The die-hard purists at Rockford Fosgate spent over a million bucks to bring space-age Discrete Surface Mount technology to their factory in the Arizona desert. The higher speed, precision and efficiency of computer-controlled robotics means they can build more watts into their amps, without raising prices.
Case in point: MEHSA (Maximum Efficiency Heat Sink Application) mounting technology, which increases the heat transfer from the MOSFET output devices to the heat sink. And when the MOSFETs run cooler, it means the engineers can design in more watts per cubic inch. So you get more power output and increased component reliability, without paying more for it.
The Punch 800a2 features low-pass/high-pass crossovers variable from 50-210 Hz, eliminating the need to buy an outboard crossover. For extra low-end kick, Punch bass dials in up to 18 dB of boost at 45 Hz. Speaker-level inputs simplify amp installation if your radio doesn't have preamp outputs.
- stereo, bridged mono, or Tri-Way output
- 800 watts x 1 in bridged mode
- 400 watts x 2 at 2 ohms
- DSM technology
- TOPAZ noise-killing differential inputs eliminate 80% of ground loop noise between the head unit and the amp
- MEHSA mounting technology
- NOMAD advanced protection circuitry monitors temperature, voltage, current and impedance, and provides "intelligent" shut-down protection without limiting system performance
- TRANS-ana circuit designs keep voltages low and signal paths simple in the pre-amp section, for minimum distortion and maximum musicality
- INDIGO guarantees the highest possible power output under all conditions, by leaving the power supply unregulated at high input voltages (engine running), and loosely-regulated at lower voltages (engine off, drawing on your battery)
- speaker-level inputs
- 100 dB signal-to-noise ratio
- low-pass/high-pass crossovers variable from 50-210 Hz
- Punch bass variable 0-18 dB at 45 Hz
- 60 amp fuse (not included)
- 18-5/16"W (15-3/16" w/o endcaps) x 2-11/16"H x 9-11/16"L
- 3-year warranty