Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Choosing an amplifier for your high performance audio system is a big decision. Fortunately, the audio artists at Rockford Fosgate recognize that, and they've made it simple for you.
The Punch 300S is packed with cutting-edge Rockford Fosgate technology aimed to produce the most efficient and effective amplifier possible. Adjustable 12 dB/octave slope crossovers, remote Punch Bass (for up to 18 dB of bass boost at 45 Hz), pass-through preamp outputs, and Transana clean circuitry ensure that you get the most bang for your buck from this amp.
If you're looking for the perfect combination of brute power and audiophile sound quality, the 300S has it all in one sweet-looking, compact package! You'll hear your music loud and clear, with minimum distortion and maximum musicality. And for those truly tight spaces, you can remove the endcaps for a wider range of installation options.
- stereo or bridged mono output
- Tri-way capable (Tri-Way crossover required)
- 75 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms
- 150 watts RMS x 2 at 2 ohms
- 300 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms in bridged mode
- variable 50-210 Hz high-pass/low-pass crossover, 12 dB/ octave
- TOPAZ noise-killing differential inputs eliminate 80% of ground loop noise between the head unit and the amp
- NOMAD advanced protection circuitry monitors temperature, voltage, current and impedence, and provides "intelligent" shut-down protection without limiting system performance
- TRANSana circuit designs keep voltages low and signal paths simple in the pre-amp section, for minimum distortion and maximum musicality
- MEHSA provides more efficient transfer of heat from MOSFET output devices to the heatsink for cooler operation
- Punch Bass boosts bass up to 18 dB at 45 Hz (wired remote control included for fingertip control)
- dimensions: 11-3/8"W (8" without endcaps) x 2-7/16"H x 9-13/16"D
- 2-year warranty
Rockford Fosgate Punch 300S Reviews
Average Customer Review:
A great amplifier
Pros: it holds up great and beats hard
Cons: None at all
What's in the box?
- 2-Channel amplifier
- RF center badge
- Remote Punch Bass control
- 15' Remote Punch Bass cable
- Remote Punch Bass mounting bracket
- Two 3/8" self-tapping screws
- Self-adhesive Remote Punch Bass control decal
- Remote Punch Bass control knob
- One 9" speaker-level input harness
- Twelve 3/32" Set screws
- Four 3/4" self-tapping screws
- One 7/64" Allen wrench
- One 3/32" Allen wrench
- In-line fuse holder
- ATC 30-amp fuse
- 2 Black rubber boots (for use with in-line fuse holder)
- Installation and Operation Manual
- Punch Verification Certificate
- "Team RF" sticker
Trans-ANA (TRANSconductance Active Nodal Amplifier): The Trans-ANA is a circuit that allows the audio signal to pass through the amplifier at low voltage. The signal is directly level-shifted to the fixed high voltage rails via a pair of drive transistors. Signal linearity is assured by an active node formed by the drive transistors at ultrasonic frequencies. The result is crystal clear sound quality, even at high volume levels.
MEHSA (Maximum Efficiency Heat Sink Application): MEHSA is a Rockford Fosgate proprietary process that increases the heat transfer from the MOSFET devices to the heatsink. The multi-layer insulated metal MEHSA substrate operates with minimal thermal resistance, spreading heat both downward and outward to quickly dissipate heat from each device across the heatsink. This allows greater power output, enhanced thermal stability, and maximum reliability.
TOPAZ (Tracking Operation Pre-Amplifier Zone): TOPAZ is a circuit that simply eliminates noise. The TOPAZ circuit allows the amplifier ground to move with the source unit ground, creating a "noise elimination" zone just before the preamp section. If there is any noise in the ground coming down the RCA line to the amplifier, TOPAZ amazingly tracks it down and eliminates it. The result is a 30-40dB improvement of the isolation between input ground and chassis ground.
DSM (Discrete Surface Mount): In the manufacturing process high speed robotics are used to place 0% tolerance resistors and large board traces providing greater reliability and efficiency.
NOMAD (NOn-Multiplying Advanced Decision): NOMAD is an intelligent protection circuit that uses an analog computer to make real time decisions regarding temperature, voltage, current and impedance. The unit is protected without limiting sound output unless needed.
INDIGO (INDexed Ideal Gain Operation): INDIGO is a circuit that maximizes the output power of the amplifier by making better use of the power supplied by the car. As the battery voltage drops, INDIGO tightens up so the amplifier delivers the rated power, resulting in more consistent power coming from the amp.
Internal Crossover: The internal crossover is a 12dB/octave Butterworth filter variable from 50Hz to 210Hz. The crossover may be set for high-pass, full range, or low-pass operation.
Remote Punch Bass: The Punch Bass feature helps correct for acoustical deficiencies in the listening environment by helping reproduce full range sound without adding excessive boost. The Punch Bass control has a narrow band adjustment centered at 45Hz, variable from 0dB to +18dB. Using the mounting bracket, the supplied Punch Bass wired remote can be mounted in any convenient location under your vehicle's dash. The wired remote is 2.317" wide, 1.523" tall and 2.035" deep. The included cable is 15' in length.
RF Center Badge: Upon arrival, the RF center badge is not adhered to the amplifier. For installation flexibility, the badge can be rotated 180 degrees. Once you've decided in which direction the badge looks best for your installation, the peel-and-stick backing on the badge can be used to attach it to the amplifier.
Left Side Of Amplifier:
- Crossover Switch: allows you to select high-pass, full range, or low-pass crossover operation
- Crossover Frequency: the crossover frequency control is variable from 50Hz to 210Hz
- Left Gain: this variable gain control allows you to adjust the output level of the left channel
- Right Gain: this variable gain control allows you to adjust the output level of the right channel
Left Side Of Amplifier:
- Input: gold-plated RCA jacks
- High Level Input: Molex plug input for included harness
- Speaker Outputs: gold-plated set screw terminals that will accept up to 8 gauge speaker wire
- Remote Punch Bass: RJ-14 jack for use with supplied Remote Punch Bass wired remote
Right Side Of Amplifier:
- GND (ground): gold-plated set screw terminal that will accept up to 8 gauge wire
- B+ (power): gold-plated set screw terminal that will accept up to 8 gauge wire
- REM (remote turn-on): gold-plated 0.250" quick-slide for remote turn-on lead. Note: A female quick-slide is not supplied.
Dynamic Power Rating (measured at 14.4V):
- Bridged Into A 4-Ohm Load: 300 watts x 1
- Per Channel Into A 2-Ohm Load: 150 watts x 2
- Per Channel Into A 4-Ohm Load: 75 watts x 2
- Without Endcaps: Height=2.489", Depth=9.8125", Width=8.125"
- With Endcaps: Height=2.489", Depth=9.8125", Width=11.375"
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.