If you're serious about sound, and demand the highest quality from your CDs, then the CDR 20 is the recorder you've been waiting for! Harman Kardon has included audiophile-grade AKM D/A and A/D converters your CDs will sound great and recordings made from analog sources will turn out crisp and clear. The CDR 20 makes direct CD dubs at a speed of up to 4X (that's a whole discful of music in under 20 minutes), and adds a wide array of audio inputs for easy digital recording from external sources. There's even a convenient front-panel coaxial digital input!
You can operate this flexible dual-well component as a 2-disc changer. And thanks to the separate jacks for the play and record wells, you can connect a dual-room/dual-source receiver and play different discs in two rooms at the same time!
Note: Component CD recorders let you record on two different types of discs: CD-R discs are write-once, recordable CDs which play back in almost all newer home, car, and portable CD players. CD-RW discs can be erased and re-recorded again and again, but aren't as widely compatible when it comes to playback. Check your specific model of CD player for disc compatibility. Remember, blank computer CDs cannot be recorded using a home CD-R deck, so be sure to use blank audio discs (the logo on the disc's packaging must include the words "Digital Audio").
- plays CDs and audio CD-Rs & CD-RWs; records to CD-Rs & CD-RWs
- internal high-speed dubbing (2X or 4X)
- CD Sync recording from external CD player
- Dual Play mode
- Relay Play
- repeat play and 20-track programming
- 96kHz/24-bit AKM D/A and A/D converters
- play well: coaxial and optical digital outputs; analog output
- record well: 2 coaxial digital inputs (1 front-panel), coaxial digital output, optical digital input, analog input and output
- headphone jack with volume control
- sample rate converter
- SCMS (Serial Copy Management System)
- remote control
- 17-3/8"W x 4-7/16"H x 15-5/8"D
- warranty: 1 year