Our take on the InstallCard: In-dash Video
Not into "do it yourself" car stereo installations? No problem. With a prepaid InstallCard, you can have your new in-dash or all-in-one headrest video system (headrest with pre-installed video screen and built-in DVD player) installed by any professional who's a member of the InstallerNet Network — which boasts more than 1,500 members across the country. This card covers only the installation of an in-dash DVD receiver or an all-in-one headrest video screen. The installer will charge you extra for installing any add-on devices (iPod adapter, Bluetooth adapter, satellite radio, steering wheel remote, etc.) that come with your DVD receiver.
How does it work?
Simple. First, enter your zip code to see if there's an InstallCard installer in your area (if you don't see an installer listed, you may wish to call InstallerNet at the number listed below the zip code field. New installers are added to the network frequently, so there may be options available for you that aren't yet listed online).
Then, just add this card to your online shopping cart, and proceed through checkout as usual. When you receive the card from us, visit www.installcard.com, enter the unique InstallCard number on the back of the card, and schedule your installation with the local shop.
When you arrive for your appointment at your local stereo shop, just hand over the InstallCard, along with the in-dash video gear you've purchased and your Crutchfield invoice (it will be included in the box with your order), and your installation begins.
You can feel confident about the quality of work since every installer on the InstallerNet Network has at least two years' experience and is MECP (Mobile Electronics Certified Professional) certified. InstallerNet feels so strongly about the expertise of their installers that they will warranty the labor of your installation for the life of your vehicle.
What does this card cover?
See more info on this item
With this InstallCard, the professional installer will install your new in-dash or all-in-one headrest video system. Be sure to read the Details below to see what's covered. Please call an Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 if you have any questions.
- prepaid installation of an in-dash or all-in-one headrest video system at your choice of more than 1,500 professional stereo shops
- InstallCard services are currently available in all 50 states and Puerto Rico; we cannot ship InstallCards outside these areas.
- installation labor is warranted for the life of your vehicle
- Important note: This installation does not cover modifications to your vehicle. If modifications are required, you may be charged extra for parts and labor at the time of installation. Your installer will inform you of any additional charges before performing the work, so you can approve the charges. Some possible extra charges (parts, labor, or both) include:
- your in-dash video system features navigation, and requires a connection to the reverse light and vehicle speed sensor
- your vehicle features OnStar (or a similar factory security system), the audio portion of which is broadcast through the factory radio, and the installation of your new in-dash video system requires replacement of the security-system modules
- the factory wiring or dashboard have been cut or damaged as the result of a previous non-professional installation, or theft
- your in-dash DVD system requires the installation of a hideaway module
- your premium factory system (Bose, Infinity, Monsoon, etc.) requires bypassing with an extra wiring harness
- no installation kit is available for your vehicle, and the installer is required to fabricate a custom-mounting bracket
- your vehicle has factory steering-wheel controls, and you'd like your new in-dash video system to work with them
- your vehicle requires optional mounting brackets or significant, additional labor due to a complex dash diassembly/reassembly process
- your in-dash DVD player or headrest system has a hideaway module with inputs and outputs that must be mounted
- you choose to have the sound from your headrest system connected directly to your in-dash stereo
- your headrest with built-in video screen requires the installation of an external video source, such as a DVD player
Important Note: Install Cards are not eligible for refunds once they are activated.
If equipment is determined to be defective during the process of the installation or immediately after while still at the install shop the installer will remove and reinstall the equipment at no charge.
If the Manufacturer's product becomes defective sometime after the initial installation, and it is determined that the malfunction is not caused by the installation, then the installer will replace the defective unit with a new unit supplied by the customer, and the customer will be responsible for an R&R (removal and reinstallation) charge which will not exceed 50% of the original installation charge.
If the customer chooses to remove non-defective equipment (swapping for a different brand, for example), Installer Net will charge for a completely new installation.