Digital media receiver (Factory Refurbished)
Item #: 613KMBT308
This item is no longer available.
Original Price: $79.99
No discs needed
Tired of those scratched-up CDs taking up space in your car? With Kenwood's KMM-BT380U digital media receiver, you can ditch the discs and enjoy music stored on a variety of devices. Built-in Bluetooth® means you can stream your music wirelessly, plus you'll enjoy the convenience and safety of hands-free calling.
Kenwood's engineers packed this receiver with plenty of features, and, more amazingly, they made it all fit into a "short body" design that fits into almost any vehicle. This app-friendly receiver works with iPhones and Android devices, so you'll be able to stream your favorite Internet radio stations. If your iPhone is equipped with Siri® Eyes Free functionality, anything you can do with your phone can be done with your receiver. For Android users, Kenwood's Music Control app allows you to enjoy a variety of search and playback features.
Plenty of ways to play
Of course, you can also access the MP3, WMA, WAV, AAC, and FLAC files stored in your device using the dedicated "search" and "return" buttons. Handy tools like AppMode, Alphabet, Percentage Skip, and Related Search will help you find your music fast. If you play music using your iPod®, you can plug your player (with optional cable) into the front-panel USB input to enjoy Internet radio on Pandora, iHeartRadio, Aupeo! or TuneIt.
Need even more options? Drive Change allows you to connect a memory card reader or USB hub to the Kenwood's USB input and select music from up to five memory cards or USB flash drives. You can also plug in a thumb drive, or jack an MP3 player into the front-panel AUX input. No matter what you're playing, Kenwood's Drive EQ technology will compensate for wind and road noise to achieve maximum sound quality. And with the 13-digit LCD display, it's a lot easier to see song titles and channel information.
This digital media receiver will not play CDs. If you want to play CDs in your vehicle, we offer a wide selection of CD receivers.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
iPod/smartphone note: If you're going to use your iPod or smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.
- digital media receiver with AM/FM tuner (does not play CDs)
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and music streaming
- MOSFET amplifier (22 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
- compatible with Kenwood Music Control app for select Android phones
- Pandora control with iPhone and Android
- detachable faceplate
- 13-digit LCD display with blue key illumination
- plays MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV, and FLAC files
- wired Bluetooth microphone included
- remote control included
- System Q Sound Control (8 EQ curves and a 3-band equalizer)
- Sound Reconstruction improves the sound of heavily compressed music files
- low-pass filter and subwoofer level control
- bass boost
- iPod direct control via USB input
- inputs: front-panel auxiliary input and USB port
- outputs: 2-channel preamp outputs (2.5-volt rear/sub)
Other features and specs:
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- warranty: 90 days
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Why replace your factory radio?
Two good reasons - sound quality and cool features. A new car stereo offers power that's superior to most factory radios, along with more sophisticated tone controls. And most car stereos offer built-in or optional features that add safety and fun to life in your car, including inputs for your iPod or MP3 player, Bluetooth connectivity for hands-free cell phone calls, satellite radio or HD Radio reception, and connections for building an audio system in your car.
Kenwood KMM-BT308U Reviews
What's in the box?
- Refurbished digital media receiver (10A fuse)
- Face (attached)
- Trim ring (attached)
- Sleeve (installed)
- Wiring harness
- Wireless remote control (RC-406)
- CR2025 3V lithium-battery (installed in remote)
- Microphone with integrated bracket (attached 10' cable terminated by a right-angle male 3.5mm connector)
- 2 Removal tools
- Face-fixing screw
- Instruction Manual (En/Fr/Sp)
- Warranty Card
Features and Specs
|RMS Power Output||22 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20KHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||No|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Preamp Voltage||2.5 volts|
|Key Button Color||Blue|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||90 Days|
|Labor Warranty||90 Days|
|Memory Card Slot||USB memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|FM Sensitivity||8.2 dBf|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
Bluetooth Technology: The Kenwood KMM-BT308U is equipped with built-in Bluetooth (ver. 2.1 + EDR) allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles:
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP 1.5 (Hands Free Profile), OPP 1.1 (Object Push Profile), PBAB 1.0 (Phone Book Access Profile).
- Audio Streaming: A2DP 1.2 (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP 1.3 (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Kenwood KMM-BT308U. Visit Kenwood's Support Site for a complete list of compatible Bluetooth enabled phones.
Secure Simple Pairing (SSP) + Auto Pairing (for iPhone): With Secure Simple Pairing (SSP), you can easily pair a Bluetooth enabled phone to the Kenwood KMM-BT308U without having to enter pin codes or go through complicated settings. When a paired Bluetooth device is in close proximity to the receiver, the auto connection function automatically pairs the two units. You can pair up to five Bluetooth-enabled devices to the Kenwood head unit with a maximum of two Bluetooth phones and one Bluetooth audio player connected at one time (but only one can be used at a time). You can even pair your Apple iPhone by simply connecting it to the Kenwood head unit via USB and following a single prompt on the head unit's display.
Bluetooth Hands-Free Communication: The head unit supports Bluetooth hands-free communication for your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone. The controls of the KMM-BT308U can be used to dial a number, answer an in-coming call, or end a call. The unit also includes an external microphone (featuring adjustable gain), so you can carry on your side of the conversation while listening to the caller through your vehicles speakers. During a conversation, you can switch between the Private Mode (talking directly on your cell phone) and the Hands Free Mode.
- Answering a Call: When a call comes in, a ring-tone will be heard through your vehicle's speaker and the caller's name or phone number will be displayed. You can answer the call from the head unit's front-panel controls, or setup the head unit to automatically answer the incoming call immediately or after 1-30 seconds. The KMM-BT308U also supports the Call Waiting function, so you can answer another incoming call while suspending the current call you are on. Your compatible cell-phone must also support this feature.
- Dialing a Number: Using the KMM-BT308U, you can dial a
phone number in one of the following ways:
- Entering a Phone Number: Allows you to directly dial a phone number up to 32 digits from the head unit's control knob or remote control.
- Speed (Preset) Dialing: Allows you to register up to 6 phone numbers for quick dialing. The preset numbers can be accessed from the head unit's Control Knob.
- Phone Book: You can dial by using the downloaded phone book. You can download phone book data from your cell phone to the KMM-BT308U. Up to 600 numbers can be stored for each registered cell phone. Each number can be up to 32 digits long and each name can be up to 50 characters long. Stored phone numbers can be categorized by General, Home, Office, Mobile, or Other. You can search each category of the phone book in alphabetical order.
- Call History: The Call History is a list of calls that have originated from and were received by this unit that you can dial. You can select Outgoing, Incoming, or Missed calls.
- Voice Dialing: If your mobile phone supports voice recognition, then you can dial out by voice command. Simply speak into the included microphone.
Note: The external wired microphone offers improved audio quality versus an integrated microphone, so you can be heard easier over noisy traffic and road noise. You can adjust the volume level and noise cancellation of the microphone without affecting the other sources. The external microphone features an attached 10' cable terminated by a right-angle 3.5mm connector which plugs into the mic input on the rear-panel of the head unit. The microphone offers an integrated mounting bracket which can be clipped to your vehicle's sun-visor or taped to your dash. The external microphone measures 0.525" (diameter) x 1.505" (depth).
SMS: If your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone is compatible with SMS (Short Message Service), the Kenwood head unit will notify you when a message has been received. You must then use your phone to check the message. You cannot read, edit, or send a message through this unit.
Wireless Audio Streaming (w/ Metadata Display): The Kenwood KMM-BT308U also supports wireless audio playback (AD2P) and control (AVRCP) of a Bluetooth enabled audio player or smartphone. The KMM-BT308U will be able to control basic playback functions of your Bluetooth device's stored music; such as Play/Pause, Skip Next/Previous, Fast Forward/Rewind and Random/Repeat. The head unit will also display your stored music's song information; such as Artist name and Song/Album title. The KMM-BT308U also supports audio streaming of music apps downloaded on your smartphone with metadata display and limited control. Advanced music control of your music apps will still need be done via your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone. When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call. Once the call is finished, your streaming music will resume.
Siri Eyes Free Control: When paired and connected with an iPhone 4S or 5/5C/5S via Bluetooth (not USB), the Kenwood KMM-BT308U has the ability to access Siri through its front-panel controls and external microphone. Simply press-and-hold down on the head unit's Answer Button to engage Siri and use the included microphone to communicate with Siri. Siri's voice will heard through your vehicle's speakers. All Siri functions including hands-free calling, music search, setting reminders, text-messaging, audible navigation, and more can be done through the KMM-BT308U and its microphone. The head unit's display will only indicate hands-free calling and Bluetooth audio information (all other functions of Siri are only audible through the Kenwood KMM-BT308U; visual data will still need to be viewed from your iPhone device).
Note: You can ask Siri to get directions to a destination and the turn-by-turn instructions will heard through your vehicle's speakers, while the on-screen map still displays on your iPhone 4S/5/5C/5S. The head unit's audio is attenuated while Siri provides audible directions.
USB Port: The Kenwood KMM-BT308U features a front panel USB (type-A) port that is hidden behind a flip-up cover. The USB port enables connection and control of a portable USB mass-storage class (MSC) devices; such as select Android smartphones (Froyo/Gingerbread OS only), portable digital audio players, or USB thumbdrives. The unit supports playback of MP3, WMA, WAV, and FLAC music files stored on a compatible USB memory device formatted with FAT file system. USB portable audio players that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the digital media receiver's USB port (max. 1A), and the vehicle's ignition switch is set to ACC or On.
|File System||FAT 12/16/32|
|Playable File Types|| MP3:
bit rate of 8-320 kbps w/ sampling rate of 8-48 kHz
WMA: bit rate of 32-192 kbps w/ sampling rate of 8-48 kHz
WAV: bit rate of 16-bit w/ sampling rate of 44.1 kHz
FLAC: bit rate of 16-bit w/ sampling rate of 8-48 kHz
|Maximum # of Folders/Files||999 folders/20,480 files (999 files per folder)|
|Tags||ID3 (ver.1.0/1.1/2.2/2.3/2.4), WMA, WAV, and Flac tags|
Note: When a mass-storage class (MSC) compatible smartphone is connected to the head unit's USB input, the unit's Drive Change features lets you select its internal memory or external memory (such as an SD card) for stored music playback. The Drive Change feature also lets you switch between multiple memory cards (up to 5) in a USB multi-card reader or multiple USB thumbdrives (up to 5) connected to a USB hub.
Music Control for Android Smartphone: The Kenwood Music Control app for Android organizes your Android smartphone's music, while providing quick and easy search capability from the Kenwood digital media receiver. The free Kenwood Music Control App for Android can be downloaded onto your Android smartphone from the Google Play App Store. Your Android smartphone must be running Android OS Froyo or Gingerbread (2.2+). Once the app is downloaded and has a chance to organize all the stored music on your Android smartphone, you can connect your Android smartphone to the Kenwood digital media receiver via USB (your compatible Android smartphone must be recognized as a USB mass storage class device; not compatible with MTP protocol). The Kenwood Music Control app offers the following Android supported functions.
- Song Management: Music stored in your Android smartphone can be navigated from the Kenwood digital media receiver. Songs can be easily selected by searching for a Song title, Artist name, Album label, or Genre.
- Song Information Display: Song information such as Artist name, Song title, and Album label are displayed on the connected Kenwood digital media receiver.
- Mood Playlist: Playlists can be created by classifying songs into categories by type of mood. Songs are analyzed and classified into the following categories of moods - High Energy (Active/Powerful/Core), Acoustic (Detailed/Simple/Smooth/Easy), Standard (Dynamic/Rockin/Vivid), Stylistic (Cool/Urban/Trance)
- Intro Skip: This function allows you to choose and listen to only the hook-lines of songs stored in your Android smartphone.
Note: When the Kenwood Music Control app is first downloaded it will require some time to populate all the music, so we suggest doing this overnight.
Music Editor Compatible: The Kenwood KMM-BT308U supports the PC application, Kenwood Music Editor Lite Kenwood's Music Editor Lit (v1.1.0). Kenwood Music Editor Lite is a Windows-based desktop software that helps organize, manage and transfer MP3/WMA music files to your USB thumbdrive from your PC. When you playback audio files that have been stored on your USB thumbdrive using Kenwood Music Editor Lite through this unit, you can search a file by title, album, or artist name using the head unit's Music Search function. The Kenwood Music Editor Light (v1.1.0) Windows-based software can be downloaded for free from Kenwood's website to your PC. The Kenwood Music Editor Light is compatible with the following Windows Microsoft Operating Systems.
- Windows XP Professional, Home Edition SP2 or later (32-bit)
- Windows Vista (32/64-bit)
- Windows 7 (32/64-bit)
- Windows 8
Note: Not compatible with Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad, Zune, or Android
Aux In: The unit is equipped with a front panel 3.5mm minijack auxiliary input that can be used to input audio from a portable audio source, such as a portable MP3 player. The Aux input must be turned on to function. The KMM-BT308U allows you to select the source type displayed when using the auxiliary input. You can choose from AUX, DVD, Portable, Game, Video, or TV. The unit has three aux input modes.
iPod Direct Connection: The Kenwood KMM-BT308U's front-panel USB port can be used to connect your 30-pin dock connector or Lightning-connector iPod/iPhone to the head unit. The KMM-BT308U supports audio playback, music navigation, information display, and charging of your compatible Apple device.
- 30-Pin Dock Connector: If you have an older iPod/iPhone with a 30-pin dock connector, you can use Kenwood's dock connector-to-USB cable (113KCIP102, sold separately) or the dock connector-to-USB cable that comes with your Apple device to connect your iPod/iPhone to the KMM-BT308U.
- Lightning Connector: If you have a newer iPod/iPhone with the Lightning-connector, you can use the Lightning-to-USB cable that came with your Apple device to connect your iPod/iPhone to the KMM-BT308U.
Note: The head unit's USB connection provides 1A of current to power and charge your connected iPod/iPhone when your vehicle's ignition switch is set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position (if your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it).
iPod Audio Playback w/ DAC Bypass: The USB connection allows your iPod/iPhone's stored music and music apps to be loaded instantly to the head unit and sound quality to be maximized through the head unit's 16-bit D/A converter, allowing for a Signal to Noise ratio up to 105dB. The Kenwood head unit supports audio playback of stored music, podcasts, audiobooks, and music apps on your iPod or iPhone. The KMM-BT308U provides music control and song/artist information display.
- Music Control: The Kenwood head unit allows you to navigate your iPod's music by Playlist, Artists, Album, Genre, Composer, Song, or Podcast. You can search these categories alphabetically (A-Z) or using a percentage search (0.5%, 1%, 5%, 10%). The head unit also supports Repeat (file) & Random (folder) playback functions of your connected iPod/iPhone. Newer iPod/iPhones with iOS 6.0+ allow you to continue to access your Apple device's touchscreen. Older iPod/iPhone devices will be locked during connection.
- Song/Artist Info: The KMM-BT308U will display your iPod/iPhone's music file information. The head unit will display Track number, Elapsed playing time, Artist name, Song title, and Album label.
Apple Device Compatibility Chart: The Kenwood KMM-BT308U is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features (as of 2/14/2014):
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Specific Apps||Display Type||Bluetooth||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||Pandora app||iHeart Link||Artist/Song Text||Track Info||Phone||Audio||Siri|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
RDS AM/FM Tuner: The Kenwood KMM-BT308U features a built-in RDS AM/FM tuner. The Radio Data System (RDS) feature displays radio broadcast information such as artist & track information when listening to compatible AM/FM stations. You can choose one of four tuning methods: Auto 1 (seek tuning), Auto 2 (cycles through and tunes the selected band's preset stations only with each button press), or Manual Tune. The KMM-BT308U's tuner features 3 FM banks (1, 2, 3) and 1 AM bank for storing presets. The Kenwood KMM-BT308U offers two preset modes.
- Normal: You can store 6 presets for each AM/FM bank giving you a total of 18 FM presets and 6 AM presets (total of 24).
- Mix: A total of 6 preset stations can be assigned to the head unit's 6 preset buttons, regardless of AM/FM band. This lets you recall a preset station without switching between bands.
Note: Not only does the digital media receiver's tuner allow you manually enter your desired presets you can choose to have the unit automatically put stations with good reception in the memory banks automatically; this is a handy feature when traveling.
Internet Radio Apps: The Kenwood KMM-BT308U allows you to access Pandora and iHeartRadio online music services through your USB-connected iPhone or Bluetooth-connected Android/Blackberry smartphone. Your Apple iPhone must be connected to the KMM-BT308U via the Kenwood KCA-iP102 cable (sold separately, or the cable supplied with your iPhone. Your Android or Blackberry smartphone must support A2DP/ AVRCP/SPP Bluetooth profiles and be paired with the Kenwood KMM-BT308U. Your iPhone, Android smartphone, or Blackberry device will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, or WiFi.
- Pandora App (for iPhone/Android/Blackberry): The free Pandora App (either from iTunes Apps, Google Play, or BlackBerry App World) lets you play music from the Pandora music service through the Kenwood KMM-BT308U using your USB-connected Apple iPhone (iOS 5.0+) or Bluetooth paired Android/Blackberry smartphone. The Kenwood KMM-BT308U provides control over the Pandora music service and displays Artist, Album, and Song information. You can select Pandora stations from your station list and sort them by date or alphabetically (A-Z). New stations can be created based on the current songs or artists playing. You can also save 3 Pandora stations as presets. You can also skip song tracks within a station. You can even give songs a thumbs up or thumbs down. An active Pandora account is required.
- iHeartRadio Link (for iPhone/Android): The free iHeartRadio Link app for Kenwood (either from iTunes Apps or Google Play) lets you play music from the iHeartRadio music service through the Kenwood KMM-BT308U using your USB-connected Apple iPhone (iOS 5.0+), or Bluetooth paired Android smartphone (2.2+). The iHeartRadio music service provides access to more than 1,500 live radio stations from coast-to-coast (including pop, country, urban, rock, talk, and sports). The KMM-BT308U will provide control over the iHeartRadio Link app, as well as display station identification and song/artist information. From the head unit's front-panel controls, iHeartRadio stations can be searched by the following categories (Local, Genre, City, or My Stations). The Local selection provides a list of radio stations in your local listening area. The unit also provides over 22 Genres to choose from (including pop, country, hip-hop, jazz, etc.) to help you find the right radio station for you. In addition, you can search for radio stations by City. Cities can be searched alphabetically (A-Z). You can even store your favorite stations (My Stations) for easier, quicker access. An active iHeartRadio account is required.
Note: Access to these Internet Radio services will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone or Android/Blackberry smartphone to connect to the Internet. Not supported in Canada and only available in the United States.
16 Bit D/A Converter: The Kenwood KMM-BT308U utilizes a 16-bit digital to analog converter for superior sound quality.
MOSFET Amplifier: The Kenwood KMM-BT308U is equipped with a MOSFET amplifier. Compared to conventional power supplies, the MOSFET amplification circuit is smaller and more efficient, and it delivers increased power with less distortion and absolutely zero on/off switching noise. More power means louder and cleaner music at higher volumes because you're not pushing the limits of the amplification circuit. The power output specs for the KMM-BT308U are as follows:
- Full Bandwidth Power: 22 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20-20kHz, 1% THD)
- Maximum Output Power: 50 watts x 4 channels
2Ch/2.5V Preamp Output + Sub Control: The KMM-BT308U features a 2.5-volt stereo preamp output that you can be adjusted from a full-range rear speaker preamp output to a low-pass subwoofer preamp output. The Kenwood KMM-BT308U offers the following subwoofer controls, when you have the unit's preamp output configured as a sub output.
- Low Pass Filter: The receiver features a built-in Low Pass Filter control for the preamp-output, when the output is set to Subwoofer. You can select from 85 Hz, 120 Hz, 160 Hz, or off.
- Subwoofer Phase: You can adjust the phase of the subwoofer output between 180-degrees (Reverse) or 0-degrees (Normal).
- Subwoofer Level: Once the Subwoofer preamp output is activated, you can independently control the subwoofer preamp output level (-15 to +15) from the digital media receiver.
Speaker Settings: The Speaker Setting function tailors the head unit's audio settings according to the type of speakers in your vehicle. You may select a Speaker Setting of 'SP-Off' (flat/off), 'SP-OEM' (for OEM factory speaker systems), 'SP-6x9/6' (for systems with 6" and 6"x9" speakers), or 'SP-5/4' (for systems with 4" and 5" speakers).
Preset EQ: Eight EQ curves are preset into memory, allowing you to recall the best preset EQ curve for different types of music. Each preset has its own level settings for bass, midrange, and treble . You can choose from the following preset EQ curves; Rock, Pops, Easy, Top 40, Jazz, Natural, Drive EQ, or User. The Drive EQ mode is an EQ preset that helps reduce road noise. The User mode allows you to manually adjust the head unit's Bass (200Hz) , Midrange (2.5kHz), and Treble (12.5kHz) level from +/- 8dB.
Note: You can store bass, middle and treble tone settings for each source (Tuner, Aux, USB, iPod, Bluetooth, and Pandora/iHeartRadio).
Sound Enhancements: The head unit provides further sound enhancements for your car audio system.
- Bass Boost: The Kenwood receiver features a Bass Boost control that can be set to the following levels (BB1, BB2, BB3, or Off).
- Loudness: This function enhances low and high frequencies to make the sound clearer lower volumes. There are 3 levels (LV1, LV2, or Off).
- Sound Reconstruction: When MP3 or WMA files encoded at a low bit rate (less than 96 kbps, 44.1k, 48kHz) are played, the Sound Reconstruction function restores their high frequencies so the sound quality is closer to files encoded at a high bit rate. The processing is optimized for the compression format and the bit rate used. When Sound Reconstruction is Off, the unit plays the original sound stored in the audio file.
Volume Offset: The level of each source may be independently adjusted to prevent radical leaps in output volume when switching from one source to another. The available settings range from -8 to 0 (-8 to +8 for Aux source).
Key Beep: The in-dash head unit provides an audible beep to confirm button operation. This function can be turned On or Off.
Detachable Face: The Kenwood KMM-BT308U features detachable face plate to deter theft. There is no protective face case included. An optional soft face case (142DFC1X, sold separately) can be purchased for this unit. A face-fixing screw is supplied for making the face non-detachable, if desired.
Single-Line LCD: The Kenwood head unit features a single-line, 13-segment, backlit LCD with white text and black background, plus blue button illumination.
- 12Hr/24Hr Clock: The head unit can be set to display a 12hr or 24hr clock. The unit also displays the day (Sun, Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, or Sat).
- Display Illumination/Clock Display: With your vehicle's key in the accessory or start position, the head unit continues to display the clock and button illumination during Standby mode. Pressing and holding the source button turns the unit off completely.
- Brightness & Dimmer: You can dim the LCD and button illumination to better suit the time of day. You can adjust the maximum brightness of the LCD and button illumination from 0-31. The Kenwood logo does not dim.
Note: This unit features a Demo mode which can be turned On or Off within the menu.
Wireless Remote Control: The KMM-BT308U comes with an IR remote control (RC-406) for wireless operation of the head unit. The remote will control Audio, USB, iPod, and Tuner functions. It is powered by a single CR2025 3V lithium-cell battery (supplied).
- Numeric Keypad: The wireless remote control features a numeric keypad (0-9) which allows direct track access of your music tracks & files from USB, as well as AM/FM presets.
- Attenuator: The digital media receiver features an Attenuator button on the supplied remote control that turns the volume down very quickly with one touch of the button.
Steering Wheel Remote Compatibility: The head unit features an OEM steering wheel remote control input wire (blue/yellow) within the included wiring harness that lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional steering wheel audio control adapter (sold separately). Please consult Crutchfield's Outfit My Car to see if your vehicle is compatible.
Warranty Note: This refurbished Kenwood product carries a 90-day warranty when purchased from Crutchfield. Kenwood offers Crutchfield customers an extra 60 days extended warranty beyond the 30-day Kenwood Limited Warranty for Refurbished Product that comes in the box.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
1 question already asked
I forwarded your question to an Advisor and they responded with the following: This unit does have a single set of RCA's that could be used to connect a sub amp. If you would like to discuss further you can contact an Advisor directly by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. [ Krissy Aug 05, 2015 ] Staff