Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Rockford Fosgate's Prime Series loaded sub enclosures let you put big bass in your car without taking a big hit to your bank account. These tough-as-nails sealed boxes feature 5/8"-thick medium-density fiberboard construction and heavy-duty black carpeting for protection. And Rockford Fosgate used their Loudspeaker Enclosure Analysis Program to create an enclosure that'll draw every ounce of bass out of its two subs.
The R1L-2X10 sealed loaded enclosure comes with two Prime 4-ohm 10" subs, and handles up to 300 watts RMS. Each Prime sub features a polypropylene cone and butyl rubber surround, and the subs are matched to the enclosure for accurate bass that just won't quit.
- sealed hatchback-style enclosure with two 10" Prime subwoofers
- 5/8" medium density fiberboard construction covered with black carpet
- 2-ohm total impedance
- power handling: 100-300 watts RMS (600 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 26-200 Hz
- sensitivity: 88 dB
- 30-1/4"W x 12-1/16"H x 12-1/4"D1 x 7-1/8"D2
- warranty: 1 year (woofers only)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Enclosed Subwoofers 101
An enclosed subwoofer is a box with a subwoofer already installed. The advantage to buying an enclosed sub is that the manufacturer made the sub, then designed and built the box as a perfect match, so you'll get the best possible performance. Every enclosed sub has a maximum RMS power handling rating, so pair it with an amp with a similar RMS power rating to get the best performance.
Rockford Fosgate Prime R1L-2X10 Reviews
Average Customer Review:
The Best Subs For The Best Price
Ease of Use
I bought these subs yesterday and it was the best $210 I could have spent. These subs hit so hard and I haven't even tried bass boost or taken the sub level over +9db. They are only ten inches and the box is very compact so they literally will fit in any car and you'll still have some space left. These subs sound so clean I would recommend them to anyone. The only thing is that the felt covering the box is somewhat cheap and mine got a small slit on the back, but its no big deal. Over all I would say to definitely buy these subs, now!
Pros: Hits Hard, Better than any other subs I've heard, Compact and slim mount, Easy Installment, Overall the best subs for any price range!
Cons: Felt on box is a little cheap and can rip easily, but not a big deal.
What's in the box?
- Sealed enclosure with two loaded 10" woofers
Features and Specs
|Woofer Size (inches)||10|
|Pieces in System||1|
|Second Depth (inches)||7-1/8|
|Connector Type||Spring post|
|Frequency Response||26-200 Hz|
|Power Range (Watts RMS)||100-300|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year (woofer only)|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year (woofer only)|
Overview: The Rockford Fosgate R1L-2X10 Dual Prime 10" 300 Watt Loaded Enclosure features high current binding posts, 5/8" MDF construction and is finished with high density carpet. The R1L-2X10 produces accurate, loud, and punchy bass.
Enclosure: The Rockford Fosgate Prime R1L-2X10 features a sealed enclosure constructed of 5/8" MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard). The enclosure is covered with high density black carpeting. The sealed enclosure features high current compression terminals on the left side of the box (when facing the woofers). The enclosure's terminals will accommodate up to 12 AWG speaker wire. The two loaded woofer's are wired in parallel to present a 2-ohm to your connected amplifier at the enclosure's speaker terminals.
Woofers: The R1L-2X10 features two loaded Rockford Fosgate Prime R1S410 woofers. The Rockford Fosgate Prime R1S410 is a 10-inch, 4-ohm single voice coil subwoofer. The Rockford Fosgate Prime subwoofer features a solid stamped steel frame, quick-release compression terminals, and a Parabolic polypropylene cone. The Prime R1S410 subwoofer is optimized for sealed enclosures.
- Parabolic Polypropylene Cone Design: The Parabolic Polypropylene cone design results in solid bass reproduction.
- Aluminum Voice Coils: The Rockford Fosgate Prime subwoofer uses anodized aluminum voice coil formers that provide excellent heat dissipation. The woofer's aluminum voice coils keep the speaker running cool, even under demanding conditions. Unlike traditional plastic substitutions, aluminum acts like a heat-sink to quickly dissipate thermal build-up on the voice coil. This keeps subwoofers cool during high SPL conditions.
- Stamped Steel Basket: The R1S410 subwoofer features a stamped steel basket for added rigidity.
- Compression Terminals: The Prime R1S410 features spring post terminals which accommodate up to 12 AWG speaker wire.
- CEA-2031 Compliant: Power handling on the Rockford Fosgate Prime R1S410 subwoofer conforms to CEA-2031 industry standards. This means the subwoofer has the capacity to handle power under continuous demand, not instantaneous power handling, that over time, can damage voice coils.
Manual: No paperwork is included in the box, but the manual is available on Rockford Fosgate's web site.
Our Product Research Team
1 question already asked
You will want to contact an Advisor by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat to discuss compatibility with your current system. They will be able to pull up your amp and see if this will work. If it does not, then they will also be able to discuss other options with you. [ Jeff Jan 27, 2014 ] Staff