Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
The Duracell Pocket Inverter 100 withstands the rigors of travel while providing you with reliable energy for your portable electronic devices when you're in the car. There's no need to leave the juice you need behind while you're out on business or pleasure.
The compact Pocket Inverter boasts a three-prong AC outlet and a USB charging port to work with adapters for portable electronics, including your laptop, iPod®, or cell phone. Plug the Pocket Inverter 100 into your vehicle's cigarette lighter or other 12-volt power source to keep your portable gear running. This handy device travels easily and stows in your glove compartment or carry-on luggage.
- portable DC to AC power inverter
- 35" cord works with cigarette lighter or DC power outlet
- USB power port and 3-prong 120V AC outlet
- LED power light
- 80-watt continuous power output (160-watt surge rating)
- over-temperature, low-battery, short circuit, and overload protection circuits
- 8A external fuse
- 2-5/8"W x 15/16"H x 4"D
- weight: 3.2 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Duracell® Pocket Inverter 100 Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
I wouldn't buy this unit again for two reasons, both design related. One, it turns itself off when the car is shut off and doesn't come back on again automatically. Two, the light around the On button isso dim you can't tell if it's on or off. That bites when you're recharging something. My navigator went dead just when I needed it the most because when I thought it was charging it wasn't. Bad design !
What's in the box?
- Portable power inverter
- Cigarette lighter adapter with attached 35" cord
- Owner's Guide (English)
- Owner's Guide (Spanish)
Overview: The Duracell Pocket Inverter 100 is a mini-inverter that utilizes advanced electronics to convert 12 volt DC battery power from a vehicle into 120 volt household AC electricity. You can use the Pocket Inverter 100 to run your electronic devices, such as cell phone, iPod, BlackBerry, video camera, laptop and more. It has one 3-prong AC outlet and a USB charge port (Type A connector).
Compatibility: Through its AC outlet, the Pocket Inverter 100 is capable of powering most 120 volt AC products that use 100 watts or less. The inverter can also power or charge most consumer electronics that have USB power ports. The inverter's AC output waveform, called "modified sine wave", is designed to function similarly to the sine wave shape of utility power.
Operating Time: Operating time will vary depending upon the charge level of the battery, its capacity, and the power level drawn by the particular AC load, USB load, or combination of both. With a typical vehicle battery and an 80-watt load, an operating time of 4 to 5 hours or more can be expected. It is recommended that the vehicle's engine be started every hour or two to charge the battery before its capacity drops too low.
Safety Features: The Pocket Inverter 100 has the following safety features:
- Overload Protection: When the output power exceeds 160 watts, the Pocket Inverter will shut itself off.
- User-replaceable Fuse: The cigarette lighter adapter cable has a user-replaceable 8-amp slow-blow fuse. It can be easily replaced by unscrewing the tip of the lighter plug.
- Low Battery Shutdown: If the vehicle's battery voltage becomes too low (nominal voltage: 10.5V), the inverter will shut down.
- High-input Voltage Protection: If the vehicle's battery voltage becomes too high (nominal voltage: 15.5V), the inverter will shut down.
- Overheat Protection: When the Pocket Inverter gets too hot, due to insufficient ventilation or a high-temperature environment, it will shut down.
- Short Circuit Protection: To protect the unit, whenever a short circuit is detected at the output, the Pocket Inverter will shut itself off.
Specifications: The Duracell Pocket Inverter 100 has the following specifications:
- AC Power Output:
- AC Output Voltage (nominal): 120 V AC
- Continuous AC Output Power: 80 W
- Peak AC Output Power: 100 W
- Maximum AC Output Surge Power: 160 W
- AC Output Frequency: 60 Hz (+/- 1 Hz)
- AC Output Waveform: Modified Sine Wave
- USB Power Output:
- DC Output Voltage: 5 V DC
- DC Output Current: 0.5 A DC
- DC Power Specifications:
- DC Input Voltage Range: 10.5 - 15.5 V DC
- Battery Drain with no AC load (at 12V input): 0.4 A
- Efficiency (Maximum): 85%
- Low Battery Shutdown Point: 10.5 V
- High Battery Shutdown Point (nominal): 15.5 V
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.