Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Hook up a single 4-ohm subwoofer to Rockford Fosgate's Punch 301M mono amplifier for 150 watts RMS of MOSFET-fueled power. Better yet, string together two 4-ohm subwoofers, dial in a low-frequency boost (up to 12 dB at 45 Hz), and get ready for 300 watts RMS (at 2 ohms) of seat-shakin' bass voodoo!
A variable low-pass crossover (50-250 Hz at 24 dB per octave) improves performance by blocking unwanted frequencies from your speakers. Your system won't just sound better, it'll operate more efficiently, too. Preamp outputs are part of the package, too they'll let you add a second amp to your system, even if your receiver only has one set of preamp outputs. Heavy-duty power, ground, and speaker terminal connectors accept up to 8-gauge wire.
- 150 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms
- 300 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms
- requires 10-gauge power and ground leads and a 30-amp fuse wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- selectable 50-250 Hz variable low-pass crossover, 12 dB per octave
- TRANSana circuit designs keep voltages low and signal paths simple in the pre-amp section, for minimum distortion and maximum musicality
- MEHSA provides more efficient transfer of heat from MOSFET output devices to the heatsink for cooler operation
- TOPAZ noise-killing differential inputs that eliminate 80% of ground loop noise
- NOMAD advanced protection circuitry for "intelligent" shutdown protection
- preamp- and speaker-level inputs
- selectable Punch Bass boost (0/6/12 dB at 45 Hz)
- frequency response 20-20,000 Hz
- 11-1/8"W x 2-3/8"H x 9-7/8"D
- 1-year warranty
Rockford Fosgate Punch 301M Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Great little monster of an amp. Used it to push a pair of old rockford 12s and they bumped hard.
Pros: Little to no distortion small enough to fit almost anywhere enough power to push your subs without overpowering them
What's in the box?
- Mono channel amplifier with 2 end caps (already attached) and RF illuminated power logo
- In-line fuse holder with connection covers
- 30-amp ATC fuse
- Four 7/8" self-tapping screws
- One 3/32" Allen wrench
- One 7/64" Allen wrench
- One 1/8" Allen wrench
- 7/64" in-set screw
- 1/8" in-set screws
- Operation & Installation Manual
- Punch Verification Certificate
- "Team RF" sticker
MEHSA (Maximum Efficiency Heat Sink Application): MEHSA is a Rockford Fosgate proprietary process that increases the heat transfer from the MOSFET devices to the heatsink. The multi-layer insulated metal MEHSA substrate operates with minimal thermal resistance, spreading heat both downward and outward to quickly dissipate heat from each device across the heatsink. This allows greater power output, enhanced thermal stability, and maximum reliability.
TOPAZ (Tracking Operation Pre-Amplifier Zone): TOPAZ is a circuit that simply eliminates noise. The TOPAZ circuit allows the amplifier ground to move with the source unit ground, creating a "noise elimination" zone just before the preamp section. If there is any noise in the ground coming down the RCA line to the amplifier, TOPAZ amazingly tracks it down and eliminates it. The result is a 30-40dB improvement of the isolation between input ground and chassis ground.
DSM (Discrete Surface Mount): In the manufacturing process high speed robotics are used to place 0% tolerance resistors and large board traces providing greater reliability and efficiency.
NOMAD (NOn-Multiplying Advanced Decision): NOMAD is an intelligent protection circuit that uses an analog computer to make real time decisions regarding temperature, voltage, current and impedance. The unit is protected without limiting sound output unless needed.
INDIGO (INDexed Ideal Gain Operation): INDIGO is a circuit that maximizes the output power of the amplifier by making better use of the power supplied by the car. As the battery voltage drops, INDIGO tightens up so the amplifier delivers the rated power, resulting in more consistent power coming from the amp.
Internal Crossover: The internal crossover is a 12dB/octave Butterworth filter selectable for full range or low-pass operation variable from 50Hz to 250Hz.
Right Side Of Amplifier:
- Crossover Frequency: variable cross-over point from 50-250 Hz
- Punch Bass Switch: allows you to select 0dB, 6dB, or 12dB of bass boost centered at 45Hz
- Gain: this variable gain control allows you to adjust the output level of the amplifier
- Crossover Switch: allows you to select LP (low-pass), or AP (all-pass) crossover operation.
Left Side Of Amplifier:
- Input: platinum-plated RCA jacks
- Speakers: platinum-plated set screw terminals that will accept up to 8 gauge speaker wire
- GND: platinum-plated set screw terminal that will accept up to 8 gauge ground wire
- B+: platinum-plated set screw terminal that will accept up to 8 gauge power wire
- REM: 0.250" quick-slide for remote turn-on lead. Note: Female quick-slide is supplied.
Maximum Power Rating:
- All Channels: 900
Dynamic Power Rating (measured at 14.4V):
- Into A 2-Ohm Load: 300 watts x 1
- Into A 4-Ohm Load: 150 watts x 1
- Without Endcaps: Height=2.332", Depth=9.864", Width=8.721"
- With Endcaps: Height=2.332", Depth=9.864", Width=11.097"
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.