Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Rockford Fosgate packs the Power 1001bd mono sub amp full of features and technology so you get the hardest-rockin' amp around! The patented Class bd design allows this powerhouse to pour out up to 1000 watts (at 2 ohms) with an amazing 75% efficiency rating. So go as loud as you want you'll always get smooth sound and pounding bass.
When you've invested time and money in an amp and subwoofer system, you want it to sound its absolute best. With that in mind, Rockford Fosgate makes it simple to optimize the 1001bd's output for your car, your subwoofers, and your musical tastes. You get a variable low-pass crossover (50-250 Hz at 24 dB per octave) so your subwoofers only get frequencies they're designed to handle.
A subsonic filter eliminates those extreme low bass notes beyond the range of human hearing to improve the clarity and efficiency of your system. (Muddy bass? Not here.) When you're in the mood for some truly massive low-frequency enhancement, the Punch Bass wired remote gives you driver's seat control of up to 18 dB of boost at 45 Hz.
- 500 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms
- 1000 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms
- Class bd technology
- requires 4-gauge power and ground leads and a 100-amp fuse and fuse holder wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- selectable 50-250 Hz variable low-pass crossover, 24 dB/octave
- MEHSA mounting technology increases the heat transfer from the MOSFET output devices to the heat sink, for higher power output, lower operating temperatures, and greater reliability
- TOPAZ noise-killing differential inputs eliminate 80% of ground loop noise
- preamp outputs for easy connection to a second amplifier
- wired remote control of Punch Bass (0-18 dB centered at 45 Hz) gives you fingertip control of your bass impact
- bd Sync allows you to bridge together two separate Rockford Fosgate Class bd amps (with an optional cable) to power one woofer
- subsonic filter removes frequencies below 20 Hz for increased efficiency
- 13-1/8"W x 2-3/8"H x 9-7/8"D
- 2-year warranty
Rockford Fosgate Power 1001bd Reviews
Average Customer Review:
wow this amp is awesome, i just bougt a kicker L7 12" and it burned, i think im
gonna need two kicker L7. good thing is i stiil have the warranty.
What's in the box?
- Mono amplifier
- 2 End caps (attached to amplifier)
- Remote Punch Bass control
- 15' Remote Punch Bass cable
- Mounting bracket for Remote Punch Bass control
- Two 3/8" self-tapping screws
- Self-adhesive Remote Punch Bass control decal
- Remote Punch Bass control knob
- Four 3/4" self-tapping screws
- One 1/8" Allen wrench
- One 7/64" Allen wrench
- One 3/32" Allen wrench
- One 3/32" set screw (extra)
- One 1/8" set screw (extra)
- 1 Female quick slide
- Installation and Operation Manual
- Punch Verification Certificate
- "Team RF" sticker
STARDUST Class BD Design (Single-Terminal Alternating Rail DUal Sampling Topology): STARDUST Class bd design offers ultra high efficiency with a very stable output.
Cast Aluminum Heatsink: The cast aluminum heatsink dissipates heat generated by the amplifier's circuitry. The inherent advantage of casting provides a 30% improvement of cooling over conventional extrusion heatsink designs.
TOPAZ (Tracking Operation Pre-Amplifier Zone): TOPAZ is a circuit that simply eliminates noise. The TOPAZ circuit allows the amplifier ground to move with the source unit ground, creating a "noise elimination" zone just before the preamp section. If there is any noise in the ground coming down the RCA line to the amplifier, TOPAZ amazingly tracks it down and eliminates it. The result is a 30-40dB improvement of the isolation between input ground and chassis ground.
DSM (Discrete Surface Mount): In the manufacturing process high speed robotics are used to place 0% tolerance resistors and large board traces providing greater reliability and efficiency.
Internal Crossover: The internal low-pass crossover is a 24dB/octave Butterworth filter with a crossover point variable from 50Hz to 250Hz.
Subsonic Filter: The subsonic filter is a high-pass filter designed to prevent frequencies below the audio range (20 Hz) from being applied to the subwoofer from the amplifier. When activated, the subsonic filter eliminates super-low frequencies that are potentially damaging to the subwoofer and require tremendous amplifier power to reproduce. Consequently, the filter improves performance and power handling.
bd Sync: This feature allows this amplifier's power to be joined with the power of another Class bd amplifier using an optional bd Sync cable (item #575BDSYNC). Once joined together, you can power a single woofer using both amplifiers.
Remote Punch Bass: The Punch Bass helps correct for acoustical deficiencies in the listening environment by helping reproduce full range sound without adding excessive boost. The Punch Bass control has a narrow band adjustment centered at 45Hz, variable from 0dB to +18dB. Using the mounting bracket, the supplied Punch Bass wired remote can be mounted in any convenient location under your vehicle's dash. The wired remote is 2.317" wide, 1.523" tall and 2.035" deep.
RCA Pass-Thru Jacks: The pass-thru jacks provide a convenient source for daisy-chaining an additional amplifier without running an extra set of RCA cables from the front of the vehicle to the amplifier location. The pass-thru jacks output a full signal.
Power LED: The LED power indicator is located under the RF Power center badge on top of the amplifier, and can be seen through it when power is supplied to the amp.
Fuse Requirements: The amplifier requires one 100-amp fuse and a fuse holder (not supplied); when the amplifier is installed, the fuse and fuse holder should be connected in line with the power cable.
Right Side Of Amplifier:
- Subsonic Filter Switch: Switches the subsonic filter On or Off
- Crossover Frequency (for Low Pass Filter): Rotary control, variable from 50Hz to 250Hz
- Gain: Rotary control for adjusting the input sensitivity
- Phase Switch: Select 0 or 180 degrees
- Protect LED: Glows red when the amplifier is in protect mode
Right Side Of Amplifier:
- Speakers: 1 pair of set screw terminals that will accept up to 8 gauge speaker wire
- GND (Ground): Set screw terminal that will accept up to 4 gauge ground wire
- B+ (Battery Power): Set screw terminal that will accept up to 4 gauge power wire
- REM: 0.250" male quick-slide for remote turn-on lead. (A female quick-slide is supplied.)
- BD Sync: 6-pin mini-DIN connector. Used to synchronize this amplifier with another Class bd amplifier. (Requires optional bd Sync cable)
Left Side Of Amplifier:
- Left and Right Input: 1 pair RCA jacks
- Left and Right Pass-Thru Line Outputs: 1 pair RCA jacks
- Remote Punch Bass: RJ-45 jack for use with supplied Remote Punch Bass wired remote
Continuous Power Rating (RMS)--Measured at 14.4 Battery Volts:
- 4-Ohm Load: 500 watts x 1
- 2-Ohm Load: 1000 watts x 1
- Without End Caps: H=2.356", D=9.83", W=10.824"
- With End Caps: H=2.356", D=9.83", W=13.125"
Other Recommended Configurations (for 1 amplifier):
- Typical Current Draw: 50 Amps (music), 80 Amps (Sine waves)
- Recommended Alternator Size: 75 Amps (Street-driven car), 150 Amps (Competition car)
- Recommended Capacitor Size: 1 Farad
Fuse Recommendations: This amplifier does not include a chassis mounted fuse or an external fuse. Rockford Fosgate recommends 100 amp fuse protection for the amplifier. To protect the amplifier and power cable, we recommend placing a 100 amp fuse and fuse holder near the battery and another fuse and fuse holder near the amplifier. Amplifier wiring kits typically include a fuse and fuse holder near the battery end of the power wire, so, to protect the amplifier, a separate fuse and fuse holder should be connected in-line with the power cable, near the amplifier's power terminal.
Our Product Research Team
Product reviews from the Crutchfield Labs
by Ken Nail
Talk about a dream assignment! When 5.0 Mustang magazine wanted a killer audio system installed in their 2002 Mustang project car, Crutchfield's Project Car Designer Warren Hawkins was given the job.