Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Why choose between great looks and great sound when you can have both? With their rounded, see-through enclosures, Harman Kardon's Nova powered speakers have a sleek, modernist look that will attractively frame your laptop or desktop computer. And they deliver rich, detailed sound, whether connected to your audio source via a cable, or streaming wirelessly via Bluetooth.
Each Nova speaker features a 1-1/4" tweeter for detailed highs, a 2-1/2" driver for clear midrange, and a passive radiator to help reinforce the lows. Harman's proprietary digital signal processing ensures accurate, lifelike reproduction of your music.
Quick pairing with NFC
The system uses Bluetooth and has NFC (Near Field Communication) built-in. Just swipe your NFC-compatible smartphone or tablet close to the Nova speakers to pair and start streaming music right away. You can also pair the Novas with other Bluetooth-enabled devices, such as a portable game console or laptop computer.
Plays well with others
The Nova speaker system can connect via Bluetooth to your smartphone or tablet. An optical digital input is great for connecting your flat-panel TV or receiver. And, of course, for most other sources, there's a simple analog stereo minijack input.
- powered multimedia stereo speakers
- built-in Bluetooth with NFC (Near Field Communication)
- two 20-watt RMS amplifiers
- rounded see-through enclosures
- each speaker features:
- one 1-1/4" tweeter
- one 2-1/2" driver
- a passive bass radiator
- touch-sensitive volume control on left speaker
- power-saving sleep mode
- stereo minijack input for connecting an audio source
- mini optical digital input
- speaker connector cable
- AC power adapter
- speaker dimensions (each): 6-3/4"W x 5/8"H x 5-5/8"D
- warranty: 5 years speakers, 1 year amplifier
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Harman Kardon Nova Reviews
Average Customer Review:
WOW - NOVA BLUE!
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
I have been looking for some nice speakers to go along with my MacBook Pro and Thunderbolt display. These guys look pretty stylish and the Thunderbolt actually has some speakers inside that do alright. Better than a lot of TV speakers for sure. Well after a year of this set-up, I decided it was time to upgrade. I have been looking for awhile and came across these bluetooth speakers that also have other inputs for optical, component and Aux. The optical is something that intrigues me to put this next to a small TV since they are already powered. But my real focus was to utilize the bluetooth and minimize cables. I was looking at the Audio Engines and the PSB intrigue me but they do not have bluetooth and require more cables. Also wanted something simple and functional and looks nice next to my set-up. Well I got these last night and spent 5min setting these up. It was easy and go into settings and pair the speaker - done. Go and start playing music and wow! The sound out of these was incredible. Went through a gauntlet of music with vocals, guitar, bass, etc. So far it has exceeded my expectations. Only been a day so hopefully I can say it is reliable. So far bluetooth pairing has been great - no drop outs, no hiss, etc that I see with a lot of other BT speaker reviews. The volume control is really cool - just touch the top of the right speaker and go clockwize to turn up and counter to turn down. It has auto-off and auto-on - these speakers are very Cool& Rock!
Pros: Bluetooth!, Bluetooth!, Bluetooth!, Stylish Good Looks, Clear-Black, Great Bass, Tilted Enclosure, Minimal Cables, Optical TOSLINK, 40W Power, Portable
What's in the box?
- 2 Powered speakers
- 2 Grilles (installed)
- AC power adapter (w/ attached 5' DC cord)
- 39" AC power cord
- 59" Proprietary system cable
- 41" Stere minijack cable
- Quick Start Guide
- Important Safety Instructions
2.0 Speaker System: Each Harman/Kardon Nova speaker features a 1.25" tweeter and 2.5" midrange driver powered by a 40-watt amplifier for full-range, stereo sound. In addition to the active drivers, each Nova speaker employs a 3.25" passive radiator and bass boost function for bigger bass sound. The H/K Nova speaker system incorporates Harman DSP to deliver improved depth of soundstage, along with better overall imaging.
Built-in Bluetooth: The Harman/Kardon Nova features built-in Bluetooth with A2DP wireless audio streaming, Secure Simple Pairing and Near Field Communication.
- Wireless Audio Streaming: Bluetooth A2DP allows you to wirelessly stream stored music and music apps from your Bluetooth-enabled device (such as your Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad, Android smartphone/table, or computer/laptop) to the Nova speaker system. You will continue to navigate your music and view song/artist information from your Bluetooth-enabled device.
- SSP + NFC: With Secure Simple Pairing (SSP), you can easily pair a Bluetooth enabled phone to the H/K Nova without having to enter pin codes or go through complicated settings. Android (OS 4.0+) smartphones that have Near Field Communication (NFC) pair simply by touching the Android device's NFC tag to the speaker system's NFC tag. For older Android smartphones with OS 4.0 or lower, download the NFC Easy Connect app from Google Play to use the head unit's NFC pairing function. Once paired, the Nova will automatically re-connect with your device when in wireless range (up to 33').
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the H/K Nova.
Analog + Digital Inputs: The Harman/Kardon Nova is fitted with a analog minijack (3.5mm) input and a digital optical (toslink) input for connecting external devices with analog or digital outputs, but don't offer wireless connectivity.
H/K Remote App: Downloading the free Harman/Kardon Remote app from the iTunes App store onto your Apple iOS (5.0+) device or from the Google Play Store onto your Android (2.2+) device lets you control the Nova speaker system from your smartphone or tablet device. You'll also be able to control your Apple iOS or Android device's stored music from the Harman/Kardon Remote app.
- Volume Control: You have control of the speaker system's volume level through the Harman/Kardon Remote app and your Apple iOS/Android device.
- Music Control: You can control all the music you have stored on your compatible Apple iOS/Android device through the H/K Remote app. You'll be able to search your music by Song, Artist, Album, Playlist, and Genre. You also get basic playback functions such as Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track, Fast Forward/Rewind, and Repeat/Random. To access music apps, you'll need to exit the H/K Remote app and select your desired music app on your iOS or Android device.
AC Power: The Harman/Kardon Nova operates off of standard household current using the included AC power adapter and cord.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
2 questions already asked
Very good i love it i have a lot of fun with it i can use my imac music and it plays all day [ HAROLD R Jun 21, 2015 ]
The sound is very clean and precise , in a small room or space.We are using them as our primary sound system in an 18ft. vintage airstream trailer. The sound quality in that environment is great to excellent...if what you listen to is progressive rock, classical, Jazz or any material that is not heavy bass: DubStep, HipHop etc. then it really is quite exceptional sound.It's just pure physics say these little speakers can't push enough air to thump your body. I have a massive audio setup in my home for critical listening for that. On sound stage: give me a break, they come with only a 4 ft cable, you'll get almost zero imaging at that spread...just left channel and right channel...:) [ frank Jun 19, 2015 ]
We have not received any answers from other customers on your question. I would recommend reaching out to an Advisor by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. They should be able to help answer your question. [ Jeff Mar 31, 2014 ] Staff