Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
The Logitech Harmony 650 makes controlling your home theater system easy. It has four dedicated activity buttons with icons to keep things simple — even houseguests unfamiliar with your system can operate it with pushbutton ease. A color LCD screen shows icons for your favorite TV channels, as well as more advanced commands for each of your devices. Straightforward Internet-based setup makes getting started a snap.
Program your remote easily over the web
Connect your Harmony remote to your computer with the supplied USB cable to get started. Go to the Harmony Remote website and answer a few simple questions about your components and how they're set up. When you're done, the site automatically programs your remote accordingly. Plus, it remembers information about your setup, making it quick and easy to reprogram the remote if you add components down the road.
Four dedicated/preset "Activity" buttons offer one-touch control of your system. For example, to play a Blu-ray disc, just press "Watch a Movie." The 650 instantly evaluates your system, turns on or off the appropriate components, selects the proper settings, and starts the Blu-ray player. The remote's screen shows just the controls you'll need for each of your devices.
- easy Internet-based setup
- 4 dedicated activity buttons
- interactive color display
- backlit keypad and LCD
- dedicated buttons for Blu-ray playback (red, blue, green, and yellow)
- controls up to 5 devices
- learns IR codes from existing remote controls
- USB cable included
- includes 2 "AA" batteries
- 2-3/8"W x 1-3/8"H x 8-13/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- USB port
- for PC: Windows® XP, Vista®, or Windows® 7
- for Mac OS® X 10.8 or later
- an Internet connection
Logitech® Harmony® 650 Reviews
Average Customer Review:
FPB Logitech® Harmony® 650
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Not sure what took me so long do get this remote, price is right, setup was super easy and everyone in the house is happy now. Put away the other 4 remotes that were needed to operate the various components.
Pros: Ease of use and setup.
What's in the box?
- Universal remote control
- 2 "AA" batteries
- 40" USB cable (with a USB type-A connector on one end and a proprietary connector on other end)
- "Getting Started" booklet (En/Fr/Sp/Po)
- Important Information
- Logitech Customer Support Contact Info
Overview: The Harmony 650 Universal Remote provides simple, intuitive control of even the most elaborate entertainment system for anyone in the family. The remote setup is accomplished through Harmony's interactive web site. The Harmony 650 Remote can control up to 5 audio/video components.
Online Setup: The Harmony Remote Activities are configured through unique Web Wizard tools on HarmonyRemote.com. Using Logitech's Smart State Database of over 225,000 electronic devices from over 5,000 manufacturers, you can easily customize the remote to your system. The database, together with IR learning, ensures support of all infrared-controlled devices made by any manufacturer, including Televisions, A/V Receivers, Cable/Satellite Boxes, VCRs, DVD/Blu-ray Players, CD Players, Game Consoles, Mini Systems, Computers, and Home Automation devices.
Color Screen: The Harmony 650's color screen shows what you need. You can see icons for your favorite channels as well as the commands you need for the devices you are using. The smart display can even provide help if you need it
Simple Button Layout with Backlit Illumination: The Harmony 650's buttons are intuitive and grouped in ways that make sense, so its simple for anyone to use. The buttons are also backlit so its easy to use even in the dark.
- One-Touch Operation: Four "one-click" activity buttons
automatically turn on the proper devices and select the appropriate input
settings depending on what you want to do. No more complicated lists of what
to turn on or which buttons to select.
- "Watch TV"
- "Watch a Movie"
- "Listen to Music"
- "More Activities"
- Menu Button: The Harmony 650 allows you to access your component's menu and your TV's channel guide.
- Blu-ray Buttons: The remote contains dedicated buttons for Blu-ray playback (red, blue, green, and yellow).
- Playback Controls: The remote's playback controls consist of Play, Pause, Stop, Fast Forward, Rewind, Skip, Replay, and Record.
- Numeric Keypad: The Harmony 650 remote provides a numeric keypad (0-9, .+) to access your favorite channels directly. There is also a channel up/down key and previous channel button for selecting channels.
- System Off: One push of the off button turns off all the equipment in your system.
Help: If you have a problem completing an activity function, the help button will guide you through the fix using the remote's color display. The remote will ask a series of questions, such as "Is the TV on?" or "Is the volume turned up?" in order to troubleshoot the problem and correct it.
Flash Memory: The settings are stored in a non-volatile flash memory so they will never be lost, even when the batteries need replacing.
"AA" Batteries: The remote is powered by two standard "AA" batteries (alkaline batteries included).
- Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7
- USB port
- Internet access
- Macintosh OS X 10.4.8 or later
- USB port
- Internet access