Our take on the Rockford Fosgate Power T400X2ad
Super-compact, bursting with power
Rockford Fosgate's Power Series T400X2ad 2-channel amplifier can send each of your speakers up to 200 watts RMS, or you can use this tiny powerpack to run a sub with up to 400 watts. A dual-fan forced air cooling system keeps this sturdy little amp from overheating, so it can play hard for a long, long time.
Class AD: accurate and powerful
Rockford Fosgate uses their proprietary Class AD amplifier technology, combining the high fidelity of a Class A system with the high efficiency of their special Class D technology, to bring you this ultra-efficient, high-output amplifier. In other words, this compact amp produces more power with less current draw from your vehicle's charging system than most other amps on the road today.
Rockford Fosgate's high-tech solutions yield more power
Power Series amplifiers actively monitor speaker performance using Rockford Fosgate's Constant Power technology. A speaker's impedance naturally fluctuates as it performs, fighting against your amp's output. So, just like your cruise control increases the engine's RPM to maintain your car's speed uphill, Constant Power maintains this amp's output by increasing its internal voltage and current flow when the speaker's impedance rises. This results in up to a 25% increase in the amp's total power output.
Easy to set for optimum performance
Rockford Fosgate's C.L.E.A.N. technology (Calibrated Level Eliminates Audible Noise) setup system ensures your music will sound as clean and powerful as possible. It works like this: play the setup tone on the included test CD, adjust the receiver volume until the red clip light on the amp goes out, then turn the amp gain up until a blue light comes on. It's that simple — your amplifier will be perfectly set to match your receiver's output. When your receiver reaches maximum clean volume, you'll get maximum clean power from your Power amp. At quiet listening levels, you'll hear less background noise and more of your music.
If that blue light turns solid red while you're playing music, the amp's telling you that your source is distorting and you should turn it down, or risk damage to your gear. The optional PLC2 remote level control also doubles as a clip indicator, so you can see from the front seat if your music's clipping.
T400X2ab input and Punch connections
- 2-channel car amplifier
- 200 watts RMS x 2 at 2 to 4 ohms
- 400 watts RMS x 1 bridged output at 4 ohms (4-ohm stable in bridged mode)
- CEA-2006 compliant
- Class AD amplifier design
- Constant Power technology maintains full output power despite impedance changes
- C.L.E.A.N. gain setup system includes clip lights and test tone CD
- differential input circuitry helps eliminate hum
- dual-fan forced induction cooling
- variable high- and low-pass filters (50-250 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- variable Punch EQ (bass/treble boost: 0-18 dB at 45 Hz, 0-14 dB at 12,500 Hz)
- optional PLC2 Punch Level Control wired remote with clip light available
- preamp and speaker-level inputs
- signal-sensing turn-on with speaker-level inputs eliminates need for remote turn-on lead
- 8-gauge power and ground leads and a 60-amp fuse recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- no onboard fuses when installing multiple amps in a system, an additional 60-amp in-line fuse between the distribution block and the amplifier is recommended
- 7"W x 1-15/8"H x 4-1/4"D
- warranty: 2 years (extends to 3 years when purchased with a Rockford Fosgate RFK8, RFK8i, or RFK4D amp wiring kit)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee