Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
You can use Alpine's versatile TME-S370 6.5" touchscreen monitor for a variety of applications — as a navigation screen in an RV, for video playback in a tour bus, or for any other custom installation that you can imagine. You can connect the screen to a variety of Alpine components to build a navigation, safety, and entertainment system you can mount anywhere in your vehicle, front or back. Four mounting holes on the back let you connect this slender screen to most vehicle-specific mounts, so you can mount it on your dash without any modifications.
You can add Alpine's NVE-M300 navigation module for touchscreen access to maps, along with spoken, turn-by-turn directions. The TME-S370 also works with a rear-view camera, so you can back into tight spaces with ease, or improve your view when you're backing out of the driveway — great for large-vehicle owners. You can even connect a DVD changer or player to keep the folks in back happy.
An ambient light sensor automatically adjusts for optimum brightness any time of day, and the simple menu system and large icons make it easy for you to tap the source you want. Be sure to check "Details" for more info on mounting options.
- 6.5" touchscreen LCD monitor
- built-in speaker
- hideaway module with all connections
- inputs: auxiliary in, S-Video, rear view camera
- ambient light sensor
- works with a wide variety of mounting brackets
- 6-15/16"W x 4"H x 7/8"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Alpine TME-S370 Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Purchased this monitor to replace the stock monitor in a 2011 Nissan Maxima. It fits perfect and looks great!!!
Pros: Picture Quality
Great Looking, Very Versatile Screen
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
I bought one of these screens from Crutchfield almost two years ago and was amazed to see that there were still no reviews when I happened upon this page today. I used this screen to replace the factory navigation screen in my 2006 Infiniti G35. It fits perfectly in the factory screen housing and with a few wiring modifications I was even able to maintain the motorized raising and lowering of the screen! I added the Alpine NVE-M300 for touchscreen navigation, and even used the camera input for a switch controlled front license plate camera to assist in parking (I already had a rear camera connected to my head unit). I am not currently using the A/V input for my application, but it would be extremely useful for many others. Overall, I have had no issues with this product and would highly recommend it for any project that requires a screen.
Pros: - Clean look blends with any interior - Slim form factor allows for multitude of placement options
Cons: - None that I have experienced
What's in the box?
- 6.5" LCD Touchscreen Monitor
- Hideaway box with attached 8' cable (has right-angle proprietary monitor plug on end)
- 12" Wiring harness (8-pin Molex plug on one end)
- 12" Parking brake detection wire
- Warning card
- Owner's Manual
- Customer Care Registration card
6.5" Wide Screen Display: The TME-S370 16:9 Widescreen video monitor features a 6.5" wide (diagonally measured) LCD screen. It has 1,152,000 picture elements, with a resolution of 800 x 480 for excellent detail. It can be used for many applications, including front or rear seat video or the control panel/display for a navigation and rear camera system.
Compatible Navigation Units: The Alpine NVE-M300 Navigation system is a perfect add-on to the TME-S370 for simple, reliable navigation to your destination. The TME-S370 is also compatible with the NVE-N872A, PMD-B200, and NVE-P1 with PMD-DOK2.
Slim Design: The TME-S370 has a slim design featuring a full flat surface monitor with no bezel or frame.
Display Modes: You can select any of the three display modes to fit the aspect ratio of the selected video source:
- Normal: The monitor displays a normal picture at the center of the screen with a vertical black band at each side.
- Wide: The monitor displays a normal picture wider to fit in a wide-screen monitor by evenly stretching out the picture horizontally.
- Cinema: The monitor displays a normal picture by stretching out the picture vertically. This mode displays a 16:9 source normally.
Ambient Light Sensor: The TME-S370 monitor has an ambient light sensor along the left edge of the front panel which detects the amount of light inside the vehicle and automatically adjusts the brightness of the screen. The low limit of brightness can be preset. The built-in menu allows you to set the monitor brightness as follows:
- High: Sets the strongest brightness
- Low: Set the brightness to the preset low level (adjustable)
- Auto: Adjusts the brightness automatically to the brightness of the car interior.
Hideaway Unit: The monitor comes with a small hideaway unit with an 8' cable that attaches to the monitor screen. The hideaway unit has all of the input connectors, plus an 8-pin power harness. You can connect one A/V device (composite or S-Video plus stereo audio), a rear-view camera (composite), and an Alpine navigation unit. You can select the sources on the touchscreen as "Aux", "Nav" and "Camera".
Camera Options: The TME-S370 gives you several options when connecting a rear-view camera:
- Camera Interrupt: When set to "on" the monitor switches to the camera input whenever the vehicle is placed in reverse gear. If set to "off", you must manually select the camera input.
- Horizontal Flip: You can see the image from the rear view camera normally, or as a mirror image.
- Vertical Flip: You can set the camera image to appear normally, or upside down, depending upon the orientation of the camera.
Display Adjustments: You can make the following adjustments to the display independently for each source:
- Brightness (-15 Min to +15 Max)
- Color (-15 Min to +15 Max)
- Tint (Green Max15 to Red Max15)
- Contrast (-15 Low to +15 High)
- Sharpness (-15 Soft to +15 Hard)
- Visual EQ:
- Night Movie: for movies with dark scenes
- Soft: for CGs and animated films
- Sharp: for old movies where images are not clear
- High Contrast: for recent movies
- Off: Visual EQ off
Base Color: You can select the touchscreen's base color from the following choices: blue, green, red, amber.
Sirius TV Operation: If the monitor is connected to an optional Sirius Backseat TV, you can change the channels, select the display mode, and turn the power to the device on or off.
NTSC/PAL Compatible: The monitor is compatible with NTSC or PAL TV systems. The menu allows you to set the monitor to NTSC, PAL, or Auto.
Built-in Speaker/Amplifier: The monitor has a built-in speaker (approximately 1.25" diameter) on the monitor's rear panel and an internal amplifier. The speaker outputs sound for the Aux input and Navigation guidance. You can turn on/off the speaker through the menu.
Mounting Options: The TME-S370 monitor comes without a mounting bracket. It has four 4mm (M4) threaded mounting screw holes in the universal AMPS pattern (1-1/2" W x 1-1/4" H), which can work with many of the Pro.Fit universal mounting solutions. It can also be custom fit into many locations, such as a headrest.
IR Remote Sensor: On the left side of the front panel, there is an infrared remote sensor. When connected to an Alpine video source with a remote control input lead, this monitor system can relay remote commands from the sensor to the video source.
Front Panel Soft-touch Controls: Along the bottom of the front panel are four soft-touch controls:
- Volume Up/Volume Down: Raises and lowers volume of built-in speaker (range 0-16)
- Source: Choose between Aux, Navigation, or Camera
- Power: On/Off switch; icon is blue when power is on, red when power is off.
Connected Device Control: When an optional Alpine DVD player or DVD changer is connected, you can control the device using the on-screen operation control bar on the monitor. In addition, when an Alpine DVD head unit is connected, you can perform the same operations, plus change the sources on the head unit. Operations that can be performed include:
- Previous track/chapter or fast-reverse if held
- Next track/chapter or fast-forward if held
- Switch Disc (for Alpine DVD changer) up or down
- Menu control (4 directional arrows)
- Operation Control Bar Page change
- Display Mode Setting
- Angle (if recorded on discs)
Hideaway Unit Connections: In addition to the attached 8' Monitor Output cable, the connections on the Hideaway Unit include:
- A/V Input: Left and right RCA audio plus composite video and S-Video input
- Navigation Input: Proprietary 13-pin input for Alpine Navigation System
- Power Supply: 8-pin Molex connector for supplied Power/Ground harness
Monitor: Width= 6.937", Height= 3.939", Depth= 0.814"
Hideaway Unit: Width= 3.458" (4.166" w/mounting flanges), Height= 1.081", Depth= 4.32" (including cables)