Aiwa takes pride in the great features they build into their lower-priced radios, and the CDC-X227 CD receiver is a shining example. The built-in amp (22 watts RMS/45 peak) has the muscle to make your CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RWs sound great, even with the windows down. If you need some extra "thump," a set of preamp outputs sends a healthy signal to an outboard amp and subwoofer, while H-Bass lets you pump up the lows at the press of a button.
The detachable faceplate features a two-color display with volume meter, and you can select red or blue button illumination to match your dash. The large, illuminated "Smart Jog" knob makes it a breeze to make system adjustments. The CDC-X227 includes an auxiliary input, so you can connect a portable MP3, tape, or MD player or even a plug-and-play satellite radio tuner!
- detachable face
- two-color display with volume meter
- selectable red or blue button illumination
- "Smart Jog" rotary knob
- 18 FM/12 AM presets
- source level adjuster (sets level of each source to eliminate jumps when switching from one to another)
- front panel auxiliary input
- plays CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RWs
- rear preamp outputs
- 22 watts RMS/45 peak x 4 channels
- CD frequency response 17-20,000 Hz
- CD signal-to-noise ratio 90 dB
- FM sensitivity 12.7 dBf
- 1-year warranty