Responder LE keyless entry security system with remote start
Item #: 6075204P
This item is no longer available.
Original Price: $199.99
We offer vehicle-specific interfaces that you'll need to complete your remote start/car security installation. Please identify your vehicle as we review every order to make sure you've got everything you need.
Keyless entry, remote start, and security
Python's 524 security system gives you the convenience of a keyless entry system, along with a remote start feature that'll warm up your car on those cold winter days. The system also protects your car, with a starter kill feature that shuts down your vehicle in a carjacking, and an adjustable shock sensor that chirps if someone bumps against your car, then sets off the alarm if the intrusion continues. Multi-level security arming lets you select which inputs or sensors will be active when your system is armed.
2-way remote lets you keep tabs on your car
The crown jewel of this system is a stylish 2-way remote that notifies you of a break-in up to a quarter mile away, and looks great on your keychain. Your system also includes a one-way 5-button remote. The 24-channel Responder LE system always finds a clear channel for transmission, so you can count on communicating with your vehicle at a range of up to 2,000 feet.
You can use the remote to start the car, and the remote randomly encrypts your signal codes every time you arm or disarm to prevent unauthorized access. Flashing LED "ghostlights" also provide command confirmation and status information. Got an iPhone, Android, or BlackBerry®? Python's DSM200 interface allows you to start your vehicle remotely with your smartphone.
Cuts down on false alarms
This Python system also employs Nuisance Prevention Circuitry (NPC) to prevent false alarms from environmental conditions like thunder, jackhammers, or airport parking lots. The 524 alarm system is compatible with BypassKit and XpressKit modules and accessories, which enable you to minimize your installation time in a wide range of vehicles.
- security/keyless entry/remote start system
- package includes module, one 5-button transmitter/receiver, one 5-button transmitter, a shut-down toggle switch, 2-stage shock sensor, 6-tone siren and harnesses
- 2-way remote confirms commands and alerts with flashing LEDs (range of up to 2000 feet)
- Remote Start function is for fuel injected, diesel, and hybrid vehicles only
- 2-stage shock sensor
- 4 remote-controlled auxiliary outputs
- onboard starter interrupt and dome light relays
- parking light flash with short circuit protection
- built-in turbo timer and horn honk
- starter anti-grind (starter interrupt must be installed)
- silent mode warns you of a break-in by paging only — no siren
- retained accessory power
- remote transmitters have multi-car capability
- compatible with BypassKit and XpressKit modules and accessories
- warranty: lifetime
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Python 524 Reviews
What's in the box?
- Control module
- Responder LE 2-way 5-button remote control (with attached key ring)
- Companion 1-way 5-button remote control (with attached key ring)
- 514LN Soft-chirp siren with attached 6' 2-wire harness
- 3" Control switch/antenna (with built-in valet/program switch and LED)
- 10' Antenna cable (6-pin plugs on both ends)
- Neutral Safety switch with attached 18" wire (w/2-pin plug)
- 39" Primary harness (6-pin) with in-line 15A ATO fuse)
- Auxiliary/Shutdown harness (24-pin) with 18"+39"+78" leads
- 32" Remote Start heavy gauge harness (10-pin w/three 30A ATO fuses)
- Stinger DoubleGuard Shock Sensor (with 4-wire harness)
- 59" Door lock harness (2-wire)
- Pin switch (with 0.25" male quick slide)
- 0.25" Female quick slide
- Owner's Guide
- Quick Reference Install Guide (with Wiring Connections)
- Product Registration card
- Warning sticker (regarding remote start system)
- 2 Self-adhesive Python decals
Features and Specs
|Lines of Defense|
|Pager Warning||2-way rem|
|Scan-resistant Remote Codes||Yes|
|Glass Break Sensor||Optional 607506T|
|Number of Remote Buttons||5|
|Number of Remote Functions||23|
|Two-way Remote||1 remote|
|Smartphone Integration||Optional 607DSM200|
|Factory Security Integration||No|
|Number of Cars||2|
|Remote Door Locks||Yes|
|Manual Transmission Compatible||Yes|
|Number of Zones||6|
Overview: The Python Model 524 car security system from Directed Electronics will protect your vehicle with the most up-to-date electronic technologies available, including Remote Start, the Stinger DoubleGuard shock sensor, the Revenger six-tone siren, and the Failsafe Starter Kill. The system has 4 auxiliary outputs to provide keyless entry and other convenience features. The unit is covered by a limited lifetime warranty.
Note: The remote start function is for fuel injected, diesel, or hybrid vehicles only.
Responder LE 5-button Remote Controls: The Python Model 524 features Responder LE 2-way communication technology in the hybrid remote start and car security system. It comes with one 2-way Responder LE remote control (7251P) and a companion 1-way remote (7152P). The 2-way Responder LE remote is equipped with a powerful 8 MHz microprocessor running SuperCode protocol with advanced, software-based digital encryption and function control. Not only can you arm and disarm the alarm and start the car, you can monitor the status of your vehicle using the GhostLight LEDs on the remote. The remotes have a range of 2000 feet with a 3-6 month battery life.
Remote Control Functions: The unique Responder LE remote control has separate lock and unlock buttons, a remote start button, and an auxiliary button. The function button allows you to access the full power of SuperCode programming when combined with other buttons for dozens of functions.
ESP2: The Model 524 features ESP2, Directed's exclusive serial communications protocol that allows extra ultra security, high-speed communication between systems, and enables many of Directed's key features.
66-bit Clone-Safe Code-Hopping: To prevent the unauthorized cloning of the remote's transmitter, the receiver and remote controls each use mathematical algorithms to change their codes each time the remote is used. The control unit knows what the next codes should be, even if you use the remote control out of range of the vehicle or the battery has been removed. Should the remote and control unit ever get "out of sync", you can easily re-sync the remote by pressing the "lock" button several times within range of the vehicle.
Two-car Control: You can operate the Responder LE 2-way remote control system for two cars, with full command capability for both vehicles.
SmartStart Compatible: The Model 524 is compatible with Directed Electronics' SmartStart module (607DSM200) that enables you to operate specific functions of the system from your Apple iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, as well as some Blackberry and Android smartphones. Using SmartStart, you can lock and unlock your vehicle, open the trunk, start the vehicle, or trigger the Panic Mode from your phone.
Control Center: In addition to the hideaway control module, the system also includes a control center, which includes the RF remote antenna, the status LED, and the valet/system override switch. Typically the control center is mounted high on the windshield or a rear or side window.
Modified Arming: The Responder LE gives you control over how it will protect your car. Normal arming means that all the security features are active automatically. Some security features can be turned off on a one-time basis, if desired. Features that can be turned off include the Warn Away response, the Shock Sensor full trigger response, or the response from other added optional sensors. When these features are turned off, the entry points are still monitored. The next time the alarm is disarmed, then rearmed, the system will revert to Normal Arming.
Failsafe Starter Kill: To prevent your vehicle from being stolen, the control unit has a built-in relay which will disable the starter. The Automatic Engine Disable (AED) feature, when programmed "on," disables the starter 30 seconds after the ignition is turned off. To start the car, it will be necessary to disarm the system with the remote control.
Revenger Siren: The Model 524 includes the Revenger Soft Chirp siren (model 514LN). It consists of six different tones in sequence. Any of the tones can be eliminated, resulting in a unique, easily identifiable siren sound. The siren chirps can be either full volume or six decibels quieter than the full alarm blast.
Stinger Double-Guard Shock Sensor: The system features the Stinger Double-Guard Shock Sensor, which is designed to pick up impacts to the vehicle or glass. The sensitivity of the shock sensor is adjustable using the rotary control on the back of the control module. When the sensitivity is set, a light impact will generate the "Warn-Away" pre-warning chirp of the siren. A harder impact will trigger a full alarm blast.
Auxiliary Outputs: Convenience options, such as remote control trunk release and window automation, are available through the system's four auxiliary outputs.
Silent Modes: The system gives you a number of silent modes:
- Silent Mode 2: You can turn off the vehicle siren and flashing lights on a one-time basis, leaving the system's paging feature as the only alarm response.
- Full Silent Mode: In full silent mode, the siren cannot be triggered, but any trigger will cause the 2-way remote to be paged.
- Sensor Silent Mode: In this mode, a sensor cannot trigger the siren, but will cause the 2-way remote to be paged. All entry points (doors, hood, etc.) will still trigger the siren.
Door Locks: The Model 524 will automatically lock your vehicle's doors when you arm the alarm, and unlock the doors when disarming the alarm. When interfacing with any other type of factory door lock system besides negative switching locks, or when adding aftermarket actuators, two relays (such as two 120E5000s) or a door lock module (such as 607451M) will be required.
Note: If your vehicle requires the use of a Data Integration module that controls your factory door locks, no extra parts besides the Data Integration module will be required.
Dome Light Control: You can control your vehicle's dome light in a number of ways:
- Security Only: The dome light activates for 30 seconds after the system is disarmed.
- Ignition Controlled: The dome light activates for 30 seconds after the ignition is turned off.
- Door Controlled: The dome light activates for 30 seconds after the system sees a door has closed. (If door is held open for longer than 3 minutes, the dome light will not illuminate.
- Full: The dome light activates for 30 seconds after seeing door closure, ignition, or security disarm. (This is the factory setting.)
Valet Mode: You can prevent the system from automatically arming and triggering by using the Valet Mode. This is very useful when washing the vehicle or having it serviced. In Valet Mode, the security system will not arm, even with the remote control, but all convenience features (door locks, trunk release) continue to work normally.
Nuisance Prevention Circuitry: The Nuisance Prevention Circuitry prevents annoying repetitive trigger sequences due to faulty door pin switches or environmental conditions, such as thunder, jackhammers, airport noise, etc. If the alarm triggers three times within a 60 minute period, and each time the same sensor or switch triggers the alarm, the NPC ignores, or bypasses, that sensor or switch (along with any other sensors or switches sharing the same zone) for 60 minutes.
Optional Accessories: The Python Model 524 can accept a wide range of convenience and security accessories from Install Essentials:
- Additional Remotes: Item # 6077251P for a Responder LE 2-way, 5-button remote, or 6077152P for the companion 1-way, 5-button remote
- Field Disturbance Sensor: Item # 607508D for detecting movement inside or just outside of your vehicle.
- Audio Sensor: Item # 607506T for glass impact audio detection.
- Tilt Sensor: Item # 607507M to monitor the tilting of your parked vehicle (caused by an attempt to jack up or tow your vehicle)
- Ultrasonic Sensor: Item # 607509U to monitor the airspace inside your vehicle to detect subtle window tampering.
- Siren with Backup Battery: Item # 607515R for an optional siren with a battery backup.
Remote Start Overview: The Python Model 524 can start your car and run it by remote control from a distance of up to 2000 feet for a preset amount of time. The remote start can be used on vehicles with manual or automatic transmissions. The status of the vehicle can be monitored by the LEDs on the 2-way Responder LE remote.
Run Time: The preset remote start run time is 12 minutes. You can change the run time to between 12 and 60 minutes. The remote control can notify you on the 2-way remote how much of the run time is remaining (100%, 75%, 50%, 25%, etc.).
Automatic Shut-down/Starter Lockout: After the vehicle is remote started, the remote starter will shut down when the brake pedal is pressed, the hood is opened, if the alarm is triggered when armed, or when the remote start command is sent again from a remote control. In addition, if the hood is opened or if the brake pedal is pressed, you cannot start the vehicle using the remote starter.
Turbo Timer: The turbo timer mode keeps the engine running after arriving at your destination for a programmable period of time. This allows the system's timer to conveniently cool down the turbo after you have left the vehicle. You can select a turbo timer mode of 1, 3, 5, or 10 minutes.
Cabin Temperature: Using the Responder LE system, you can check the temperature inside the vehicle. LEDs on the remote will light up indicating the temperature range of the vehicle. This allows you to monitor how long to pre-heat or pre-cool your vehicle.
Rear Defogger: When the rear defogger circuit is connected to the alarm output, the rear defogger will automatically come on when the vehicle is remote started. You can also manually activate the rear defogger after the remote start is on. If the interior cabin temperature is above 55° F, the defogger will not activate.
Valet Takeover: This feature allows the vehicle to remain running after the key has been removed from the ignition. This is useful for those occasions when you wish to exit and lock the vehicle for short periods of time while leaving the motor running and the climate controls on.
Anti-grind Circuitry: Whenever the vehicle is remote started, advanced anti-grind circuitry prevents the starter from engaging, even if the key is turned to the start position. This prevents damage to the starter motor.
Shutdown Switch: You can temporarily disable the remote start unit to prevent the vehicle from being remote started accidentally by switching the supplied neutral safety toggle switch to the Off position.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.