Our take on the InstallCard: Hands-Free Car Kit
InstallCard takes the job out of your hands
Not into "do it yourself" car stereo installations? No problem. With a pre-paid InstallCard, you can have your new wired or Bluetooth® enabled hands-free car kit installed by any professional who's a member of the InstallCard network — at more than 1,500 locations all across the country. You'll get all the benefits of buying your gear from Crutchfield, plus you'll save time and gain the peace of mind that comes with professional installation.
How does it work?
Simple. First, enter your zip code to see if there's an InstallCard installer in your area (if you don't see an installer listed, you may wish to call InstallerNet at the number listed below the zip code field. New installers are added to the network frequently, so there may be options available for you that aren't yet listed online). Then, just add this card to your online shopping cart, and proceed through checkout as usual. When you receive the card from us, visit www.installcard.com, enter the unique InstallCard number on the back of the card, and schedule your installation with the local shop.
When you arrive for your appointment at your local installation shop, just hand over the InstallCard, along with the hands-free car kit you've purchased and your Crutchfield invoice (it will be included in the box with your order), and your installation begins. And you can feel confident about the quality of work — every installer on the InstallerNet Network has at least two years' experience and is MECP (Mobile Electronics Certified Professional) certified. InstallerNet feels so strongly about the expertise of their installers that they will warranty the labor of your installation for the life of your vehicle.
What does this card cover?
With this InstallCard, a professional will connect the wired or Bluetooth hands-free car kit to your factory or aftermarket car stereo system. Installation includes mounting the unit — including the control module, keypad, external microphone, and external speaker where applicable — and making all of the necessary connections to your system. Be sure to read the Details tab to see what's covered. Please call an Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 if you have any questions.
See more info on this item
- pre-paid installation of wired or Bluetooth enabled hands-free car kit at your choice of more than 1,500 professional stereo shops
- InstallCard services are currently available in all 50 states and Puerto Rico; we cannot ship InstallCards outside these areas.
- installation labor is warranted for the life of your vehicle
- Important note: This installation does not cover modifications to your vehicle. If modifications are required, you may be charged extra for parts and labor at the time of installation. Your installer will inform you of any additional charges before performing the work, so you can approve the charges. Some possible extra charges (parts, labor, or both) will apply if:
- you need an adapter to connect your hands-free car kit and another component to your stereo;
- you choose to mount your interface using a vehicle-specific bracket (sold separately);
- an external speaker is required and not included;
- your premium factory system (Bose, Infinity, Monsoon, etc.) requires bypassing with an extra wiring harness
- warranty: 60 days
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Important Note: InstallCards are not eligible for refunds once they are activated.
If equipment is determined to be defective during the process of the installation or immediately after while still at the install shop the installer will remove and reinstall the equipment at no charge.
If the Manufacturer's product becomes defective sometime after the initial installation, and it is determined that the malfunction is not caused by the installation, then the installer will replace the defective unit with a new unit supplied by the customer, and the customer will be responsible for an R&R (removal and reinstallation) charge which will not exceed 50% of the original installation charge.
If the customer chooses to remove non-defective equipment (swapping for a different brand, for example), InstallerNet will charge for a completely new installation.