Our take on the InstallCard: FM-modulated Satellite Radio
Not into "do it yourself" car stereo installations? No problem. With a pre-paid InstallCard, you can have your new FM-modulated or direct-connect satellite radio installed by any professional who's a member of the InstallCard network there are more than 1,500 locations all across the country. You'll get all the benefits of buying your satellite radio tuner from Crutchfield, plus the time savings and peace of mind that come with professional installation.
How does it work?
Simple. First, enter your zip code to see if there's an InstallCard installer in your area (if you don't see an installer listed, you may wish to call InstallerNet at the number listed below the zip code field. New installers are added to the network frequently, so there may be options available for you that aren't yet listed online). Then, just add this card to your online shopping cart, and proceed through checkout as usual. When you receive the card from us, visit www.installcard.com, enter the unique InstallCard number on the back of the card, and schedule your installation with the local shop.
When you arrive for your appointment at your local stereo shop, just hand over the InstallCard, along with the satellite radio tuner you've purchased and your Crutchfield invoice (it will be included in the box with your order), and your installation begins. And you can feel confident about the quality of work every installer on the InstallerNet Network has at least two years' experience and is MECP (Mobile Electronics Certified Professional) certified. InstallerNet feels so strongly about the expertise of their installers that they will warranty the labor of your installation for the life of your vehicle.
What does this card cover?
See more info on this item
With this InstallCard a professional will install an FM modulated or direct-connect (which is the same brand as your in-dash stereo) satellite radio to your factory or brand-name car stereo system. Installation includes mounting the satellite radio controller (for FM modulated versions), connecting an FM modulator or direct-connect cable, and installing the satellite radio antenna in the rear of the vehicle. The FM modulator allows you to connect the satellite radio to any FM stereo, even if it doesn't have an auxiliary input, and requires that a second component be mounted near the dash and wired to your factory antenna. Be sure to read the Details below to see what's covered. Please call an Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 if you have any questions.
- pre-paid installation of an FM-modulated or direct-connect satellite radio at your choice of more than 1,500 professional stereo shops
- to find out if an installer is available in your area, click here to enter your zip code
- InstallCard services are currently available in all 50 states and Puerto Rico; we cannot ship InstallCards outside these areas.
- installation labor is warranted for the life of your vehicle
- Some vehicles will require antenna adapters which are not included with this InstallCard. Please enter your vehicle information or call a Sales Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 to see if you'll need any antenna adapters to install your FM modulator.
- Important note: This installation does not cover modifications to your vehicle. If modifications are required, you may be charged extra for parts and labor at the time of installation. Your installer will inform you of any additional charges before performing the work, so you can approve the charges. Some possible extra charges (parts, labor, or both) include:
- your vehicle requires an antenna adapter, and you haven't purchased it before the installation
- you choose to have the antenna cable routed through a third brake light or behind a convertible top (standard installation is either on the dashboard or on the front of the vehicle roof)
- you choose to mount the display/controller of your FM modulated satellite radio on a vehicle-specific mount (sold separately)
Important Note: Install Cards are not eligible for refunds once they are activated. If equipment is determined to be defective during the process of the installation or immediately after while still at the install shop the installer will remove and reinstall the equipment at no charge. If equipment is determined to be defective after leaving the install shop or within a period of no longer than one year and within the manufacturer's warranty, Installer Net will cover 50% of the charge to remove and reinstall replacement equipment. If the customer chooses to remove non-defective equipment (swapping for a different brand, for example), Installer Net will charge for a completely new installation.