Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Not into "do it yourself" car stereo installations? No problem. With a prepaid InstallCard, you can have your new, non-keyless entry remote starter installed by any professional who's a member of the InstallerNet Network — which boasts more than 1,500 members across the country. You'll get all the benefits of buying your gear from Crutchfield, plus the time savings and peace of mind that come with professional installation.
How does it work?
Simple. First, enter your zip code to see if there's an InstallCard installer in your area (if you don't see an installer listed, you may wish to call InstallerNet at the number listed below the zip code field. New installers are added to the network frequently, so there may be options available for you that aren't yet listed online). Then, just add this card to your online shopping cart, and proceed through checkout as usual. When you receive the card from us, visit www.installcard.com, enter the unique InstallCard number on the back of the card, and schedule your installation with the local shop.
When you arrive for your appointment at your local stereo shop, just hand over the InstallCard, along with the security gear you've purchased and your Crutchfield invoice (it will be included in the box with your order), and your installation begins.
You can feel confident about the quality of work since every installer on the InstallerNet Network has at least two years' experience and is MECP (Mobile Electronics Certified Professional) certified. InstallerNet feels so strongly about the expertise of their installers that they will warranty the labor of your installation for the life of your vehicle.
What does this card cover?
With this card, a professional Mobile Electronics installer will install a non-keyless entry remote car starter into any vehicle with an automatic transmission. Note: Some cars may require extra modules or wiring to complete the installation, so be sure to read the Details below to see exactly what's covered. Please call an Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 if you have any questions.
- prepaid installation of a non-keyless entry security system at your choice of more than 1,500 professional stereo shops
- InstallCard services are currently available in all 50 states and Puerto Rico; we cannot ship InstallCards outside these areas.
- to find out if an installer is available in your area, click here to enter your zip code
- for vehicles with automatic transmissions only
- installation labor is warranted for the life of your vehicle
- Important note: This installation does not cover modifications to your vehicle. If modifications are required, your installer will inform you of any additional charges (parts, labor or both) before performing the work, so you can approve the charges. Some reasons for possible extra charges include:
- vehicles that require additional wiring or labor because of complex wiring systems (including BMWs, Mercedes, and Audis)
- bypassing a previously installed alarm system (to keep it from sounding or triggering when you activate the remote starter)
- making the module work from your factory transmitters instead of the transmitter that came with your remote starter
- vehicles with factory transponders or kill switches may require additional modules to trigger the starting process or to wire in door triggers
- keyless entry, trunk pop, and window roll up functions are not covered by this Installcard
- warranty: 60 days
InstallCard: Remote Start Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Installcard remote starter
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
I like the fact that you can prepay for the installation, however, the company that installed
the device does not exemplify customer service. The first time they came out at 10:00
am and left at 5:30 and realized that a part was defective. The second time they came out
the realized that the replacement part needed to be programmer at their office. They left
and I had to contact crutchfield because no one retuned at their company returned my call.
They came back 3 days later. I would never use that installation company again.
What's in the box?
- Remote Starter without keyless entry InstallCard
Overview: With this InstallCard (42-1010) a professional Mobile Electronics installer will install an aftermarket remote car starter without keyless entry into your vehicle. Basic Installation includes all the necessary wiring to install the unit so it will start your vehicle with the signal it receivers from the transmitter. Some vehicle with factory transponders or kill switches may require additional modules to trigger the starting process. Some vehicles may require a non-standard installation due to the complexity of the vehicle.
Disclaimers: This InstallCard (42-1010) does not include the following installation costs:
- Some vehicles require additional modules to wire in the vehicle door triggers.
- Keyless entry, Trunk pop and window roll up are all optional items and maybe be purchased directly from the installer if so desired.
- Making the remote starter work from the factory transmitters instead of the transmitter that come in box may be additional.
- Bypassing a factory alarm so it will not sound or prevent the vehicle from starting may require additional labor charges.
- European cars BMW, Mercedes, Audi etc and some exotic vehicles may need additional labor due to the complexity of their wiring.
Installation Warranty: Each installation performed using an InstallCard comes with a nationwide limited lifetime labor warranty. If at any time, the installed product becomes inoperable due to a faulty installation the installer will correct the problem at no charge.
Defective Equipment: If the equipment is found to be defective at the time of installation, the installer will remove the defective unit and reinstall a replacement unit (supplied by the customer) at no additional charge. If the installed equipment fails later, after leaving the installation shop, and it is determined that the malfunction is not caused by the installation, the installer will remove and replace the defective unit with a new unit supplied by the customer, and the customer will be responsible for a removal and reinstallation charge which will not exceed 50% of the original installation charge.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
Cheaper to use than to deploy to area where vehicle is located [ Randy Dec 23, 2015 ]