The award-winning Omnifi system uses wireless technology to transfer music from your PC to your home and car audio systems. Now you can enjoy your entire music collection wherever you are!
The D-Link DWL-121 WiFi wireless network adapter package includes the adapter and a mini-USB cable. Connect the DWL-121 to the Omnifi DMS1 home digital streamer, or to the Omnifi DMP1 car audio system. It allows each of those components to receive wireless transmission of music and other audio information from your PC.
The DWL-121 is one part of the Omnifi system, which consists of three pieces (check the system diagram under More Photos):
- the Omnifi DMP1 car digital media player, a compact box which holds music files and connects to your car's audio system;
- the Omnifi DMS1 home digital streamer, which connects to your high-fidelity home stereo receiver. This unit allows you to listen to music files stored in your computer through your home audio system;
- the D-Link DWL-121 WiFi receiver, which connects to the DMS1 in your home or the DMP1 in your vehicle, allowing you to receive wireless transmission of audio files from your computer.
Note: If you have an existing wireless home computer network (802.11B compliant), your wireless transmissions will work with this equipment. If not, you'll need to purchase a compatible wireless router. If your home is prewired with an ethernet LAN connection, you can make a direct wired connection from your PC to the DMS1.
- WiFi wireless network adapter for wireless reception of audio files
- 10-foot mini-USB cable for connection to the OmniFi DMS1 home digital streamer or DMP1 car audio system
- self-powered USB port (no external power adapter needed)
- minimum system requirements:
- Pentium II, 400MHz or compatible CPU
- Windows 98SE, Me, 2000, or XP
- 128MB RAM
- 100 MB of available hard drive
- CD-ROM for installation
- powered USB port
- monitor configured for more than 256 colors
- dimensions: 2-1/4"W x 1/16"H x 6-13/16"D
- 1-year warranty