Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere.
That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team — they open the box,
verify contents, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs.
We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
- Main speaker outputs: Two RCA
outputs for high frequencies and two spring clip terminals for low frequencies
- Note that the supplied speakers are bi-amplified so other speakers should not be
substituted for the supplied loudspeakers.
- Optical Digital output (Toslink)
with plastic cover
- Antenna connections: Two sets of
spring connector terminals each for AM and FM
- Video/Auxiliary inputs: One pair
RCA jacks (although this input is labeled Video/Aux it can only accept audio input not a
- MD input: 1pair RCA jacks
- Line level output: 1 pair RCA
- AC Cord: hardwired, 2 prong,
- Headphone output: Accepts stereo
minijack headphone plug
Display: The system
has a 16-track music calendar and light blue frequency display. There is a
multi-jog dial which
is used to select certain menu options and which has green LEDs to show which
function is selected.
Motorized Front Panel:
single-tray CD player is located behind a motorized front panel which is opened
and closed by a button on the unit
Enhances Bass, selectable between 3 levels or off
Three pre-programmed curves; Rock, Pop, Jazz, or off.
When unit is first powered up it goes into a demo mode which can be turned off.
This model has a 12 Hour clock with AM/PM or a 24 Hour clock may be selected.
There is no power backup for the clock, so it
must be reset when AC power is interrupted.
When the power to the system is off, the press of any source button will turn the system
on and begin play from that source.
Timer playback or recording: You
can select one daily event for wakeup (selected source is played) or recording (Can record
from the built-in tuner or Aux component hooked up to the analog input). The playback
or record time may be varied from 5-240 minutes in 5 minute increments.
Sleep timer: Can be set
from 5-240 minutes in 5 minute increments.
- Motorized front panel: The single CD tray is hidden behind the
unit's motorized front panel
- Single Tray Player with AI
Recording: When recording from CD to tape, the system will rearrange tracks in order to
prevent tracks from being cut off when the tape changes sides (tape length must be
programmed into the system)
- The unit we tested will play audio
both audio CD-Rs and CD-RWs (the unit's documentation states that it will
- Single well auto-reverse with full logic tape transport
- Will play back type I, II or IV tapes, but can ONLY record type 1 (normal) tapes
- Can select single side, dual side or continuous play modes
- When the tape function is selected a four digit digital counter appears on the
- 16 FM and 16 AM presets
- Manual or auto (seek) tuning
- Can select Mono or stereo FM
- Presets may be directly selected from the remote
- Tuner steps are .05MHz for FM, and 9kHz or 10kHz
- Three way design
- Impedance: 6 Ohm for the subwoofer;
16 ohm for the high frequency drivers
- Speaker wire comes directly out of the speaker, and
is 8' long with bare ends on the wires for the subwoofer section and 8' wire terminating
in a male RCA jack for the mid/high section
- Removable grille. There is a large port opening
behind the cloth grille of the speakers which vents the subwoofer.
- Video Shielded
- The enclosures are covered by a dark
brown wood-grain vinyl
- Mid-High frequency : 8 watts x 2 at 16 Ohms (200hz
to 20,000hz, < 1% THD) or 10W x 2 at 16 Ohms ( 1 kHz, < 10% THD)
- Low frequency: 25 watts x 2 at 6 Ohms (35- 200hz,
<1% THD) or 30W x 2 at 6 Ohms ( 75 Hz, < 10% THD)
Note: The speakers
are bi-amplified; the electronics block contains 4 amplifiers; two for the mid-highs and two
for the "subwoofers". Because of this and the fact that the
higher frequency drivers are 16 ohms the speakers should only be used
with this unit and other loudspeakers are not recommended for use with this system.