Our take on the Logitech® Harmony® Ultimate Remote
The Ultimate Remote
The Logitech Harmony Ultimate is one of the most advanced remotes we've ever seen. Right from the start, you can tell this remote is different. Its ergonomic design fits easily into your hand. And its built-in motion sensor “wakes up” the remote when you pick it up — no more draining batteries while the remote's sitting on the coffee table.
Simple, intuitive control
The Ultimate remote doesn't overwhelm you with choices — it has a few simple control buttons and a color touchscreen. With a flick of your finger you can quickly swipe and scroll to navigate to your entertainment choices. You can even consolidate button functions. So, for example, by tapping a button, your Blu-ray player skips to the next chapter. But if you hold down that button, the player will fast-forward through the disc.
Is your setup complex? Not anymore. You can initiate a sequence of commands by tapping a single activity icon. Touch the “Watch TV” icon, for example, and the Harmony automatically assesses the status of your HDTV, receiver, cable or satellite box and makes sure they're all turned on with the proper settings. Presto! Your system's ready for TV viewing. The activity icons also provide easy access for family members and houseguests.
You can have multiple “Watch TV” settings for use with different cable boxes, or setups in different rooms. Select display icons for up to 50 of your favorite channels. And you can personalize and rearrange them as you want — right on the remote's touchscreen. To watch a channel, just touch the icon. The remote does the rest.
"Logitech has one-upped itself with the Harmony Ultimate."
"The Logitech Harmony Ultimate... is one of the most powerful universal remotes available, and one of the easiest to set up, thanks to the Harmony Web app and the Harmony Hub. The addition of Bluetooth control for game systems, smartphone and tablet remote control, and Philips Hue light control all make the remote more flexible than ever...."
"If you want the sleekest, most powerful universal remote available with as much flexibility as possible, the Harmony Ultimate is the controller to go with and is our Editors' Choice for universal remotes."
— PC Magazine Editors' Choice
Read the full review
Easy Internet setup
You can control up to 15 devices with the Ultimate remote. The system works with over 5,000 brands and 225,000 entertainment devices, including lighting controls, game consoles, multi-room systems, and more. If it has a remote, you can probably control it with the Ultimate.
To get started, simply connect the Harmony Ultimate to your Mac or PC via the provided USB cable. At the Harmony website, just answer a few questions about your gear and how you use it. The proper command codes automatically download to your remote, and you're done.
The Harmony Hub
The handy low-profile hub comes with two infrared flashers so you can control components stored behind closed cabinet doors. It can relay commands from your remote, effectively extending the range of your controller.
The hub uses Bluetooth® to communicate with your PS3® and Wii® game consoles. It also uses IR (infrared) for Xbox 360 control. That eliminates the need for extra remotes, and frees up USB connections on your consoles. And the hub connects to your home Wi-Fi® network so you can use apps from mobile devices or cloud services.
You also have more control over your TV with the hub. It has a programmable sleep timer so your TV doesn't stay on all the time, wasting power. And it can monitor and manage family screen time, ensuring that children don't spend too much time in front of the screen.
The Harmony app can turn your smartphone into a second remote.
Smartphone remote control
With the free Harmony app, available from Apple iTunes® and the Android™ App store, you can turn your smartphone into a second personal remote. And the app has guided screen prompts to make setup even easier.
See more info on this item
- Ultimate remote
- easy Internet-based setup
- 2-3/8" swipe and tap color touchscreen
- one-touch activity icons such as "Watch TV," "Listen to Music," etc.
- allows multiple "Watch TV" settings for different set top boxes
- up to 50 one-touch channel icons
- customizable button functions and touchscreen layout
- number pad access on touchscreen
- contoured backlit buttons
- controls up to 15 devices
- motion sensor "wakes up" remote when picked up to save on battery life
- comfortable, ergonomic design
- USB port for downloading commands from Logitech's website (USB cable included)
- can learn IR codes from existing remote controls
- built-in rechargeable lithium ion battery
- recharging cradle with AC adapter
- Harmony Hub
- two IR blasters for controlling devices inside cabinets
- RF (radio frequency) link to Ultimate remote for control without pointing
- Bluetooth for control of PS3 and Wii game consoles
- IR control for Xbox 360
- Bluetooth for smart device setup
- Wi-Fi connects hub to apps running on mobile devices and cloud services
- monitor and manage family screen time
- TV timer
- personalized favorites and settings
- free Harmony control app available from iTunes® and Android App Store
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- USB port
- Mac OS X 10.5 or later
- USB port
- Windows® XP, Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8