Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
See and hear what's happening in and around your home — from anywhere
The terms "affordable," "easy setup," and "user-friendly" are rarely applied to home security camera systems, but Logitech changes all of that with the Alert 750N. This system comes with everything you need to monitor a live security feed and to make recordings from the included night vision camera. Plus, the system lets you add and simultaneously monitor up to five more indoor, outdoor or, night-vision cameras for greater coverage throughout your home.
Setup in three easy steps
First, load the included software onto your Windows®-based networked home computer and follow the directions on the setup wizard. Next, connect the included Logitech HomePlug™ adapter to an outlet and your network router. Finally, place the included camera in the area you want to monitor and plug it in to an outlet. The system uses your home's electrical wiring for crystal-clear signal transmission. No Wi-Fi® hassles, IP address settings or router re-starts required.
Free apps for anytime live access
The free Logitech Alert Web Viewer lets you watch real-time HD-quality security feeds of your home from anywhere. You can view it on a home computer, or a remote computer connected to the Internet. Add free apps for your iPad®, iPhone®, iPod touch®, Android™ or BlackBerry™ smartphone to watch and listen right on your mobile device. You can even set the system up for motion-detection recording, and to send you email and text alerts when movement activates the camera. Best of all, this is a do-it-yourself system that requires no monitoring service subscriptions or fees.
Logitech Alert Commander Software:
- requires Windows® based networked computer
- view a live audio/video feed either from your home or remote PC, or Intel®-based Mac®
- store and review time-stamped security recordings on your local PC
- expandable up to six zones (additional indoor and outdoor cameras available)
- simultaneous display of up to six monitored areas
- free real-time monitoring available to remote computers via broadband Internet connection
- free apps enable remote viewing from iPhone, iPad and Android phones
- motion detection alerts by text or email can be sent to one or more computers or cell phones
- comprehensive remote and mobile system management available (annual subscription fee applies)
700N indoor night vision camera:
- infrared (IR) illumination circuitry enables up to 50-foot visibility in complete darkness
- HD-quality images (960 x 720)
- 130° wide-angle lens
- built-in microphone lets you monitor and record sound
- built-in motion detector can be set to activate camera and send remote alerts
- records to computer hard drive or to included microSD card
- includes versatile mounting choices: desktop stand, wall/ceiling mount, or suction cup to attach to a window
- included HomePlug power supply doubles as a link to your home computer via a powerline network that uses your home's electrical wiring
- creates its own network (no home network required)
- warranty: 1 year
- connects to an electrical outlet and your router (not included) to create self-activated network between computer and camera(s)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Logitech® Alert™ 750N Reviews
Average Customer Review:
This is an excellent product!!! The only problem I had was the wired connection. Logitech should make it wireless. Video playback is excellent!!!
Pros: Very easy to install. Very good video quality.
Cons: Wired connection. Not able to playback on Apple tablets since it needs Adobe Flash Player.
Worth every single penny...
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
After reviewing several options for a nanny cam, I decided to go with the Logitech® Alert 750N for ease-of-use in accessing live feeds from a remote location by either laptop or mobile. The product was easy to setup and accessing the video (both live and playback) was very easy. I gave this product 4 stars because of 2 reasons:
1) The camera is big and hard to hide. Also, it is wired (plugs to the wall) and so this also limited options for placement 2) The system uses your home wiring, which means you will need to take up at least 2 of your sockets to get this setup. It would be nice if the camera side was wireless.
Other than that, the quality of the video is excellent. I also tested it in night vision mode and was very impressed. The fish-eye lens is awesome as it captures a wide view.
This product helped us discover that our nanny was neglecting out child. Needless to say, she was fired and so this camera is worth every penny!!!!
Pros: Quality of Video Easy to setup Accessibility of recordings / live feed
Cons: Wired camera A little bulky
What's in the box?
- Logitech Alert indoor camera
- 2 GB microSD card (inserted in camera)
- Desktop camera stand
- Large suction cup (1.75" diameter)
- Small suction cup (1.375" diameter)
- 2 Self-adhesive cable clips
- Rubber plug
- Camera power supply
- Network adapter
- 2 Slide-in 2-Prong AC plugs (for camera power supply and network adapter)
- 2 Rubber bumpers (for camera power supply and network adapter)
- 10' Ethernet cable (with yellow RJ-45 plugs for camera power supply)
- 10' Ethernet cable (with blue RJ-45 plugs for network adapter)
- Ethernet line coupler (Female RJ-45 jack on each end)
- Camera wall/ceiling mounting flange (2" diameter base)
- Rubber mounting flange cover
- Four 1" flat-head screws
- 4 Orange plastic wall anchors
- Adjustable camera mount ball and screw
- Adjustable camera mount locking socket
- 2" Camera mount shaft extension
- Logitech Alert Commander Video Security Software (v3.1sp1)
- "Getting Started with..." guide
- System Requirements & Support Guide
- Customer Support contact sheet
- 2 Self-adhesive Warning badges
Overview: The Logitech Alert 750n Indoor Master System is an indoor video security system with home network compatibility. The system includes the Alert 700n indoor camera, a separate power supply, a network adapter, plus cables and mounting accessories. The system also includes powerful software that allows you to monitor the system live on your computer or from anywhere on a free, secure website. You can also record, store, and play back video on your PC or the included 2 GB microSD card. Up to six indoor or outdoor cameras can be used in this master system.
Camera: The Logitech Alert 700n indoor camera can provide HD-quality video security (960 x 720 @ 15 fps). The 700n's High Power Night Vision, powered by 2 Osram infrared illuminators, lets you "see" up to 50 feet in complete darkness. During the day, the built-in IR cut filter enables the camera to function better in the daylight. The camera's 130° wide angle lens delivers much more viewing area than most cameras. The built-in microphone lets you monitor and record audio with the video (see note below). The camera can be placed on a desktop with the included stand, on a wall or ceiling with the included adjustable wall/ceiling mount, or on a window (pointed in or out) with a suction cup window mount.
Note: Be sure to comply with the laws in your state or locality regarding recording audio along with the video.
Easy Setup: The Logitech Alert 750n Indoor Master System can be installed using a simple 3-step procedure: install the supplied Logitech Alert Commander software, connect the Network Adapter to your home network, and plug in your camera. Because the system uses HomePlug networking, there's no need to install new wiring. HomePlug networking uses your existing electrical wiring and outlets to connect your cameras to your network and transmit video securely. You can easily expand the system with up to six cameras, including the Alert 700e outdoor camera and additional Alert 700n indoor cameras.
Logitech Alert Commander: Included with the system is the powerful Logitech Alert Commander software. The software gives you the option of monitoring the system on your PC in Live Mode, or by recording video for later viewing, either on your computer's hard drive or on the camera's built-in microSD card. The Alert Commander software lets you configure and control the system, display between one and six video windows, and select from four viewing modes.
Free Remote Monitoring: The Logitech Alert Commander software includes programs that allow you to see live video from your cameras from an internet-connected computer (Web Commander), or through a free app for your iPhone, Android, or Blackberry mobile device (Mobile Commander).
Premium Service Upgrade: The Web and Mobile Commander Premium Service is a subscription-based upgrade that allows you to manage your Logitech Alert system remotely over the Internet or from your smartphone. For $79.95 per year, you can search and play recorded video that is stored on your camera's DVR. This allows you to quickly review the event that triggered an alert, or simply see what's been going on all day. You can also change motion zones, turn motion alerts on/off, add recipients to email alerts, adjust the sensitivity of the audio, and pan or zoom your cameras for a closer look. If you have multiple sites, they can all be controlled remotely from a single subscription.
microSD Card: When motion is detected, the camera records video and audio to a microSD card, even when your PC is turned off. The supplied 2 GB card gives you enough space for up to a week's worth of recording for a typical home location. Larger capacity cards, up to 32 GB, can record up to several months worth of video and audio. When you turn on your computer and connect to the network, the recorded video is backed up to your hard drive.
Dropbox: You can upload and back up your security videos to Dropbox, an automatic cloud-based service. Dropbox is password protected, so your videos are stored securely. Storage plans are available starting at up to 2 GBs free to up to 100 GB for a few dollars a month. Dropbox also allows you to store Word, Excel, and PowerPoint files as well. Opening a Dropbox account is done through the supplied Logitech Alert Commander software.
Motion Detection Zones: The Alert Commander software allows you to set up motion detection zones on the viewable video, typically around windows and doors. When movement is detected in any of the detection zones, the camera will automatically record the action. Up to 16 motion detection zones can be specified for a single view.
Alerts: You can set up alerts that will automatically notify you whenever a camera detects motion. Notifications can be sent to an email address or to your mobile phone.
Digital Pan-Tilt-Zoom: As you monitor the system, you can use keyboard commands to zoom in or out, pan left or right, or tilt up or down (within the full wide angle shot) to get better detail.
System Requirements: The Logitech Alert 750n Indoor Master System includes Windows-compatible Logitech Alert Commander software on CD-ROM. A version of the software for Mac is available for download from the Logitech website and the Mac App Store. The software has the following requirements:
- Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
- Mac OS X v10.6.8 or higher
- Minimum: 2 GHz or faster processor with 1 GB RAM
- Recommended: 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo or faster processor with at least 2 GB RAM
- Hard Drive: 100 MB for software; minimum of 500+ MB for video storage
- Available Ethernet port on your home network
- High-speed Internet connection for setup
- 1 Mbps or greater Internet upload speed (2 Mbps recommended)
- Remote viewing requires a PC or Intel-based Mac with Adobe Flash Player 10.2 or later (free download)
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.