Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
The DLO HomeDock Music Remote lets you conveniently enjoy your iPod's music through your audio/video system and control your player from just about anywhere in your home. Just connect the included HomeDock to your sound system. Then, you can easily select songs and playlists from your docked player using the handy Music Remote. A high-speed USB port lets you sync your iPod to a computer through the HomeDock.
The pocket-sized Music Remote automatically displays title and artist information for the song currently playing. Select albums, songs or playlists stored in your iPod using the remote's intuitive buttons and easy-to-read backlit display. A "jukebox" function even lets you create a new playlist of up to 10 songs on the fly. And you can adjust the player's volume or select different EQ settings to change the sound of your music. The Music Remote has a range of up to 150 feet, so you can control playback from different rooms. Track forward to your favorite song from the kitchen, or crank up the tunes from the patio at your next party.
- includes HomeDock and Music Remote
- plays audio from all docking iPods
- plays video from older docking iPods (no video playback from iPod classic, iPod nano, or iPod touch)
- stereo minijack output
- video output with Apple AV cable (not included)
- high-speed USB connection
- automatically recharges iPod and Music Remote while docked
- 3-3/16"W x 1-1/16"H x 4-5/16"D
- RF Music Remote
- 1"W x 1/2"H backlit OLED screen
- displays current song information
- lets you navigate through iPod menus and adjust volume and EQ
- Jukebox feature create new playlist of up to 10 songs
- range of up to 150 feet
- built-in batteries automatically recharge when remote is placed in dock
- 1-1/2"W x 3-5/16"H x 1/2"D
- AC adapter
- warranty: 90 days
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
DLO HomeDock Music Remote Reviews
What's in the box?
- Wireless remote control
- Home dock for iPod
- iPod support stand
- 43" Audio patch cable (with 3.5mm miniplug on one end and stereo RCA plugs on the other end)
- AC adapter with attached 6' DC output cord (DC output: 5V/1A)
- User Manual
- Advertisement for eMusic
- Advertisement for Rolling Stone
Overview: The HomeDock Music Remote lets you dock your iPod next to your stereo, then view and control all of your music in the palm of your hand from anywhere in the house. Not only does the Music Remote control your iPod, it also lets you see what's playing on the bright remote display. The included RF remote works through walls and ceilings, so you don't have to be in the same room.
Dock: The docking base has two slots: one for your iPod and one for the remote. The supplied iPod support stand has an adjustable "backrest" to make virtually any dock connector-equipped iPod model fit properly. The docking base will not only charge the iPod, but will also keep the remote control charged as well. The back panel has three connectors: a Mini-USB 2.0 port for synching your iPod to your computer, a DC power jack for plugging in the supplied AC adapter, and a 3.5mm minijack output for connecting the dock to your stereo using the supplied audio patch cable.
Compatibility: The docking base can accommodate the following iPod models:
- iPod nano: 1st and 2nd Generation
- iPod with Video (5th Generation): 30GB, 60GB, and 80GB
- iPod with Color Display: 20GB, 30GB, 40GB, and 60GB
- iPod 4th Generation: 20GB and 40GB
- iPod mini: 4GB and 6GB
Remote Control: The remote control has a 1" x 1/2" OLED (organic light-emitting diode) display where you can browse all of the songs on your iPod, and see what's currently playing. The remote has 5-button control: Up navigation/Volume Up, Down navigation/Volume Down, Left navigation/Previous track, Right navigation/Next track, and Menu. You can also change the EQ settings. The RF remote communicates with the dock on 915.92 MHz, with a range of up to 150 feet. To conserve battery, you can set the remote to sleep after 30 seconds, 1 minute or 2 minutes of inactivity.
iPod Content: Once it is initially charged, the Music Remote will automatically download your iPod's content. You can scroll through your playlists or artists using the Music Remote, and allow you to control your iPod from anywhere in the house.
Videos: Although you cannot view videos on the remote, you can connect the unit to your stereo and TV using any iPod AV cable. You can then control video playback (play/pause, fast forward, rewind, etc.) with the remote.
Jukebox: The Jukebox feature allows you to select up to 10 songs on the fly, and play them on your iPod.
Powered Speaker System: You can connect the output of the HomeDock Music Remote unit to a powered speaker system using an optional mini-to-mini cable. Since the remote's volume control varies the output level of the dock, you can remotely control the volume of the speaker system without having to touch the speaker system's volume control.
- Home Dock: W=3.14", H=1.075" (3" w/iPod support stand, 4" w/remote docked), D=4.287" (5.25" w/plugs)
- Remote Control: W=1.498", H=3.272", D=0.445"