Forget everything you know about satellite TV. VOOM is a complete satellite TV solution that brings the world's best-looking TV pictures into your home. Why settle for a trickle of HDTV content? VOOM will flood your living room with dozens of channels of extraordinary HDTV images accompanied by Dolby® Digital 5.1 sound.
If you currently rely on broadcast, cable or DBS reception, you might get a half-dozen HDTV channnels if you're lucky. VOOM has over 30 channels of HDTV, including over 20 exclusive commercial-free channels! Movies, sports, concerts, documentaries and more, available 24/7 more than three times as many HDTV channels as anyone else.
The VOOM advantage begins thousands of miles out in space. VOOM uses the newest and most sophisticated TV satellite in orbit. VOOM's state-of-the-art receiver/dish system delivers unsurpassed picture quality all HD channels look crystal-clear.
Digital satellite TV isn't new, but VOOM's approach is. This is the first satellite system engineered from the ground up for High-Definition TV. VOOM's nationwide satellite footprint means that now even homes that are beyond the reach of broadcast and cable TV can reliably receive dozens of ultra-clear channels of HDTV.
The VOOM satellite receiver is made by Motorola. Every function is just a pushbutton away using the beautifully simple on-screen interface (see "More Photos"). The program guide displays 4 days' worth of program listings, including any local over-the-air digital channels you can receive.
The receiver's tuner handles both satellite and local off-air digital broadcasts, so there's no need to switch inputs simply select the program you want to see. To watch regular (analog) shows, simply switch to your TV's built-in tuner. Component video and DVI outputs are provided for your HD-compatible TV, plus composite and S-video jacks for connecting a VCR or second TV. The receiver's phone line connection keeps the program guide info updated, and also permits future software upgrades to ensure that your VOOM receiver will continue to provide the latest features and capabilities.
One of the best features of VOOM's satellite service is professional installation. Once you order the start-up kit, a phone call to VOOM is all it takes to schedule the installation, at your convenience. With VOOM's current promotion, a $1 installation fee includes:
- delivery and installation of satellite dish, off-air antenna, and up to 3 VOOM receivers (with 6-month commitment to VOOM programming)
- connecting the VOOM receiver(s) to your existing A/V equipment
- configuring system settings for optimum performance
- programming the VOOM remote for your TV and VCR
The installer won't leave your home until you're enjoying flawless HDTV reception!
Tip: To find out if over-the-air HDTV signals are available in your area, visit this helpful site and punch in your zip code.
- VOOM satellite TV start-up certificate is a $149.99 credit toward programming and/or delivery and installation of VOOM receiver, dish, and off-air antenna
- VOOM system receives and decodes High-Definition and standard VOOM signals, plus over-the air HDTV/SDTV signals
- 4-day program guide displays information for VOOM satellite programming and local digital over-the-air broadcasts
- 2 sets of A/V outputs (2 composite, 1 S-video, and one component video)
- DVI digital video output with HDCP copy protection
- 2 RF inputs (Satellite, Antenna)
- RF output
- optical and coaxial digital outputs for Dolby Digital
- multibrand remote control with glow-in-the-dark buttons
- 17"W x 2-1/2"H x 11-1/2"D
- warranty: 1 year parts and labor
Note: VOOM service is not available in Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, or Canada. $1 installation fee covers HD receivers in up to 3 rooms (with 6-month commitment to VOOM programming). $5 monthy equipment charge per receiver. Maximum of 6 receivers allowed per customer. $49 standard professional installation fee for each receiver after the third receiver that is installed on the same visit. $199 standard professional installation fee for each installation visit. Additional installation charges may apply. Programming not included. Programming package costs start at $49.90 per
month. Customers will be billed upon activation for applicable equipment, installation and programming costs. Subsequent billings will occur approximately every month thereafter. Automatic recurring credit card charges may apply. Taxes may apply. Subject to credit approval. Valid credit card needed to qualify. Offer good through 3/01/05.
Prices, programming, terms and conditions subject to change without notice. Subject to terms and conditions of the VOOM customer agreement available at www.voom.com. Image resolution and sound quality depend on the customer's own equipment. Three times more HD programming claim based on web survey of leading competitors conducted 4/15. The VOOM and HDTV Delivered names and logos are service marks of Rainbow DBS Company LLC. Other trademarks and service marks shown are the property of their respective owners.