Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Russound A-S340 Single-source, 4-zone Audio System
Multi-room music system with in-wall keypads and remote
Item #: 543AS340
This item is no longer available.
Russound A-S340 Single-source, 4-zone Audio System
Our take on the Russound A-S340 Single-source, 4-zone Audio System by Crutchfield's Tara W.
Enjoy music throughout your home with Russound's A-S340 multi-room music system. This package lets you connect one audio source, like a CD changer, audio/video receiver, or satellite radio tuner, and listen to it in four different areas of your house. And a local source input module lets you hook up and enjoy an additional source in one listening area for example, connect an iPod® or a TV in your bedroom for playback through your in-wall speakers.
Custom-tailored advice before and after you buy
Installing this system requires you to run wires in your walls, unless your home is already wired with CAT-5 and speaker cables. Our Audio/Video Designers can help you put together the ideal system from planning the wire run to picking out speakers. Plus, our tech support specialists can help you through your installation step-by-step.
Control and power each room's speakers with an in-wall keypad
This system includes four amplified keypads, each one with a built-in stereo amplifier that powers the connected speakers in that room. The keypads also offer easy-to-use controls for muting or adjusting the volume of your music. Built-in IR (infrared) sensors let you use the included wireless remote to control playback from across the room. The remote allows you to turn the entire system on or off with the press of a button, and you can program it to operate your audio source components.
Want to listen to your music in more than four rooms? By adding extra multi-source hubs, keypads, and optional hardware, you can distribute music to more areas of your home.
Standard "single-gang" junction boxes needed for installation of keypads.
What's in the Box:
- A-H4D In-wall 4-Zone hub with white inserts installed
- Almond colored A-H4D replacement inserts
- A-PS power supply with 75" output cord (24 volts DC/2.5 amp)
- 6' AC power cord
- 4 A-K3 Amplified keypads with white inserts installed
- 4 Almond colored A-K3 replacement inserts
- A-LRC2 wireless remote control
- 2 "AAA" Batteries
- A-LC3 Local source input with white insert installed
- Almond colored A-LC3 replacement insert
- 14 Mounting screws
- 1584.1 Dual IR micro-emitter
- 3 Additional emitter adhesive pads
- Hub instruction manual
- Keypad installation manual
- Remote control user guide
- Local source input installation guide
- distributes music from one source to as many as four listening areas in your home
- system includes:
- recommended accessories for installation: Decora-style wall plates, in-wall speaker wire and CAT-5 cable
- expandable with additional components and keypads
- one RCA input
- IR emitter passes remote commands to your audio component for control via system keypads
- universal learning remote operates connected audio components through IR sensor on system keypads
- warranty: 2 years
A-K3 amplified keypad:
- 7.5 watts RMS per channel into 8 ohms (recommended for use with 8 ohm speakers)
- backlit buttons allow you to control power, volume, and left/right audio balance
- line-level output lets you add an external amplifier or powered subwoofer
- interchangeable white and almond inserts included
- installs in a standard single-gang electrical box
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Overview: The A-S340 is a multi-room control and amplifier system. Included are the A-H4D in-wall/4-Zone hub, an A-PS power supply for the hub, 4 A-K3 Amplified keypads, an A-LRC2 wireless remote control, an A-LC3 Local source input, and a wired dual IR emitter.
Note: Neither source components, speakers, nor wires are included with this package.
A-H4D: The A-H4D is the center of the system, located with the source component(s); its features include:
- Inputs: There is one analog stereo input (RCA) to connect a source component; CD player, digital music server, iPod, tuner, etc. If an output from a receiver is connected, any of the receiver's sources can be routed to the 4 zones.
- Outputs: There is one analog stereo output (RCA) which forwards the input signal just as it is received.
- IR Outputs: Four 3.5mm mini-jacks pass IR commands from all the connected keypads to the source components via the included dual IR emitter.
- Keypad Ports: The A-H4D has four zones, each of which is connected to an amplified keypad. The keypads connect to the hub using CAT5 cable.
- Status Input: When 12 volts DC is input at the status port, all the amplified keypads energize an LED, informing users the source is available. When this 12 volt input is removed, all connected keypads turn off. If your source has no status voltage output, the status feature on each keypad can be disabled.
- Mounting: The Decora style hub mounts in a standard double-gang electrical box. Note: No Decora cover plate is included with the system.
A-K3 Amplified Remote Keypads: The keypads are typically mounted in the remote zones, giving you local control of that location. Each keypad also has an amplifier built-in to power the speakers. Other features include:
- Backlit: The buttons are backlit.
- Power: The amplifier output is 7.5 watts RMS per channel (7.5 x 2) into 8Ω speakers. The recommended minimum impedance is also 8Ω. The AC current to power each amplifier is delivered via the CAT-5 cable.
- Color: Out of the box a white insert is installed on the keypad. An ivory colored replacement insert is also included.
- Controls: Basic functions are easily controlled by the keypad; power, source selection, volume, and balance (left/right). The entire system (all zones) can be turned off from any keypad. A sensor on the face of the keypad relays IR remote commands to the A-H4D, giving you more complete control of the system using the included A-LRC2 remote or an optional universal remote. The A-H4D can also send these IR commands to your compatible source components via the included IR emitters.
- Line Output: The keypad's line output allows adding an external amplifier or a powered subwoofer.
- Mounting: The Decora style keypad mounts in a standard single-gang electrical box. Note: No Decora cover plate is included with the system.
A-LRC2: The A-LRC2 remote is designed to integrate with any of the A-BUS system hubs. In addition to controlling the local volume and source selection, it will control up to 7 source components; 6 connected to the hub using the IR emitters included with the system (this system only has one audio input, and IR outputs for 4 source components) and one local source. The A-LRC2 is pre-coded with commands for a wide variety of components from numerous manufacturers. It can also learn commands from an existing remote.
IR Emitters: A Dual IR emitter is included with the system. It has a 10' cable; one end of which has a single 3.5mm mini-jack that plugs into the A-H4D. The other end has two small IR emitters, designed to mount directly to the IR receivers of your source components. The cable splits into two emitter leads 3' from the end, and each emitter is attached to different components.
A-LC3: The A-LC3 is a local input module, typically located near one of the amplified keypads. It's wired between the hub and keypad and allows an additional source to be played only in that zone. When the A-LC3 senses an input signal to its RCA inputs, it automatically switches to the local source; the signal strength threshold to cause the switch is adjustable. There is also a 3.5mm mini-jack on the front panel so the local source can be controlled using an optional IR emitter. The Decora style input mounts in a standard single-gang electrical box. Out of the box a white insert is installed on the keypad. An ivory colored replacement insert is also included. Note: No Decora cover plate is included with the system.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.