Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
If you're looking for a dedicated, bass-driving animal, say hello to the Big Dog Rockford Fosgate's Power bd1000.1! Equipped with Class bd technology (Rockford Fosgate's patented digital amp design), this beast produces an amazing 75% efficiency rating with a highly stable output. Even under heavy loads, it will maintain steady power flow and a cool temperature, saving your music from clipping and distortion.
Class bd efficiency also allows Rockford Fosgate to design this amp with a smaller footprint, giving you more installation options than high-power amps usually afford.Details:
- Class bd technology
- 1000 watts x 1 at 2 ohms
- requires 4-gauge power and ground leads wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 100-amp fuse and fuse holder required
- selectable 50-250 Hz variable low-pass crossover, 24 dB/octave
- MEHSA mounting technology increases the heat transfer from the MOSFET output devices to the heat sink, for higher power output, lower operating temperatures, and greater reliability.
- TOPAZ noise-killing differential inputs eliminate 80% of ground loop noise between the head unit and the amp.
- NOMAD advanced protection circuitry monitors temperature, voltage, current and impedence, and provides "intelligent" shut-down protection without limiting system performance.
- preamp outputs for easy connection to a second amplifier
- wired remote control of Punch Bass (0-18 dB centered at 45 Hz) gives you fingertip control of your bass impact
- subsonic filter removes frequencies below the range of human hearing for increased efficiency
- dimensions: 14-7/16"W (10-7/8" without endcaps) x 2-7/16"H x 9-7/8"D
- 3-year warranty
Rockford Fosgate Power bd1000.1 Reviews
What's in the box?
- Remote Punch Bass control
- 15' Remote Punch Bass cable
- Remote Punch Bass mounting bracket
- Two 3/8" self-tapping screws
- Self-adhesive Remote Punch Bass control decal
- Remote Punch Bass control knob
- Four 3/4" self-tapping screws
- One 9/64" Allen wrench
- One 3/32" Allen wrench
- Twelve 3/32" set screws
- Operation & Installation Manual
- Punch Verification Certificate
- "Team RF" sticker
STARDUST Class BD Design (Single-Terminal Alternating Rail DUal Sampling Topology): STARDUST Class bd design offers 75% efficiency with a highly stable output.
Cast Aluminum Heatsink: The cast aluminum heatsink dissipates heat generated by the amplifier's circuitry. The inherent advantage of casting provides a 30% improvement of cooling over conventional extrusion heatsink designs.
TOPAZ (Tracking Operation Pre-Amplifier Zone): TOPAZ is a circuit that simply eliminates noise. The TOPAZ circuit allows the amplifier ground to move with the source unit ground, creating a "noise elimination" zone just before the preamp section. If there is any noise in the ground coming down the RCA line to the amplifier, TOPAZ amazingly tracks it down and eliminates it. The result is a 30-40dB improvement of the isolation between input ground and chassis ground.
DSM (Discrete Surface Mount): In the manufacturing process high speed robotics are used to place 0% tolerance resistors and large board traces providing greater reliability and efficiency.
Internal Crossover: The internal low-pass crossover is a 24dB/octave Butterworth filter with a crossover point variable from 50Hz to 250Hz.
Subsonic Filter: The subsonic filter prevents frequencies below the audio range from being amplified. This allows the amplifier to run more efficiently with increased power output.
POWERsync: This feature allows this amplifier's power to be joined with the power of another Class bd amplifier using a bd Sync cable (not supplied). Once joined together, you can power a single woofer using both amplifiers.
Remote Punch Bass: The Punch Bass helps correct for acoustical deficiencies in the listening environment by helping reproduce full range sound without adding excessive boost. The Punch Bass control has a narrow band adjustment centered at 45Hz, variable from 0dB to +18dB. Using the mounting bracket, the supplied Punch Bass wired remote can be mounted in any convenient location under your vehicle's dash. The wired remote is 2.317" wide, 1.523" tall and 2.035" deep.
RCA Pass-Thru Jacks: The pass-thru jacks provide a convenient source for daisy-chaining an additional amplifier without running an extra set of RCA cables from the front of the vehicle to the amplifier location. The pass-thru jacks output a full signal.
RF Center Badge: For installation flexibility, the RF center badge can be rotated 180 degrees.
Left Side Of Amplifier:
- Subsonic Filter Switch: Allows you to turn the subsonic filter On or Off
- Crossover Frequency: The crossover frequency control is variable from 50Hz to 250Hz
- Gain: This variable gain control allows you to adjust the output level of the amplifier
- Phase Switch: Allows you to select 0 or 180 degrees
- Protect LED: Glows green when the amplifier is in protect mode
Left Side Of Amplifier:
- Input: Gold-plated RCA jacks
- Pass-Thru: Gold-plated RCA jacks
- Remote Punch Bass: RJ-45 jack for use with supplied Remote Punch Bass wired remote
Right Side Of Amplifier:
- Speakers: Gold-plated set screw terminals that will accept up to 8 gauge speaker wire
- GND: Gold-plated set screw terminal that will accept up to 4 gauge ground wire
- B+: Gold-plated set screw terminal that will accept up to 4 gauge power wire
- REM: Gold-plated 0.250" quick-slide for remote turn-on lead. Note: A female quick-slide is not supplied.
- BD Sync: 6-pin mini-DIN connector. Used to POWERsync this amplifier with another Class bd amplifier. Note: The bd Sync cable is not supplied.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.