Our take on the InstallCard: Speaker or Subwoofer
Not into "do it yourself" car stereo installations? No problem! With a pre-paid InstallCard, you can have your new pair of speakers or single subwoofer installed by any professional who's a member of the InstallCard network — there are more than 1,500 locations all across the country! You'll get all the benefits of buying your gear from Crutchfield (including FREE speaker installation accessories, if available), plus the time savings and peace of mind that come with professional installation.
How does it work?
Simple. First, enter your zip code to see if there's an InstallCard installer in your area (if you don't see an installer listed, you may wish to call InstallerNet at the number listed below the zip code field. New installers are added to the network frequently, so there may be options available for you that aren't yet listed online). Then, just add this card to your online shopping cart, and proceed through checkout as usual. When you receive the card from us, visit www.installcard.com, enter the unique InstallCard number on the back of the card, and schedule your installation with the local shop.
When you arrive for your appointment at your local stereo shop, just hand over the InstallCard, along with the subwoofer or pair of speakers you've purchased and your Crutchfield invoice (it will be included in the box with your order), and your installation begins. And you can feel confident about the quality of work — every installer on the InstallerNet Network has at least two years' experience and is MECP (Mobile Electronics Certified Professional) certified. InstallerNet feels so strongly about the expertise of their installers that they will warranty the labor of your installation for the life of your vehicle.
What does this card cover?
See more info on this item
With this InstallCard, a professional installer will remove a pair of factory car stereo speakers and install your aftermarket speakers, wiring them to an amplifier or car stereo system. It may also be used to install a non-powered enclosed subwoofer box or to replace an existing pair of subwoofers in an existing enclosure. Be sure to read the Details below to see what's covered. Please call an Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 if you have any questions.
- pre-paid installation of a pair of speakers or a single subwoofer at your choice of more than 1,500 professional stereo shops
- InstallCard services are currently available in all 50 states and Puerto Rico; we cannot ship InstallCards outside these areas.
- installation labor is warranted for the life of your vehicle
- Important note: Heavy speaker wire is not included with this InstallCard, and this installation does not cover modifications to your vehicle. If modifications are required, you may be charged extra for parts and labor at the time of installation. Your installer will inform you of any additional charges before performing the work, so you can approve the charges. Some possible extra charges (parts, labor, or both) include:
- your new speakers are a different size from your factory speakers, which requires modification to the speaker openings
- you're installing component speakers (which consist of separate woofers and tweeters, plus a crossover); this InstallCard only covers one pair of speakers
- installation in your vehicle requires the removal of the entire rear deck or dashboard to replace the speakers
- new wires must be run from your vehicle's speaker location to your amp or in-dash stereo
- you're installing a powered subwoofer the amplifier installation card is the preferred InstallCard for powered subs
Important Note: Install Cards are not eligible for refunds once they are activated.
If equipment is determined to be defective during the process of the installation or immediately after while still at the install shop the installer will remove and reinstall the equipment at no charge.
If the Manufacturer's product becomes defective sometime after the initial installation, and it is determined that the malfunction is not caused by the installation, then the installer will replace the defective unit with a new unit supplied by the customer, and the customer will be responsible for an R&R (removal and reinstallation) charge which will not exceed 50% of the original installation charge.
If the customer chooses to remove non-defective equipment (swapping for a different brand, for example), Installer Net will charge for a completely new installation.