannot ship Alpine products to Guam or Puerto Rico.