Python Responder 460
Security system with keyless entry
Item #: 607P460R
This item is no longer available.
Original Price: $199.99
We offer vehicle-specific interfaces that you'll need to complete your car security installation. Please identify your vehicle as we review every order to make sure you've got everything you need.
Security systems from Python offer sophisticated security and convenience features to protect you and your car. Short circuit protection and anti-theft sensors keep thieves out of your car, and the Python remote control randomly encrypts your signal codes every time you arm or disarm to prevent unauthorized access. Python systems also employ Nuisance Prevention Circuitry (NPC) to prevent false alarms from environmental conditions like thunder, jackhammers, or airport parking lots.
The Python Respnder 460 system protects your car while giving you the convenience of a keyless entry system. Features includes starter kill, an adjustable shock sensor, plus a 4-button 2-way and a 4-button 1-way remote. Multi-level security arming lets you select which inputs or sensors will be active when your system is armed, and you can tailor the 6-tone siren to make your alarm really stand out.
The 3-channel Responder system always finds a clear channel to receive your remote transmissions, while the programmable 4-button, configurable remotes feature separate "Lock" and "Unlock" buttons that make them easier to operate. The Responder 460 alarm system is compatible with BypassKit and XpressKit modules and accessories, which enable you to minimize your installation time in a wide range of vehicles.
- 6-channel security/keyless entry system
- package includes module, two 4-button transmitters, external receiver/antenna, 6-tone siren, and harnesses
- works with negative trigger, positive trigger, and reversing polarity door lock systems
- 2 remote-controlled auxiliary outputs
- parking light flash with short circuit protection
- built-in horn honk and adjustable shock sensor
- compatible with BypassKit and XpressKit modules and accessories
- warranty: lifetime
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Python Responder 460 Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Python Responder 460
2006 Ford Mustang
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Very nice alarm... Easy to configure, My car needed to modules in order to work correctly.
Could save you a headache or two!
I got this as a gift and had it installed because of all the audio equipment in my car (i.e. speakers, amps, subs, capacitor.. you get the idea). But where this alarm has really shown through is when people have hit my car. One night around 4 in the morning my 2way lcd remote went off and woke me up. It told me that someone had hit my car. Without that I would have never found who hit my car because they tried to get away. This alarm system has more than paid for itself and still works flawlessly two years later.
keyless entry and security in one!
I have had my 2 way responder for over a year. First in my Cadillac and now in my Tahoe. I love being able to see in the LCD display that my vehicle is locked. The adjustable shock sensor is great! The only down side is that when alarm is triggered the remote only vibrates and beeps for a short time then a beep every minute (not the best for waking me up). The range is up to a half mile but it never reaches that far but i am still happy with the system.
What's in the box?
- Alarm control module
- 7341P Two-way 4-button LCD transmitter
- 7142P One-way 4-button transmitter
- Belt clip for 7341P transmitter
- "AAA" battery for 7341P transmitter
- 514N Soft-chirp Siren with attached 70" wire
- 55" H1 Primary harness (12-pin)
- 59" H2 Door lock harness (3-pin)
- Self-adhesive 548T in-vehicle antenna
- 10' Antenna cable (4-pin plugs on each end)
- Blue LED with 59" attached wire (w/ 2-pin plug)
- Valet switch with attached 6' wire (w/ 2-pin plug)
- Owner's Guide
- Installation Guide
- 2 Python decals
- Product Registration card
- Quality by Design sheet (listing patents)
Features and Specs
|Lines of Defense|
|Pager Warning||LCD Remote|
|Scan-resistant Remote Codes||Yes|
|Glass Break Sensor||Optional 607506T|
|Number of Remote Buttons||4|
|Number of Remote Functions||6|
|Two-way Remote||1 remote|
|Factory Security Integration||No|
|Number of Cars||1|
|Remote Door Locks||Yes|
|Manual Transmission Compatible||---|
|Number of Zones||5|
Overview: This Python car security system from Directed Electronics will protect your vehicle with the most up-to-date electronic technologies available, including the Stinger DoubleGuard shock sensor, and the Revenger six-tone siren. The system has 2 auxiliary outputs to provide convenience features, such as keyless entry or trunk release. The unit is covered by a limited lifetime warranty.
Remote Controls: The Python Responder 460 features one 2-way 4-button LCD remote control (7341P) and a companion 1-way 4-button remote (7142P). The 2-way remote allows you to arm and disarm the alarm, plus monitor the status of your vehicle using the LCD. The 7341P operates on one "AAA" battery, while the 7142P requires two CR2016 batteries (supplied).
Multi-Level Arming: In addition to active and passive arming, the system offers Multi-Level Arming, allowing you to select which of the inputs or sensors will be active and which will be bypassed at the time the system is armed. Multi-Level Arming only applies to a single arming cycle. Once the system is disarmed and then re-armed, all the zones will be active again.
Door Locks: The Responder 460 will automatically lock your vehicle's doors when you arm the alarm, and unlock the doors when disarming the alarm. When interfacing with any other type of factory door lock system besides negative switching or positive switching locks, or when adding aftermarket actuators, two relays (such as two 120E5000s) or a door lock module (item 607451M) will be required.
Note: If your vehicle requires the use of a Data Integration module that controls your factory door locks, no extra parts besides the Data Integration module will be required.
Starter Kill Output: This model does not have a built in starter kill relay. It does have the standard starter kill output wire (Ground While Armed), but a separate relay is required to truly have this feature.
Revenger Siren: The Responder 460 includes the Revenger Soft Chirp siren (model 514N). It consists of six different tones in sequence. Any of the tones can be eliminated, resulting in a unique, easily identifiable siren sound. The siren chirps can be either full volume or six decibels quieter than the full alarm blast.
Stinger Double-Guard Shock Sensor: The system features the Stinger Double-Guard Shock Sensor, which is designed to pick up impacts to the vehicle or glass. The sensitivity of the shock sensor is adjustable using the rotary control on the back of the control module. When the sensitivity is set, a light impact will generate the "Warn-Away" pre-warning chirp of the siren. A harder impact will trigger a full alarm blast.
Auxiliary Outputs: Convenience options, such as remote control trunk release, are available through the system's two auxiliary outputs.
Silent Mode: The Silent Mode allows you to temporarily turn off the arm or disarm chirps. The LCD remote responds with the normal arm/disarm notifications in silent mode. If the remote has beeps programmed, the remote will beep.
Dome Light Control: You can control your vehicle's dome light in a number of ways:
- Security Only: The dome light activates for 30 seconds after the system is disarmed.
- Ignition Controlled: The dome light activates for 30 seconds after the ignition is turned off.
- Door Controlled: The dome light activates for 30 seconds after the system sees a door has closed. (If door is held open for longer than 3 minutes, the dome light will not illuminate.
- Full: The dome light activates for 30 seconds after seeing door closure, ignition, or security disarm. (This is the factory setting.)
Valet Mode: You can prevent the system from automatically arming and triggering by using the Valet Mode. This is very useful when washing the vehicle or having it serviced. In Valet Mode, the security system will not arm, even with the remote control, but all convenience features (door locks, trunk release) continue to work normally.
Nuisance Prevention Circuitry: The Nuisance Prevention Circuitry prevents annoying repetitive trigger sequences due to faulty door pin switches or environmental conditions, such as thunder, jackhammers, airport noise, etc. If the alarm triggers three times within a 60 minute period, and each time the same sensor or switch triggers the alarm, the NPC ignores, or bypasses, that sensor or switch (along with any other sensors or switches sharing the same zone) for 60 minutes.
Vehicle Recovery System (VRS): The optional Vehicle Recovery System feature is designed to ensure that any unauthorized user of your vehicle, even if using your keys and remote control) will not be able to permanently separate you from your vehicle. If a carjacking attempt occurs and the VRS is armed, the following triggered sequence occurs:
- 15 seconds after the last door is closed, the in-vehicle LED begins to flash. This delay allows you to distance yourself from the vehicle in the event of a carjacking.
- 45 Seconds later, the siren begins chirping and the parking lights begin flashing.
- 15 Seconds after the chirps begin, the siren's output will change to a continuous blast. From this point on, when the ignition key is turned off, the VRS will immediately turn on the starter kill. This will prevent the vehicle from being started again.
- 3 Minutes after the constant siren begins, the flashing parking lights and siren will stop. The starter kill remains active until the system is disarmed. If the door is opened or the ignition is turned off and on in an attempt to restart the car, the siren and light flashing will begin again.
Optional Accessories: The Python Responder 460 can accept a wide range of convenience and security accessories from Install Essentials:
- Additional Remotes: Item # 6077341P for an extra 2-way, 4-button LCD remote, and 6077142P for an extra 1-way, 4-button remote.
- Field Disturbance Sensor: Item # 607508D for detecting movement inside or just outside of your vehicle.
- Audio Sensor: Item # 607506T for glass impact audio detection.
- Tilt Sensor: Item # 607507M to monitor the tilting of your parked vehicle (caused by an attempt to jack up or tow your vehicle)
- Ultrasonic Sensor: Item # 607509U to monitor the airspace inside your vehicle to detect subtle window tampering.
- Siren with Backup Battery: Item # 607515R for an optional siren with a battery backup.
- Electroluminescent Indicator: Item # 607620P for a larger, enhanced status indicator to replace the single LED.
Our Product Research Team
1 question already asked
Thanks for your question Matthew. For questions of compatibility, please contact an Advisor by phone or chat. [ Jeff Dec 12, 2013 ] Staff