Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Not into "do it yourself" car stereo installations? No problem. With a prepaid InstallCard, you can have your new CD changer installed by any professional who's a member of the InstallerNet Network — which boasts more than 1,500 members across the country. You'll get all the benefits of buying your changer from Crutchfield, plus the time savings and peace of mind that come with professional installation.
How does it work?
Simple. First, enter your zip code to see if there's an InstallCard installer in your area (if you don't see an installer listed, you may wish to call InstallerNet at the number listed below the zip code field. New installers are added to the network frequently, so there may be options available for you that aren't yet listed online). Then, just add this card to your online shopping cart, and proceed through checkout as usual. When you receive the card from us, visit www.installcard.com, enter the unique InstallCard number on the back of the card, and schedule your installation with the local shop.
Then, just add this card to your online shopping cart, and proceed through checkout as usual. When you receive the card from us, visit www.installcard.com, enter the unique InstallCard number on the back of the card, and schedule your installation with the local shop.
When you arrive for your appointment at your local stereo shop, just hand over the InstallCard, along with the CD changer you've purchased and your Crutchfield invoice (it will be included in the box with your order), and your installation begins.
You can feel confident about the quality of work since every installer on the InstallerNet Network has at least two years' experience and is MECP (Mobile Electronics Certified Professional) certified. InstallerNet feels so strongly about the expertise of their installers that they will warranty the labor of your installation for the life of your vehicle.
What does this card cover?
With this InstallCard, the professional installer will install your new CD changer. Be sure to read the Details below to see what's covered. Please call an Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 if you have any questions.
- prepaid installation of a CD changer at your choice of more than 1,500 professional stereo shops
- installation does not cover modifications to your vehicle; if modifications are required, the installer will inform you of any additional charges before performing the work
- InstallCard services are currently available in all 50 states and Puerto Rico; we cannot ship InstallCards outside these areas.
- installation labor is warranted for the life of your vehicle
- Important note: This installation does not cover modifications to your vehicle. If modifications are required to install your new changer, you may be charged extra at the time of installation. Your installer will inform you of any additional charges before performing the work, so you can approve the charges. Some possible extra charges (parts, labor, or both) include:
- significant, additional labor is required due to a complex dash disassembly/reassembly process
- you choose to have the CD changer in your console or another optional location (this card covers installation in the trunk or under a seat only)
- you need an adapter to connect multiple components to your stereo
- removal of the rear seat and/or other car parts is required to run the CD changer cables
InstallCard: CD Changer Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
The installation card is a great idea! I called the number on the card to find an installer in my area and received a call back the following day. Was able to have the cd changed I purchased installed very quickly after receipt. There were a couple of minor issues with the installers themselves (broke some facing at the rear of my console and did a lousy job seating the display on the dashboard). But all in all I liked the idea of having the installation paid for and not having to shop around for price.
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Wow. This could not have been any easier unless the installation shop had been closer. My only complaint was that the closest install shop was about 5 miles away. However, once I got there, they took care of me excellently with no hesitation or questions about the install card and I was out in under 30 minutes (I had a cd changer installed in the trunk). Just make sure you follow the instructions on how to use the card when you get it. I'd would do it again in an instant.
What's in the box?
- CD Changer InstallCard for basic CD changer installation
Overview: With this InstallCard (42-1005) a professional Mobile Electronics installer will install an aftermarket CD Changer to your factory or aftermarket car stereo system. Basic Installation includes wiring CD Changer to the accessory power and mounting the unit in the trunk or under the seat. This InstallCard will accommodate basic installation on most vehicles. Some vehicles may require optional mounting brackets or additional labor due to the complexity of the existing radio removal.
Disclaimers: This InstallCard (42-1005) does not include the following installation costs:
- Mounting the CD changer in the console or in another optional location may require additional labor charges.
- Some vehicles require the removing of the rear seat and other non-standard ways to run the CD changer cables.
- Antenna cable connectors are additional items and may be purchased from the installer if not purchased at the time of equipment sale.
- European cars, such as BMW, Mercedes, Audi etc. and some exotic vehicles may require additional labor charges due to the complexity of their wiring
Installation Warranty: Each installation performed using an InstallCard comes with a nationwide limited lifetime labor warranty. If at any time, the installed product becomes inoperable due to a faulty installation the installer will correct the problem at no charge.
Defective Equipment: If the equipment is found to be defective at the time of installation, the installer will remove the defective unit and reinstall a replacement unit (supplied by the customer) at no additional charge. If the installed equipment fails later, after leaving the installation shop, and it is determined that the malfunction is not caused by the installation, the installer will remove and replace the defective unit with a new unit supplied by the customer, and the customer will be responsible for a removal and reinstallation charge which will not exceed 50% of the original installation charge.