Our take on the PLX Kiwi Wifi Diagnostics Transmitter with Sensor Support
PLX's Kiwi Wifi diagnostics transmitter connects to your vehicle's onboard diagnostic port, and sends information wirelessly to your iPhone or iPod touch. This package also gives you the ability to add additional sensors to monitor information that's not provided by your vehicle's onboard computer.
Connect the Kiwi Wifi to any 1996-up vehicle, download the app from iTunes® App Store, and you'll have instant access to information on fuel consumption, torque data, horsepower, GPS track mapping, and other performance data. Specialized apps are available for many vehicles. The package includes the wireless transmitter and a 6-foot cable that attaches to your OBDII port.
Add additional sensors
PLX also offers external sensor modules that allow you to check air/fuel ratio, vacuum pressure, exhaust temperature, oil pressure, and more. This package includes sensor support so you can add up to 32 sensors without slowing down your vehicle's diagnostic system. You'll be able to keep in close touch with every aspect of your engine's performance.
You'll find yourself driving more efficiently, saving money on gas and lowering your carbon footprint. A built-in power switch puts the Kiwi Wifi into low-power standby mode, ready for the next trip. Here's another big plus no more expensive trips to the dealership to reset the "Check Engine" light. When your engine light goes on, the Kiwi Wifi tells you what's wrong, and allows you to reset the engine light. If you're into competitive driving, you can set up your iPod to display real-time customizable engine gauges, a pro skidpad, track analysis, and other useful data.
Note: You'll have to purchase one of the following Apps in order to connect this device to your iPod touch or iPhone: Rev (by DevToaster, $39.99), Dash Command (by Palmer Performance Engineering, $29.99), or FUZZYCar (by FUZZYLUKE, Free). See "More Photos" for more information.
Read our blog post about using the PLX Kiwi Wifi transmitter to hook up your car to your iPod® or iPhone®".
See more info on this item
- wireless transmitter module with sensor support, plus 6-foot cable that attaches to your OBDII port
- works with iPhone or iPod touch (requires separate app for graphic displays)
- gives you access to customizable engine gauges, a pro skidpad, and track analysis, plus info on fuel used (gallons/liters), RPMs, speed (MPH/KMH), coolant temp (Fahrenheit/Celsius)
- sensor support allows you to add up to 32 sensors without slowing down your vehicle's diagnostic system
- optional sensors available for fluid and air intake temperature, air/fuel ratio, vacuum pressure, exhaust temperature, oil pressure, and more
- power switch
- works with any 1996-up vehicle, including hybrids
- module: 1-1/4"H x 2-3/4"W x 5/8"D
- warranty: 60 days
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee