Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Why save the best stuff for home theater? Every model in Onkyo's receiver line, starting with the TX-8211, utilizes high-current, low-impedance amplifier design for superior performance. Humbly priced, but made for music fans who appreciate great sound, this is no ordinary stereo receiver.
A look inside reveals Onkyo's attention to detail in every aspect of construction. The transformer: oversized and shielded for maximum power capacity and stability, and minimum hum. The filter capacitor: oversized for clean sound during your music's most demanding dynamic peaks. The cast aluminum heat sink: oversized for efficient heat dissipation, and thus longer life from your receiver. Discrete outputs: designed to run cooler, and to keep your music cleaner, under high-volume, low-impedance conditions. Anti-resonant chassis and aluminum front panel: highly rigid to fight distortion-causing resonance.
So how does it sound? In a word: impressive. The TX-8211 drives 50 clean, muscular watts to each of your stereo speakers. Connect up to 4 audio source components (CD-R, cassette, etc.). When you want to listen to radio, use the 30 AM/FM presets or direct access tuning to jump right to desired stations. Get ready for super-clean Onkyo sound!
- 50 watts x 2 (stereo) into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.08% THD
- direct access tuning
- 30 AM/FM presets
- 4 audio inputs (including phono)
- rotary bass and treble controls
- remote control
- headphone jack
- front-panel switching for two pairs of main speakers
- anti-resonant aluminum front panel
- high-current, low-impedance amplifier design
- oversized power transformer, filter capacitors, and heat sink
- FM sensitivity 11.2 dBf
- 17-1/8"W x 5-15/16"H x 14-1/4"D
- warranty: 2 years
Receivers: Your ticket to sensational sound
Your receiver powers your speakers and lets you connect and select your entertainment sources. But a great receiver does a lot more it ignites your emotions. From the passion of a favorite musical artist, to the crossfire of a super-charged movie soundtrack, to the intensity and immersion of a fast-paced video game, your receiver is the key to experiencing and enjoying it in full.
Onkyo TX-8211 Reviews
Average Customer Review:
A great value for a stereo receiver!
Less power doesn't have to mean lower quality. The Onkyo TX-8211 is a great stereo receiver for those who don't need all the bells and whistles of a home theater. It's perfect for that small den or bedroom where you relax to read or just listen to music. I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the sound that came from this lower priced unit.
There aren't any fancy features on the TX-8211. But there's nothing cheap about this receiver either. The quality is built into the components. It is well constructed and solidly built. The sound is crisp and clean- and no hum or distortion that I could detect.
I've paid more for other stereo receivers (Pioneer, Sony, Technics, Teac, Sansui, etc.) with much more power and many more features but in my opinion, the TX-8211 out performed them all. I'm sure there are better products out there but expect to pay a lot more for them. The Onkyo TX-8211 is a GREAT VALUE!
What's in the box?
- Stereo Receiver; RC-330S wireless remote with 2 "AA" batteries; AM Loop and FM dipole antennas; Manual; ServiceCenter list; Warranty card
Features and Specs
Discrete output stage circuits: For high current, low impedance drive (minimum 4 ohms with A or B speakers, 8 ohms with A and B speakers selected), this receiver has discrete output stage circuits.
Transformer and Heat sink: This receiver has a large power transformer, oversized isolated transformer, and heavy duty extruded heat sink.
Sleep function: Using the remote only, you can select from 90 - 10 minutes in 10 minute increment.
Tape Monitor: The Tape 2 input functions as a monitor loop.
- 30 AM/FM presets, grouped into 3 groups (A, B and C)
- Preset scan allows you to scan presets in a group
- Direct frequency tuning (available from receiver only)
- 2-Mode APR (Automatic Precision Reception): When receiving FM stations, this system automatically sets the gain of the RF section to distant (DX) or Local and set reception to stereo or mono based on the strength of the signal being received.
- Rotary bass, treble and balance controls on the receiver
- Selective Tone Control button: On receiver only, when pressed low and high frequencies are boosted (much like a loudness button)
The supplied wireless remote is a unified model that controls this unit and compatible Onkyo CD players. Since it does not have a numeric keypad, you cannot directly access tracks or tuner presets by using this remote, but you can cycle through tuner groups and presets.
- Headphone jack: Standard headphone jack
- Antenna inputs: Spring clip inputs for AM and 75 or 300 ohm FM antenna
- Phono input: RCA stereo jacks
- CD input: RCA stereo jacks
- Tape 1 input/output: RCA stereo jacks
- Tape 2 (tape monitor) input/output: RCA stereo jacks
- Speaker outputs: Spring clip connectors for two pairs of loudspeakers (A and B); minimum impedance for A or B is 4 ohms and 8 ohms for A and B
- Remote control jacks: Two 1/8" jacks for compatible Onkyo cassette decks and CD players
- AC outlets: Two switched AC outlets, maximum total 120W 1Amp